Neymar Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingLeo10

One thing Neymar never had while delivering big trophies is the pressure of being THE main man (the guy who gets blamed if things go south)

R10 was the face of Barca from 04-06; In Neymar's best season at Barca (14-15), Messi dropped 90 G + A and was indisputably THE main man

Playing level wise, Neymar in 14-15 and first half of 15-16 is close to peak R10. Neymar was lighter on his feet, just as quick and skilled, but inferior in strength. He had a better eye for goal too.

Jadentheman

One thing Neymar never had while delivering big trophies is the pressure of being THE main man (the guy who gets blamed if things go south)

R10 was the face of Barca from 04-06; In Neymar's best season at Barca (14-15), Messi dropped 90 G + A and was indisputably THE main man

Playing level wise, Neymar in 14-15 and first half of 15-16 is close to peak R10. Neymar was lighter on his feet, just as quick and skilled, but inferior in strength. He had a better eye for goal too.

This is true but only for club level. Both have failed for their national team respectively.

Messigician

I disagree

Neynar was on fire during the period Messi was injured

He peaked in EV pre season games and his first season at PSG before injuries derailed him.

But he clearly could shoulder the burden as main man as he showed in the 6-1 comeback

Injuries just hurt his best in world potential as he lost speed and agility

slicknick

Injuries just hurt his best in world potential as he lost speed and agility

Agreed (though his lifestyle could have added a bit more physical strength, longevity et al., if he weren?t to be so fond of partying et al, but I guess that?s a common trait of 80% of the Brazilian players)

Blackened

Was dreadful yesterday. Cant operate as a winger because he is not that fast anymore. And could play in a 4-4-2 formation as one of the strikers only if the other striker is a "muscle". Meaning a Lewy-Dzeko type.

Jadentheman

Always been a big primadonna at least since PSG transfer,

Actually I think he's been humbled. His time at PSG is a nightmare with all the scandals and injuries. Not to mention he became a meme on the international stage leaving many casuals to write him off. Sad career. I always look back at Gui7herme's Barcelona comps. Relive the good days.

slicknick

Actually I think he's been humbled. His time at PSG is a nightmare with all the scandals and injuries. Not to mention he became a meme on the international stage leaving many casuals to write him off. Sad career. I always look back at Gui7herme's Barcelona comps. Relive the good days.

Sadly, that?s all that he?ll be remembered for, once the curtain falls on his career. The one that peaked at age 23.
Heck, I remember not even being that worried when Leo was injured prior to the Clasico, knowing Neymar got us covered

Andresito

Staff member
His career will always be a disappointment. Same with Verratti. It's an effect of moving to PSG in your prime and not winning anything but Ligue 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans