Nelson Semedo

serghei

Seems like Valverde has his own little stupid thing. That's playing our best RB in the easier games and benching him (or not even that) in the hardest.

xXKonan

Do we have details of his contract?
For every 50 games we have to play 5 million euros in bonuses I think it caps out at around 15-20 Million or something like that? However to get around it we can give him a contract extension or two and it ends the bonuses clause in his current contract.

xXKonan

Benfica wanted over 50 million for him 10 million less than his buyout clause he had in his contract which was 60 million.

This was our way to get around it that would satisfy Benfica's requests.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Bartomeu way of business. Pay for Dembele 145 mil., say it's 105. Pay 50 for Semedo, say it's 30. :facepalm:

Where did he learn that? Oh nevermind :rosell:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If we're doing this to prevent paying bonuses then whoever is in charge of it are stupid. If we end up losing points because of this crap throughout the season then it can end up costing more than an extra 10 millions.

We can afford throwing away money on Vermaelen and other useless stuff, but god forbid we pay a bit extra for a player like Semedo who at 30m is proving to be a bargain so far anyway.

xXKonan

I don't really buy the theory but I really hope Valverde isn't also doing this to shove Roberto in the lineup to keep him happy. Roberto even said he wants to play in the midfield but we are still playing him in the RB spot. :facepalm:

It seems like Valverde doesn't want to bench the likes of Rakitic even if he's underperforming, so instead he plays one of our best performers in Semedo who's become a key player for our team and then benches him in tricky away games so Roberto gets game time in a spot that he struggled.

:banghead:

JamDav1982

I don't really buy the theory but I really hope Valverde isn't also doing this to shove Roberto in the lineup to keep him happy. Roberto even said he wants to play in the midfield but we are still playing him in the RB spot. :facepalm:

It seems like Valverde doesn't want to bench the likes of Rakitic even if he's underperforming, so instead he plays one of our best performers in Semedo who's become a key player for our team and then benches him in tricky away games so Roberto gets game time in a spot that he struggled.

:banghead:

Rakitic was on the bench in the last game.

Nothanks

We're up against small team resting semedo for bigger teams isn't a bad thing...
now if we rest him against atletico or real madrid by all means get the pitchforks but this doesn't sound so bad..

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
giphy.gif

Home of Barca Fans