Neymar Jr. - v5

Neymessi

How much money have Barca spent on him and his family the years he was here? Probably more than on any footballer in the World during that time period.

Getting dragged through courts, name dragged through dirt, club admitting guilt in a tax case....

In hindsight, how good have this transfer actually been for Barca?

Tough to say, because we don't know how barca would have been without neymar.

If I remove the part about the legal troubles we have gone through and get our name tarnished then he has definitely been worth the 100 mil in his 4 seasons specially when he was sold for an astronomical figure. But with all of that included, its tough to say. I don't think we would have been that great without neymar. The messidependencia was prominent as fuck before neymar and suarez. Neymar consistently either scored or assisted and created chances that usually would all fall on messi's shoulder to execute. I am inclined to believe we did gain even after all that shit. He made the game fun to watch and left us with many memories and trophies in that period.

His dad is an idiot and neymar shouldn't have listened to him just like he didn't when he came here. If neymar was a normal player with not such a fucked up dad he would be doing so fine. Can't believe that joke of a neymar sr was able to fraud us of so many millions and we allowed it to happen. I am only mad at neymar for surrenderring to his dad. I don't think he was a greedy person at all. His dad on the other hand. I will feel ecstasy like nothing else if his dad goes to jail for fraud and other stuff.

Batistuta9

Comparing Ballon d'or is so stupid imo. Messi had to compete with ageing Kaka, Ronaldinho etc. Neymar had to compete with Messi in his prime.

Hate on Neymar all you want for his POS dad but don't try to deny his accomplishments.

Forget ageing kaka, ronaldinho. The years messi won his ballon dors nobody in the history of football could have stopped him from winning them, except for maybe prime R9.

RMU ReBorn

Not supporting what he said.
But how about the other way round?
Stop asking Neymar to become more of a service boy to Messi, instead play his own game (Lucho's fault).
But then again, what if no one asked Neymar to do so, and he only did because he was too scared of Messi?
Had Neymar converted all the chances Messi created last season or rather spoonfed to him , he would have ended up with 25+ goals and Messi would end up with 20+ assists . Try a better a victim card number

Arkk

Neymar scared of Messi :lol: cmon now, Messi was practically giving him penalties to bolster his shit numbers. remember the draught?

anyways he's not breaking the Ballon d'or domination between Messi and Ronaldo unless he wins brazil the world cup. Ligue 1 doesn't hold much weight so its CL or bust for club football. it's not because hes a bad player, hes another unfortunate to be playing in the Messi era. his time could come as Messi 'declines' although im sure he will reinvent himself at that stage but i think in 2-3 years Mbappe and Dembele will be coming for his ass aswell.

Yannik

Forget ageing kaka, ronaldinho. The years messi won his ballon dors nobody in the history of football could have stopped him from winning them, except for maybe prime R9.

Ballon D'Or is mainly decided on trophies as we can see nowadays. If a serious contender wins the CL (or/and World Cup) and kind of has some status going with him already, then he'd beat both of Messi and Ronaldo for the trophy.
This is why I can see Neymar winning it, if he ever manages to win the CL with PSG.

Batistuta9

Ballon D'Or is mainly decided on trophies as we can see nowadays. If a serious contender wins the CL (or/and World Cup) and kind of has some status going with him already, then he'd beat both of Messi and Ronaldo for the trophy.
This is why I can see Neymar winning it, if he ever manages to win the CL with PSG.

I agree with what you are saying. Neymar does have a chance, but only because even though he is still the best he isn't prime messi. During 2009-2013 messi was so good, that having in your teams increased your chances of winning CL by 50%. The truth is we should have won the CL every year pep was with us. We were clearly the best. Bad luck against inter and chelsea cost us.

booge

I think Neymars relationship with Messi is very strong. They will always be true friends. It was like that before they played on the same team and will continue after.
I think it was for the money as the thread title suggests. £670 grand a week. Jesus.

Neymessi

Ribery couldn't win it after a treble and lost it to cr7 who won 0 that year.

Its not about trophies or anything. Imo, its only who plays better between messi and cr7. Ribery didn't even get the second place back then.

But I get what you are trying to say.

Kuchi

Well, still a big blow to our team, but what can you do...Ney deserves credit for his contribution and moments, everyone can remember those occasions (not few btw.) when he raised the roof, despite not necessarily scoring...

Yea, it sucks, yea he should have handled this way better, but...sad to see him leave, thanks and good luck..

Yannik

Ribery couldn't win it after a treble and lost it to cr7 who won 0 that year.

Its not about trophies or anything. Imo, its only who plays better between messi and cr7. Ribery didn't even get the second place back then.

But I get what you are trying to say.

This is why I said "serious contender". Because none of the players that Messi and Ronaldo have competed with in the past years (Ribery, Neuer, Sneijder, Iniesta) have lobbyism going for them.
Ribery is not the same bracket as Kaka, Ronaldinho, Neymar or anyone for that matter in terms of marketability. The guy's face basically looks like a car crash (and I mean it actually IS from a car crash), he doesn't have followers in his own country because people there think he's a thug. And he doesn't have a followership anywhere else either. He also comes from a team that got stigmatized as a "complete machine", which was constantly used against him to diminish his individual impact by stating that "anyone on that team deserved it just as much" while Messi and Ronaldo, are seen as saviors and demi gods that carry teams singlehandedly.

There's a really primitive thought process behind these mechanics, and it also kinda favours South Americans because they are more "individual players" and are often romantically labelled as iconic heros that give the nation hope, whereas the Europeans have the more boring stereotype going on being synergetic and they are usually referred to as parts of great collectives. That's marketability then. If Kaka, Ronaldinho, Messi and Ronaldo were all at their peak and competing for the Ballon D'or then the winner would be determined by whoever wins the CL (given that they play for different teams then).

Ballon D'Or is absolute about winning trophies. Or do you really think Ronaldo is a better footballer than Messi?

Last edited:

michelco

So Santos is pissed (again) with Neymar Sr as the latter claims the Santos will not see a single cent from the transfer. A normal sale would grant Santos a solidarity fee of 4% but Neymar Sr claims this is a termination and not a sale and thus Santos cannot claim the solidarity fee. Santos' lawyer claims otherwise. The greed is strong with this one

Home of Barca Fans