New 2014-2015 kits

Bucky

Penya Member
When will the kits be officially announced/confirmed?

Reason I'm asking is that I'm thinking of buying this as my 'match shirt' for next season instead of the atrocities that are likely to be released.

http://store.nike.com/gb/en_gb/pd/fc-barcelona-authentic-league-polo-shirt/pid-1517449/pgid-10306881

Proper stripes, no sponsor, dead classy and on currently on offer at £27 to boot. :cheers:

Has anyone bought this?

Yup got it, it's one of my favourite tops just to wear smart casual. Great top and a steal at £27. I got it when it was £40, then low & behold about a month or so later the thing went on sale.

Biting my nails at when the FCBotiga swap out this seasons kit for next; going towards the end of May all being well so really hope they haven't got the new kits in stock instead.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
You should be OK. Doubt they would get rid of all the current seasons kits before the end of the season.

QuickyLFC

Decided what I'm going for! Going for the authentic shirt with Messi 10! :messi:

Thought as it'll probably be my only time to see who I see as the best player ever, I may as well get the best I can and keep it as sentiment!

Can't wait! :neymar:

L

linetty

Possible pre-match shirt for next season

CBayrfHU0AAQ9BR.jpg

CBayrw2UYAAh_5z.jpg

slvtn

We are in a top club status already, so there's no need to lose parts of identity. The board should realize this, too and don't change stripes and of course don't renew the Qatar sponsoship.

QuickyLFC

Yup got it, it's one of my favourite tops just to wear smart casual. Great top and a steal at £27. I got it when it was £40, then low & behold about a month or so later the thing went on sale.

Biting my nails at when the FCBotiga swap out this seasons kit for next; going towards the end of May all being well so really hope they haven't got the new kits in stock instead.

What's the quality like? Is it comfortable?

QuickyLFC

We are in a top club status already, so there's no need to lose parts of identity. The board should realize this, too and don't change stripes and of course don't renew the Qatar sponsoship.

Maybe Nike are putting pressure on the board to change because surely there's only so many ways you can change a kit whilst having stripes, such as Southampton, they were always stripes, went to all red with white accents for 2 seasons and are now back to stripes, just to change it up a bit

Bucky

Penya Member
What's the quality like? Is it comfortable?

Of the polo shirt? Really good quality and very comfortable, doesn't feel "cheap" like some polo shirts.

/

Like the back of the new pre match shirt but agree, the beko logo ruins it. Shame they don't follow up a design on the front.

pacp_96

Of the polo shirt? Really good quality and very comfortable, doesn't feel "cheap" like some polo shirts.

/

Like the back of the new pre match shirt but agree, the beko logo ruins it. Shame they don't follow up a design on the front.

What are the sleeves like on the polo shirt? I have a different Barca polo shirt and the sleeves kind of pinch in at the end. Is it the same on this one?

Bucky

Penya Member
What are the sleeves like on the polo shirt? I have a different Barca polo shirt and the sleeves kind of pinch in at the end. Is it the same on this one?

I have both that one and a navy blue polo with the FCB badge on the left sleeve.

On the Blaugrana striped polo the sleeves are fairly short but sit well around the arm. The "cuff" of the sleeve is quite thin, but don't think it pinched, not really too sure what you mean by it pinches in; do you mean the stitch on the under side of the cuff?

The navy polo shirt has a thicker cuff and again sits comfortably around the arm.

pacp_96

I have both that one and a navy blue polo with the FCB badge on the left sleeve.

On the Blaugrana striped polo the sleeves are fairly short but sit well around the arm. The "cuff" of the sleeve is quite thin, but don't think it pinched, not really too sure what you mean by it pinches in; do you mean the stitch on the under side of the cuff?

The navy polo shirt has a thicker cuff and again sits comfortably around the arm.

Hard to explain it but a way to describe it would be that it scrunches in. The sleeves are quite short (even for a short sleeve polo) and once you get to the bottom of the sleeve it is almost like a glove around my arm. Sorry if I didn't explain it that well :)

Bucky

Penya Member
So basically it's tight? Or does what those weird shirts at Burton & River Island were doing last summer, a new trend of shirt that had the cuffs rolled up and then a pinch pinned up towards the shoulder (not all the way though).

Bucky

Penya Member
Gotcha, that is a concern I think for me that when my arms get bigger I won't fit into it, the navy polo seems to be more stretchy around the arms. Nike's sizing is really all over the place. The navy polo may have that room on the sleeves but chest feels slimmer fit even though both are large, yet the Blaugrana polo has tighter sleeves but a looser fitting chest.

The FCB logo on the authentic jersey is embroidered and a tad bigger in size compared to the FCB logo on the replica jersey which is "bevo" (borrowing terms from my other hobby, Third Reich militaria :lol:) and it is slightly smaller.

Ah thought it was embroidered but didn't know if that was the correct meaning lol :D Cheers for that.

Home of Barca Fans