New 2013-2014 kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
The font was only for the gamper. The shirts will be auctioned and the proceeds will go to charity.

mixer

They were drawn by Anna Vives, a graphic designer with Down syndrome.
and still better than:

ronaldo-real-madrid-new-sponsorship-jersey-2014-fly-emirates.jpg

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Rosell (president): "This season's red-yellow shirt, based on the Catalan flag, is already the most sold away shirt in sports history."

Wow.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Rosell (president): "This season's red-yellow shirt, based on the Catalan flag, is already the most sold away shirt in sports history."

Wow.

I want to see figures before I believe that. He might mean it's the most sold in the first month or whatever, can't imagine it is already above some other away shirts within weeks of release.

Agri

I want to see figures before I believe that. He might mean it's the most sold in the first month or whatever, can't imagine it is already above some other away shirts within weeks of release.

Indeed. I wonder if there is some sort of record, list, overview or something on how many kits were sold these last seasons... if such thing even exist, it would be nice if someone could post it if they know about it.

And I've even seen "facts" that would have it that Barcelona already have sold enough neymar kits to cover neymars price tag. I doubt that those kits alone have earned the club 57 mill euros more than the amount that would have been sold if we had not signed neymar.

Last edited:

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
The away kit is a giant sucess. Deal with it.

What's your problem?

I like the new kits, both of them. But boards say shit like this ALL the time, just to make themselves look better. Also, recouping a full transfer fee with just shirt sales is ludicrous. You might be able to do it in 5 years or so, but clubs usually don't make insane amounts on kits. But the best thing about kits is that they are just walking ads for the club and companies involved. That's why clubs love selling kits, not the fact they would make 100 dollar per kit, because they don't.

ShandyFFM

Guess its no option to keep those numbers from the Gamper. Problem is this was only a one time thing and those kit are going to be sold on ebay for charity. Although i guess Barca would have trouble with some sponsors like EA Games who are using the current Numbers for the new Kits.

Stric

What's your problem?

I like the new kits, both of them. But boards say shit like this ALL the time, just to make themselves look better. Also, recouping a full transfer fee with just shirt sales is ludicrous. You might be able to do it in 5 years or so, but clubs usually don't make insane amounts on kits. But the best thing about kits is that they are just walking ads for the club and companies involved. That's why clubs love selling kits, not the fact they would make 100 dollar per kit, because they don't.

Good points. If a shirt is sold, the money it was sold for is split many ways. The manufacturer, the club, the player (if it has a player's name on it) and then all the other companies that come in between of the shirt being manufactured and the shirt being sold to a person - the importers, the distributors, the retailers, etc. Not to mention that within every of these elements along the way, the money is again split between sub-groups. Anyway, I'd bet Nike gets the most out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans