Neymar Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think there is no reason to get alarmed. A club like Barcelona has immense assets. If we ever get in real financial trouble we'll just have to sell a couple of players and we'll recover. But this may postpone the new Camp Nou project.

We have HUGE debt (888m at the end of the 17/18 season), we kept borrowing money to buy players (already borrowed 170m so far this year), our wages are going through the roof and our expenses are outpacing the growth of our revenues, pretty soon we will going red and incurring losses (I suspect this season we will). Which players can we sell? Messi? Selling some relatively insignificant players will do nothing to relieve our pretty dire financial situation. Selling significant and major players will incapacitate our team.

This is a perfect case of short-sightedness consuming us that will haunt us for a long time. The fans of course don't care, they couldn't careless about the consequences of his return on our finance and other areas, they just want their favorite and flashy toy to return to rekindle the MSN mirage, or for some bragging rights.

Messigician

Francesc Aguilar (former Mundo Deportivo): “The main source reporting that the Neymar deal is done is Di Marzio. He is a close friend of Leonardo Araújo, current sporting director of PSG.” [@FApor_elmundo]

Andresito

Staff member
We have HUGE debt (888m at the end of the 17/18 season), we kept borrowing money to buy players (already borrowed 170m so far this year), our wages are going through the roof and our expenses are outpacing the growth of our revenues, pretty soon we will going red and incurring losses (I suspect this season we will). Which players can we sell? Messi? Selling some relatively insignificant players will do nothing to relieve our pretty dire financial situation. Selling significant and major players will incapacitate our team.

This is a perfect case of short-sightedness consuming us that will haunt us for a long time. The fans of course don't care, they couldn't careless about the consequences of his return on our finance and other areas, they just want their favorite and flashy toy to return to rekindle the MSN mirage, or for some bragging rights.

I'm not defending anyone here.
But we can still get almost 200M for Coutinho + Dembele.
Rakitic, Busi, Suarez, Pique, Vidal wages will be gone in 1-2 years.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
[tw]1167074078630522881[/tw]

Todibo.... Fuck this shit.

He didn't join us to be used as a bargain chip to be shipped off to PSG. Totally disrespectful.

Last edited:

cro-man

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">📰 [SKY] | The Neymar deal to Barcelona includes both Todibo and Rakitic with a sum and Dembele has been ruled out. <a href="https://t.co/EGPVvRB2wq">pic.twitter.com/EGPVvRB2wq</a></p>— BarçaTimes (@BarcaTimes) <a href="https://twitter.com/BarcaTimes/status/1167074910482632711?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 29, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bad deal if true.

cro-man

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">❗PSG have denied there is any agreement for Neymar with Barça at the moment. [rmc]</p>— barcacentre (@barcacentre) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcacentre/status/1167075177835851777?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 29, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Those players (by the way Vidal is not a high earner) that will be leaving in a few years will be replaced by new signings that will not necessarily be making much less than them, judging from what we are paying De Jong, for example. Players' salaries are going up gradually and in our case, we won't be paying upcoming new players significantly less than the rest of the squad.

As to Dembele and Coutinho for 200m, I doubt it.

Givenchy

[tw]1167074078630522881[/tw]

Todibo.... Fuck this shit.

He didn't join us to be used as a bargain chip to be shipped off to PSG. Totally disrespectful.

not happy with Todibo being included either.. would rather Dembele BUT remember the player has to agree to any move so Todibo was open to it

Laplacian

Holy fucking messigician stuck to his guns the entire summer while we all lost hope

Shit promote him to admin status

STAY CALLLLLMY BOYS HE'S COMINg

[MENTION=21723]Pedro[/MENTION]

Let's hope neymar doesn't injure his town against osasuna

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
I don’t like giving Todibo away. He isn’t worth much in a deal like this, but his potential is big. Lot to lose if he turns out good.

BBZ8800

It is a vicious cycle.

You can't give 105m gross to Messi and 80-90m gross per year to Neymar and then expect new kids to play for 2 millions.

Frenkie's starting wages are 25m gross plus bonuses, iirc.
Those will grow each 1-2 years when he will renew his deals.

Look how much Rabiot and De Ligt asked.
Or how much kids like Kubo and Xavi Simmons were asking for.

There is no way back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans