Neymar Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donatello

Griezmann was a sure thing, Neymar was and is not.

I know, but why was he an absolute priority?

If the board had Neymar in mind wouldn't it had been better to sign someone who can be more versatile. We could have pursued Felix and Havertz, and even if we failed in signing Neymar, they could've filled the vacant role.

Not to mention there might be a slight chamce Griezmann would've been still available.

Getting Griezmann that early despite knowing Neymar might come is stupid. Especially when Griezmann himself has no set place in mind.

And, now that we have got Griezmann there should be no Neymar case, as there's no way we can play Messi, Suarez, Neymar, Griezmann and Dembele together.

Last edited:

Porque

2014 Atletico 1:0: Busi, Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, Neymar, Messi
2016 Atletico 2:0: Msn, Busi, Iniesta
2017 Psg 4:0, Juve 3:0: Busi, Iniesta, MSN

Neymar and Messi already played together in Atletico 1:0, 2:0, Psg 4:0, Juve 3:0.

Why do you think that it will be different this time?
In fact, they are way older and less motivated.

Yeah, but back then we didn't have Dembele to bring off the bench.

:lol:

CatalinR10

All of these fake news going around about him coming back , LMAO . I didn't buy it 2 months ago and won't buy it now. Can't believe people are so easy to trick.

giphy.gif

SAD

Donatello

All of these fake news going around about him coming back , LMAO . I didn't buy it 2 months ago and won't buy it now. Can't believe people are so easy to trick.

giphy.gif

SAD

From what I can understand, the news do have some weight.

Everyone in Barcelona never denies, and always vaguely affirm somehow.

What's more baffling is Neymar was offered to many top clubs but each of them denied.

Imagine the scenes if he gets injured next season. We would have a player with diva attitude on massive wage and with no takers.

I don't hate Neymar. But considering the circumstances and risk/reward ratio, we'd be better off without him.

BBZ8800

instead of criticizing how about you offer any ideas?

Play 433 with 3 midfielders and 3 attackers and not care which 2 out of Messi, Suarez, Neymar, Griezmann, Dembele is on the bench.
That is Uncle Barto's job.
Not ours, if we were hypotethical coaches.

I would rather have sad Neymar and Dembele than ruining a whole team.

Team>a fucking Neymar.

BBZ8800

Playing all four of them means somebody needs to adapt/change. Maybe Griezmann could become the third midfielder with Frenkie + somebody, but I doubt we'll see anything innovative with Valverde.

Btw, we see that Barto and MD knew about Neymar for Months.

1. We could speculate now that we gave up from De Ligt so that we could get Neymar (remember, Neymar told to Psg and Barto that he wants to leave even before Copa America)
2. Malcom is sold, Cou is on a verge of leaving, Prinze left.
That is 3 attackers out, only 1 in for now.
3. Roberto will be a new midfielder because Raki will be a part of Neymar's deal or sold so that we could get a mighty savior Neyclown.
Roberto will be a Raki No2 for EV.
4. For the end, remember words from some boards members after Griezz came: we belive that he can play as a midfielder.
Why would anyone sane say that?
Now we know:
Busi/Frenkie-Arthur/Frenkie/Roberto/Vidal-Griezmann plus MSN in attack.
Or, as you said: Messi-Ney plus Griezz from time to time.

Dembele will ride the bench, unless if Neymar gets injured (quite likely) again.

Btw, some reports said that Neymar had problems on the first training this season with a foot where he had 2 metatarsal injuries in the last seasons.

So, as someone said, Neymar and Dembele will probably both be injured for half of the season.
Maybe we won't have any of them.

So, we probably won't need to play crazy lineups at all.

Judoman

I know, but why was he an absolute priority?

If the board had Neymar in mind wouldn't it had been better to sign someone who can be more versatile. We could have pursued Felix and Havertz, and even if we failed in signing Neymar, they could've filled the vacant role.

Not to mention there might be a slight chamce Griezmann would've been still available.

Getting Griezmann that early despite knowing Neymar might come is stupid. Especially when Griezmann himself has no set place in mind.

And, now that we have got Griezmann there should be no Neymar case, as there's no way we can play Messi, Suarez, Neymar, Griezmann and Dembele together.

Remember Verratti? Thiago Silva? Neymar in PSG is anything but a sure thing. By the looks of it, the board finally learned something.

Currently there are very few forwards who are talented enough for Barca and are at the same time available. I don t even have any clear candidates in mind. I m not a huge fan of "Griezmann in current barca with Valverde", but he was the best option by far.
If he didn t signed for us, that would made us desperate and vulnerable. God know what the board would do in that state. With Griezmann signed, if we don t get Neymar, that s ok. In fact, i hope we dont. That s my ideal scenario. Felix is not as sure thing as Griezmann is and he costs about the same. The board played this safe, with the option of getting a bonus (Neymar). They can always sell somebody latter if there is a surplus of players.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Not sure what would be worse. Neymar joining Barca or Real Madrid. It's a tough one.

For me it is easy, him joining us would be much worse. I will spare you the reasons as I have laid them out so many times before. Just think, him joining Real Madrid will mean limited game time for their youngsters and some other transfers such as Hazard and essentially nullifying some of their signings. And if joins Real Madrid, chances of Mbappe going there will decrease in my opinion.

I think this is just a baseless rumor by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans