Neymar Jr. - v5

dakt

Hazard spent an entire season sucking and sulking, what a great leader he is, right?

Sane is more like a traditional winger, and wouldn't do so great for us.

Well Hazard is on his way to be pronounced the best player in EPL. Not a small thing. Probably will end up in white shirts too.

F

FlaFCB

I bet Lucho is happy, because now he can get more rest for the CdR final in May!

It's shit like this Neymar gets slated for. If you want to become a leader or the best in the future, you need to control your emotions, and he's failed in that aspect for Brazil and failed tonight for Barca.

People should drop this expectation of him becoming a leader and such. I don't see it happening. Not for Brazil or Barça. He'll always need level headed players around him. He's like Alba, albeit a bit more controlled.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Well Hazard is on his way to be pronounced the best player in EPL. Not a small thing. Probably will end up in white shirts too.

He was chosen as the best two seasons ago too, but he's even more inconsistent and less of a leader than Neymar. De Bruyne the one who takes responsibility for Belgium just to use an example.

I think he'll stay in Chelsea. Can't see Abramovich selling him, but you never know I guess. I hope at least we improve our midfield and bench properly and dump all the passengers in our team, that's all we need really.

Signing-wise, we've sucked and missed out a lot the last few years. Without Messi, we wouldn't have been close to in the position we're in right now. Heck some players like Neymar and Suarez joined the club because of the little guy.

Hazard is not exactly spotless either I admit but who hasn't turned against Mourinho in his recent clubs. Mourinho has made the environment quite toxic in recent times and he is also doing a good job at singling out players at Man utd now. Hazard deals with physicality and fouls better during a game than Neymar does. Hazard doesn't prance or pout like a primadonna when fouled and I think that's a testament of one's character as well. I'm no EPL fanboy but if Neymar doesn't like the challenges in La liga one wonders how he will deal with a more robust league. If Neymar didn't have that amazing performance in the second leg against PSG he would be getting criticized more. He hasn't had a great season.

Neymar is the most fouled player in the top leagues in Europe I think. Considering how he still runs all game and hasn't gotten sent off until now, I'd say he deals with physicality well enough. Although he's obviously hot-headed too.

Last edited:

hellsangel1

People should drop this expectation of him becoming a leader and such. I don't see it happening. Not for Brazil or Barça. He'll always need level headed players around him. He's like Alba, albeit a bit more controlled.

Maybe not leadership but more maturity should be shown if he wants to be considered a superstar player or worthy of comparison with legends.

hellsangel1

Neymar is the most fouled player in the top leagues in Europe I think. Considering how he still runs all game and hasn't gotten sent off until now, I'd say he deals with physicality well enough. Although he's obviously hot-headed too.
Neymar holds on to the ball too long and gets brushed off the ball easily.That's one of the reasons why he gets fouled more than others.He gets calls in La liga which he wouldn't get in EPL. If he gets hot blooded here in Spain I'm not really sure what his mental state will be like in England. Hazard deals with physicality on a more regular basis and deals with it better than Neymar.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Neymar holds on to the ball too long and gets brushed off the ball easily.That's one of the reasons why he gets fouled more than others.He gets calls in La liga which he wouldn't get in EPL. If he gets hot blooded here in Spain I'm not really sure what his mental state will be like in England. Hazard deals with physicality on a more regular basis and deals with it better than Neymar.

Spanish referees are hardly lenient.

He's the most fouled player in the Champions League too.

Besides, it's not like Hazard's physicality has helped him perform better or be more clutch than Neymar. The guy's record in the CL and performances for Belgium is pitiful.

hellsangel1

Maturity isn't needed for any of that. See cr for that.

Lol that is the first person that I thought of as well when I wrote the post because he doesn't seem all that mature. Cristiano actually has used his narcissism to drive him to score an astronomical amount of goals and win some things in his career as a result as well. I don't see him hurting his team by getting sent off in a crucial game. Most of these athletes are not the smartest people in the world but you have to have a 'street smartness' about you during a game which the great players have. They are far more likely to get an opposition player sent off (sometimes by any means necessary) than get a red card themselves.

hellsangel1

Spanish referees are hardly lenient.

He's the most fouled player in the Champions League too.

Besides, it's not like Hazard's physicality has helped him perform better or be more clutch than Neymar. The guy's record in the CL and performances for Belgium is pitiful.
I actually hate the pompousness and arrogance of the EPL pundits and sports reporters but Spanish refs are far more lenient than the English. Hazard has played under more defensive managers in Chelsea whereas Neymar has played alongside the best attacking talent of this generation.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Maturity isn't needed for any of that. See cr for that.

CR's plenty immature, but he hasn't actively hurt the success of his team via that sort of thing. Neymar's done stupid stuff before, but this time he's weakened us in a very uphill battle to try to save the league. Suarez himself has a history of this type of indiscretion with his biting, which really hurt the teams he played for. Actions have consequences and losing your cool like this can potentially fuck up silverware for your team, it can't be dismissed and Neymar must not allow himself to succumb to it again.

F

FlaFCB

Lol that is the first person that I thought of as well when I wrote the post because he doesn't seem all that mature. Cristiano actually has used his narcissism to drive him to score an astronomical amount of goals and win some things in his career as a result as well. I don't see him hurting his team by getting sent off in a crucial game. Most of these athletes are not the smartest people in the world but you have to have a 'street smartness' about you during a game which the great players have. They are far more likely to get an opposition player sent off (sometimes by any means necessary) than get a red card themselves.

CR's plenty immature, but he hasn't actively hurt the success of his team via that sort of thing. Neymar's done stupid stuff before, but this time he's weakened us in a very uphill battle to try to save the league. Suarez himself has a history of this type of indiscretion with his biting, which really hurt the teams he played for. Actions have consequences and losing your cool like this can potentially fuck up silverware for your team, it can't be dismissed and Neymar must not allow himself to succumb to it again.

cr insulted the ref to his face today, in the derby. He punches and kicks players at will too. Nothing happens to him, he can do as he pleases, because he wears white. That's the difference. If Neymar behaved like he does, he'd have at least 10 reds this season.

FinBarcelonafan

cr insulted the ref to his face today, in the derby. He punches and kicks players at will too. Nothing happens to him, he can do as he pleases, because he wears white. That's the difference. If Neymar behaved like he does, he'd have at least 10 reds this season.

Exactly. One season Ronaldo was mad and tackled and kicked everyone, but got no cards for it. It's bulslhit. Referees are garbage in Spain, everyone knows that.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Well, he evened out his credit, showed up for CL and disappeared from La Liga...

So much for being the best player in the world, hahaha...

(Half joke, half truth, don't take it too seriously)

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans