Neymar Jr. - v5

Jadentheman

The sad part is three years from now when he's declined, we're all gonna go on Youtube and play back the highlight reels from Barcelona and be like how it would have been had he stayed, I mean who willingly leaves Barcelona for a lesser team? Usually star plays get kicked by Barca to the curb for that not the other way around.

aaron101

The sad part is three years from now when he's declined, we're all gonna go on Youtube and play back the highlight reels from Barcelona and be like how it would have been had he stayed, I mean who willingly leaves Barcelona for a lesser team? Usually star plays get kicked by Barca to the curb for that not the other way around.

Yeah, such a shame. even Ronaldinho would have wished he stayed longer here.

KingLeo10

we'll cherish the good of his time here but it isn't like we are losing a colossal player. messi had 4 ballon d'or by the time he was 25. cristiano had 1 and was by head and shoulders, the second best player in the world. neymar's achievements at 25.5 years are lacking compared to all time greats.

bastardo

Comparing Ballon d'or is so stupid imo. Messi had to compete with ageing Kaka, Ronaldinho etc. Neymar had to compete with Messi in his prime.

Hate on Neymar all you want for his POS dad but don't try to deny his accomplishments.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Comparing Ballon d'or is so stupid imo. Messi had to compete with ageing Kaka, Ronaldinho etc. Neymar had to compete with Messi in his prime.

Hate on Neymar all you want for his POS dad but don't try to deny his accomplishments.

you're bringing down Messi's accomplishments in this case though.

KingLeo10

messi won his ballon d'ors against prime CR7, xavi, and iniesta. :messi:

bastardo

you're bringing down Messi's accomplishments in this case though.

People were already doing that though when they're criticising Neymar for not winning a ballon d'or against prime Messi. So either they admit Neymar is in Messi's tier or they're bringing down Messi's accomplishments.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
People were already doing that though when they're criticising Neymar for not winning a ballon d'or against prime Messi. So either they admit Neymar is in Messi's tier or they're bringing down Messi's accomplishments.

Nobody should have expected Ney to win a Balon while Messi is in his prime and uninjured. That's unreasonable. Especially when he's not the talisman here.

God Serena

Not even a little bothered he's gone. In reality I think we'll do just fine without him, even if we don't manage to sign a player of his quality as a replacement. I mean, let's sit down and think about what Neymar really brought us?

-La Liga. We won La Liga plenty of times without Neymar. The season before he joined we moonwalked to the title and were in first from the very first week of the season.
-Copa Del Rey. We still can win such a competition without Neymar and have done so numerous times.
-Champions League. Neymar was very rarely able to make a difference in this competition. Had very few standout games in this competition and was usually just as lost and confused as everyone else when we crashed out of the CL in the quarters- something that happened in 3 of the 4 seasons he was here.

If Valverde is able to integrate his plans into the team in a manner that is effective it won't matter if we have Neymar there. Adding Coutinho and/or Dembele will actually make us a better team than we were with Neymar anyways. I saw a gif on twitter of Neymar dribbling against Madrid in our latest friendly and everyone was fawning over how good he is, but he never actually beat his man :lol:. BBZ has been saying this stuff since the beginning.

Home of Barca Fans