New 2014-2015 kits

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Is it much different to the replica? The Nike site makes it look almost different colours!

In a nutshell: Different fabric (I actually felt the 14/15 replica fabric is softer and better than the shinny fabric they use on the authentic jersey ), different cut (authentic is slimmer cut whereas replica is baggier), and the authentic jersey has laser-cut ventilation holes on the side panels.

Bucky

Penya Member
I don't like the colours, it looks bland & uninspiring. The kits are worse year by year.

This year's home kit without sponsors is what I'll be looking out for.

You could get the futsal one I believe it is, virtually identical, no sponsor on the front but something different on the sleeve. Can't remember what.

So the way this thread has gone, it almost seems off topic. I'm off to Barca for the Valencia game, and I need a shirt ;)

Trying to choose between the authentic and replica, what do you guys advise? Is it worth £30 extra for a thinner material and all?

Like Luftstalag said, depends what you think you'll prefer. If you want the player experience then the MATCH kit is what you want. I have the STADIUM (replica) kit and it's a thicker material and looks just as good, cheaper and yeah, does the job.

When I go back to Barcelona at the end of May (hopefully catch the CdR final)/June then I'm hoping to pick up the MATCH home kit too.

*just seen the posts on this page, if it helps I know what you mean on the Nike site, but having seen it in person at the FCBotiga & being worn, colours are identical. Again, I'll only echo what Luft says, it's fabric - match kit is more "breathable" with vents etc

The only real difference you'll see other than a thinner material, is the side bottom of the shirt is different (minor) and the major difference is the the badge is stitched (don't know technical terms) where as the stadium (replica) is machine? (it's flat).

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The only real difference you'll see other than a thinner material, is the side bottom of the shirt is different (minor) and the major difference is the the badge is stitched (don't know technical terms) where as the stadium (replica) is machine? (it's flat).

The FCB logo on the authentic jersey is embroidered and a tad bigger in size compared to the FCB logo on the replica jersey which is "bevo" (borrowing terms from my other hobby, Third Reich militaria :lol:) and it is slightly smaller.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
When will the kits be officially announced/confirmed?

Reason I'm asking is that I'm thinking of buying this as my 'match shirt' for next season instead of the atrocities that are likely to be released.

http://store.nike.com/gb/en_gb/pd/fc-barcelona-authentic-league-polo-shirt/pid-1517449/pgid-10306881

Proper stripes, no sponsor, dead classy and on currently on offer at £27 to boot. :cheers:

Has anyone bought this?

In about two months, toward the end of May.

I'd say go for this polo shirt, the style will be never out of date. :)

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
In about two months, toward the end of May.

I'd say go for this polo shirt, the style will be never out of date. :)

Yeah I was thinking the same. No chance that I will buy those kits so I may as well just go for the polo while its on offer. Cheers Luft :cheers:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Lol people really do detest change.

lol.

I doubt you and most PSG fans will like it if the Qataris piss all over the club's history. Should change the name from Paris-Saint Germain to Doha-Saint Germain :VdB:

lol.

I doubt you and most PSG fans will like it if the Qataris piss all over the club's history. Should change the name from Paris-Saint Germain to Doha-Saint Germain :VdB:

They kinda did. Changed the logo,enhanced PARIS over SAINT-GERMAIN, and the Leproux plan right before the Qatari took over hit the Ultras hard. Good riddance, btw.
PSG went through major changes and did lose parts of its identity, but gained top club status. The traditional kit design was a little changed too but nothing comparable to ours.

F

Flavia

They kinda did. Changed the logo,enhanced PARIS over SAINT-GERMAIN, and the Leproux plan right before the Qatari took over hit the Ultras hard. Good riddance, btw.
PSG went through major changes and did lose parts of its identity, but gained top club status. The traditional kit design was a little changed too but nothing comparable to ours.

They are a very young club, compared to Barça. Created in 1970. One can say their identity was still being solidified when the changes came. The vertical strips is in our crest, changing 116 years of history is really sad to see.

I am 200% against the barça kit changes and would support getting rid of the main sponsor as well if the current or future board wanted to go there.

Despite being a young club, PSG had a solid, established history and identity. Parts of it were lost since QSI took over, but they did get a sugar daddy in return.

Home of Barca Fans