Neymar Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBZ8800

BBZ I agree but you have to admit that if there is chance to swap Dembele for Neymar it should be done. I was and still am aginst Neymar transfer but as you said yourself there is no chance Demebele can reach his potential with being dumb as fuck so if we can somehow include him in Neymar deal I would go for it. I wouldn't do it for 170mil + Dembele though! That's way too much!

Well, you know that majority of you always look at things from the brighter point of you, like: what if makes it, what if he changes, what if he will play like in 2015?

Me, on the other hand, I am always starting with pessimistic and cautious views.

So, any guy from this forum can reply:
1. We sign an obligatory buy for a summer of 2020.
We pay 170m fee and sign him for 5 years with 40m net wages and 80m gross wages.

And in October, after another tackle, his metatarsal bone breaks again and let's say that he is off forever or let's say for 2 years.
When he returns, he will be the next Vermaelen, Gabriel Milito or Puyol from his last 3 years: injury after injury.

What will you do then?
We will sign him on a 5 years deal worth 170+400=570m Euros.
What if his 2 or 3 times injured foot is done and if we throw away 570 m Euros?

You can't fire him after 2 years.
You can't lower his wages.
No one will buy him.
He won't leave for free.

What will you do?
Some will reply: it can happen to any player.
Well, Suarez, Busi or Raki were never injured. It is unlikely that they will get a career ending injury in the next 2 Months.
On the other hand: Rafinha, Neymar, Vermaelen... would you bet on their health?

2. Question no2: During Neymar, and during coaches Tata and Lucho, we played football without too much similarities to Crujff's football.
Tata's football was a mess.
And Lucho's football was=skipping a midfield and pass the ball to MSN as fast as possible.

People used to said: we did that because our midfield was crap.
But what if=that is the only way to play when you have Neymar?
What if he will drop deep on the left flank to get the ball, as always?
Alba will be dead. He was always bad in attack when Ney was there.
Frenkie plays on the left. What if Neymar will kill him with his constant stupid soloactions and dribbling through 5 players all the time?
What if this means that our midfield will be dead and we will be skipping it again so that Neyclown could be a creative boss?

And please, DON'T reply: well, we can fix it etc.
It seems as if people here have a collective amnesia.
You forgot how shit Neymar was in the last 18 Months here.
Dropping deep to get the ball.
No passing to anyone.
Killing every attacking move by himself.
Ball hogging.
His famous dribbling backwards.
Horrible end product.
Our midfield didn't have any purpose when he was here.
Messi was less involved and weaker individual numbers when Neymar is ruining 20 actions per match.

Now, just imagine December of 2019 and we are realizing: fuuuck. Our midfield is shit again with Neymar. We are skipping the midfield. Nexmar is dropping deep. Griezmann is dropping deep. Messi is dropping deep. Our midfield are 3 babysitters are everything evolves around an individual magic of MNG.

You know that moment when you realize that something is not clicking well and it cannot be fixed?
Like Dembele and Barca in this moment?

Imagine if something like this happens in 3 Months with Neymar, and we are tied in a 5 years 570m deal with him?
And that scenario is far from being totally unlikely, if you remember how he played here in the last 18 months and how he plays as a CM-CAM-left midfielder playmaker with a free role at PSG and Brasil.

Now, what if he will play like this in every match:

Dropping deep?
Dribbling past 5 players in every single opportunity?
66% of his actions ending as a solo effort and lost ball?
What will you do with De Jong and midfield in that case?
He played EXACTLY like this after 2015 for us.
And please don't reply: he has to play this way because our midfield sucks.
What if he plays that way BECAUSE these are his natural instincts regardless of a midfield and a coach?

Now, are you looking forward to watch these solo actions through 5 defenders 20 times per match, being fouled in 15 out of those 20 cases and lying on the ground and arguing for 10 minutes per match.

Now, AHT IF this will happen and he is tied with us for the next 5 years on 80m gross wages?
How will you solve that problem?
With changing his patterns and habits in this age? Good luck with that.

Last edited:

kollegah

[tw]1166230237669187584[/tw]

Barca is now flying to Paris. Grau, Abidal, Bordas and Cury. At 7:30 in private flight.

-
Barca deligation seen on its way to Paris for the Neymar deal. Abidal, Grau, Bordas and Andre Cury.

https://www.ccma.cat/esport3/cimera-barca-psg-a-paris-pel-fitxatge-de-neymar/noticia/2943611/

-

It seems they'll bring the mischievous lad home.

BBZ will need some comforting with Rakitic going, Neymar coming back, Dembele staying and a skinnier than ever Arthur, as evidenced last season when he's fit and firing he delivers masterclass after masterclass.

BBZ, if you give up football altogether, watch MMA instead. Croatian American stud Stipe Miocic is probably my favourite fighter right now - he's a proper man's man hero.

damn these MoFo gang is serious, pulling up in a private jet

Raketa10

Well, you know that majority of you always look at things from the brighter point of you, like: what if makes it, what if he changes, what if he will play like in 2015?

Me, on the other hand, I am always starting with pessimistic and cautious views.

So, any guy from this forum can reply:
1. We sign an obligatory buy for a summer of 2020.
We pay 170m fee and sign him for 5 years with 40m net wages and 80m gross wages.

And in October, after another tackle, his metatarsal bone breaks again and let's say that he is off forever or let's say for 2 years.
When he returns, he will be the next Vermaelen, Gabriel Milito or Puyol from his last 3 years: injury after injury.

What will you do then?
We will sign him on a 5 years deal worth 170+400=570m Euros.
What if his 2 or 3 times injured foot is done and if we throw away 570 m Euros?

You can't fire him after 2 years.
You can't lower his wages.
No one will buy him.
He won't leave for free.

What will you do?
Some will reply: it can happen to any player.
Well, Suarez, Busi or Raki were never injured. It is unlikely that they will get a career ending injury in the next 2 Months.
On the other hand: Rafinha, Neymar, Vermaelen... would you bet on their health?

2. Question no2: During Neymar, and during coaches Tata and Lucho, we played football without too much similarities to Crujff's football.
Tata's football was a mess.
And Lucho's football was=skipping a midfield and pass the ball to MSN as fast as possible.

People used to said: we did that because our midfield was crap.
But what if=that is the only way to play when you have Neymar?
What if he will drop deep on the left flank to get the ball, as always?
Alba will be dead. He was always bad in attack when Ney was there.
Frenkie plays on the left. What if Neymar will kill him with his constant stupid soloactions and dribbling through 5 players all the time?
What if this means that our midfield will be dead and we will be skipping it again so that Neyclown could be a creative boss?

And please, DON'T reply: well, we can fix it etc.
It seems as if people here have a collective amnesia.
You forgot how shit Neymar was in the last 18 Months here.
Dropping deep to get the ball.
No passing to anyone.
Killing every attacking move by himself.
Ball hogging.
His famous dribbling backwards.
Horrible end product.
Our midfield didn't have any purpose when he was here.
Messi was less involved and weaker individual numbers when Neymar is ruining 20 actions per match.

Now, just imagine December of 2019 and we are realizing: fuuuck. Our midfield is shit again with Neymar. We are skipping the midfield. Nexmar is dropping deep. Griezmann is dropping deep. Messi is dropping deep. Our midfield are 3 babysitters are everything evolves around an individual magic of MNG.

You know that moment when you realize that something is not clicking well and it cannot be fixed?
Like Dembele and Barca in this moment?

Imagine if something like this happens in 3 Months with Neymar, and we are tied in a 5 years 570m deal with him?
And that scenario is far from being totally unlikely, if you remember how he played here in the last 18 months and how he plays as a CM-CAM-left midfielder playmaker with a free role at PSG and Brasil.

Now, what if he will play like this in every match:

Dropping deep?
Dribbling past 5 players in every single opportunity?
66% of his actions ending as a solo effort and lost ball?
What will you do with De Jong and midfield in that case?
He played EXACTLY like this after 2015 for us.
And please don't reply: he has to play this way because our midfield sucks.
What if he plays that way BECAUSE these are his natural instincts regardless of a midfield and a coach?

Now, are you looking forward to watch these solo actions through 5 defenders 20 times per match, being fouled in 15 out of those 20 cases and lying on the ground and arguing for 10 minutes per match.

Now, AHT IF this will happen and he is tied with us for the next 5 years on 80m gross wages?
How will you solve that problem?
With changing his patterns and habits in this age? Good luck with that.

I agree, you misunderstood me. I would exchange him for Dembele + some cash and I would give him much lover salary than the one you mentioned. I would also try to include Rakitic in that deal (or try to cash in on him) since it's obvious Barca wants to get rid of him. If PSG and Neymar won't accept that than I wouldn't take the risk. I am just saying if we can somehow exchange him for that dumb idiot and not stretch to much financially we should do it. If we can't than stick with Dembele for another year. No one sane would pay 170 mil to PSG and 80 mill gross to Neymar. That's crazy!!! That basically means ruining the club finances in the long run. I suppose we can all agree on that.

Last edited:

JohnN

In all honesty, I don't think we need him. We have a working team with some upcoming talents and still more star power in our tank than most other teams.
Him joining us would be short sighted as hell.

We'd better send Dembele to PSG, take 80m or so and get rid of his paycheck and frustrating presence. That would be a good deal.

Raketa10

In all honesty, I don't think we need him. We have a working team with some upcoming talents and still more star power in our tank than most other teams.
Him joining us would be short sighted as hell.

We'd better send Dembele to PSG, take 80m or so and get rid of his paycheck and frustrating presence. That would be a good deal.

We can't enter the season with only 3 forwards, no to mention two of those are over 30. If we want to sell Dembele we need to bring in someone else. So that's not happening this summer unless we buy Neymar.

clemente

He's a fucking dinosaur now, 200m for an old pacewhore that can last at best 2 seasons, even 2 seasons are impossible since Bale and Reus are more healthy than he is, this board is literally braindead, running this club to the ground.

JohnN

We can't enter the season with only 3 forwards, no to mention two of those are over 30. If we want to sell Dembele we need to bring in someone else. So that's not happening this summer unless we buy Neymar.

We still have Perez, Abel Ruiz and Fati. Also Rafinha (ok, debatable) that can cover.

DAMNit

Last year we had Coutinho and Dembele and Malcom. They were worse, weren't they?
Should we commit to Neymar's wages for so many years?

They were worse?
Seriously? Did you even have a rethink before typing that?
We are talking about WAYYYYYYY more experienced, proven players(on all levels) here.
Well, I'll give you the benefit of a doubt.
We will see what you have to say when we play them against credible HQ opposition not BETIS

Last edited:

JohnN

They were worse?
Seriously? Did you even have a rethink before typing that?
We are talking about WAYYYYYYY more experienced, proven players here.
Well, I'll give you the benefit of a doubt.
We will see what you have to say when we play them against credible HQ opposition not BETIS

I don't rate players by their market value. Coutinho was playing awful. He offered close to zero all year long.
Dembele is not more experienced. He is not more proven in any way either. What is he? Constantly injured and inconsistent.
Malcom was a good squad player. Could help in the same way Perez can.

The main 3 forwards will get most minutes anyway. That happened last year too and why shouldn't they? Are we expecting Messi, Griezmann and Suarez to be injured all the time? And the answer to that, is to bring Neymar who has been injured for the last 2 years?

Why would we play our subs against high quality opposition?
I get it. It is nice to have proven, experienced and high quality players coming of the bench. Hell, it would be great to have 6 world class forwards.
But Coutinho, Dembele and Malcom have proved nothing more than those who I mentioned.

Again, should we commit to Neymar's wages for so many years?

JPM85

I don't rate players by their market value. Coutinho was playing awful. He offered close to zero all year long.
Dembele is not more experienced. He is not more proven in any way either. What is he? Constantly injured and inconsistent.
Malcom was a good squad player. Could help in the same way Perez can.

The main 3 forwards will get most minutes anyway. That happened last year too and why shouldn't they? Are we expecting Messi, Griezmann and Suarez to be injured all the time? And the answer to that, is to bring Neymar who has been injured for the last 2 years?

Why would we play our subs against high quality opposition?
I get it. It is nice to have proven, experienced and high quality players coming of the bench. Hell, it would be great to have 6 world class forwards.
But Coutinho, Dembele and Malcom have proved nothing more than those who I mentioned.

Again, should we commit to Neymar's wages for so many years?

Agree on this.
It's the perfect time to offload Dembele (and his wages) to PSG.

The 3 forementioned guys did a good job against Betis, and they are perfect squad players.
Why do we need to have 6# attackers on +15M wages, while 3# of them are not even having more impact than Rafinha or Perez showed us against Betis.

Top games will always be Griezman, Suarez, Messi. Perfect to have Perez & Rafinha as 4th and 5th attacker, with wages below 5M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans