Neymar Jr. - v5

Windhook

I don't see this deal as the Figo saga, but more like the the Ronaldo (the original) case all over again - the guy left for Inter in 1997 for record fee. I'm not gutted at all, I see today as a great day for F.C. Barcelona. I wish Neymar all the best because there is a shitstorm coming his way all thanks to his Balon d'Or ego and agent father.:lol:

Devils

[tw]892808335052943363[/tw]

PSG’s approximate spending on Neymar: 55M per year, 30M after tax, 36M in signing bonuses and 300M for the clause and taxes = €611M.

Surreal numbers.

These are outrageous numbers, even for the already outrageous financial climate in football.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
He left for money and power. This is pretty evident. All this "he needs to get off Messi's shadow" and "he wanted a team of his own" is sugar coating the real fact that Neymar left because he's motivated by making money (because of his father) and by having player power, something he'll have far more at PSG than he will ever have at Barca.

springfield

When someone good leaves the club, he's a traitor. When someone average leaves the club everyone is ok with it. Logic.

It's his choice. He's free to do whatever he wants with his life. He didn't join a direct rival like RM. Just accept it people. Barcelona continues as a club. Players come and go all the time.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Absolute power corrupts absolutely

At PSG, Neymar will be untouchable. He'll be bigger than their club and have a part in everything they do, signings, coaches, going off to party with his sister in Brazil, etc.

Looking forward to see how he does when he doesn't have people assigned to him to protect him from that shit, or have senior players who would put him down when necessary, as it was here in Barca.

Sneer

Banned
He left for money and power. This is pretty evident. All this "he needs to get off Messi's shadow" and "he wanted a team of his own" is sugar coating the real fact that Neymar left because he's motivated by making money (because of his father) and by having player power, something he'll have far more at PSG than he will ever have at Barca.

You are contradicting yourself there.

Neymessi

He left for the money.

He would never have joined barca in the first place if that was the case. Real were giving him a lot more but he wanted to be with us and he came here by even going against his father and agents wishes.

Richard.H

Absolute power corrupts absolutely

At PSG, Neymar will be untouchable. He'll be bigger than their club and have a part in everything they do, signings, coaches, going off to party with his sister in Brazil, etc.

Looking forward to see how he does when he doesn't have people assigned to him to protect him from that shit, or have senior players who would put him down when necessary, as it was here in Barca.

Been thinking about that. He could party lavishly every week in Paris. Who is there to stop him? Emery? Thiago Silva? :lol:

He is definitely going to be untouchable and I'm not sure he has the proper work ethic to be given that much freedom. Only time will tell.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
When someone good leaves the club, he's a traitor. When someone average leaves the club everyone is ok with it. Logic.

It's his choice. He's free to do whatever he wants with his life. He didn't join a direct rival like RM. Just accept it people. Barcelona continues as a club. Players come and go all the time.

It's been repeated a million times.

It's not that he left, it's the WAY HE LEFT.

Had Neymar told Barca in June that he and his father were planning to leave, and that he would pay his buyout early July, then it would have given the club a lot of time to sign players without other teams knowing we have 222m in the bank to fleece us.

He's left now, 2nd of August. With some teams' season starting this weekend, and others' within the next couple of weeks. Now we'll not only get fleeced, but teams might reject the money because they would have no time to find a replacement.

Last edited:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
You are contradicting yourself there.

There is no contradiction. Player power is not the same thing as wanting to make a name for himself and wanting to lead your own project. Neymar wants the power to satisfy his whims and caprices but has zero interest in the responsibility and difficulty leading his own team comes with.

fergus90

The pressure for him to perform due to his pricetag and wages etc will be immense. The only time I've seen real leadership in Neymar at Barca was the 2 month period when Messi was out in 15/16 where admittedly he was unbelievable and the PSG return leg. Even under Enrique's disastrous last season we ran Madrid close to the title and got knocked out by eventual finalists. I'm not sugar coating anything, just tactically we were out thought in almost every big game, we still have incredible players who know how to win. We won countless titles with Pedro as part of the trident, by no means " a superstar" or shirt-seller but he's technically a very good player who brought balance. A superstar name isn't necessary for shirt sales to replace Neymar and I think this could actually be a blessing in disguise to bring that balance again. The only thing that worries me is trusting the current board to make the appropriate replacement.

Home of Barca Fans