Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Disgraceful that such a progressing country like Brazil, especially one of the richest clubs from a cosmopolitan area, cannot find the resources to promote women's football. Not that anyone outside of North America, Scandinavia and East Asia is doing a good job at it, but you'd think after producing possibly the greatest female player ever in Martha, there would be an effort to keep progress going.

Though anything I can blame on Santos president and Neymar makes sense to me.

its a disgrace, period. the middle east is finding resources for women to play football against all cultural odds, yet santos shuts it down???

its a cry to take ransom from the govt

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
its a disgrace, period. the middle east is finding resources for women to play football against all cultural odds, yet santos shuts it down???

its a cry to take ransom from the govt

It's an absolute dirtbag move from Santos, ransom is a good way to describe it. They liquidate their entire women's hockey program in hopes for either a bailout or at the very least to keep Neymar happy and ensure Europeans club pay over the top for him. Santos are who I thought they were.

F

Flavia

It's a disgrace... but that happened cause women's football has no visibility here. No one cares for it. Not even when Marta used to play here. The media ignores it, and so do the people. It's sad, but true.

Co0ter

It says they are shutting it down b/c it makes them no money, not b/c they don't have any money? And it didnt say anywhere that they are shutting it down b/c they need to pay Neymar more?! At least I didn't get any of that from the linked article. I really don't see why any of this is his fault, regardless....?

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
It says they are shutting it down b/c it makes them no money, not b/c they don't have any money? And it didnt say anywhere that they are shutting it down b/c they need to pay Neymar more?! At least I didn't get any of that from the linked article. I really don't see why any of this is his fault, regardless....?

Actually it did mention that part of the cost issue was because of Neymar's wages.

But don't worry, I'm not blaming your boy, this is on Santos. Neymar is merely a puppet here.

Sergio

Sergison
It is precisely because I couldn't pull it off, that I respect it.

And yes, he does. And were he not Brazilian, and instead was a characterful but talentless Argentine anti-hero of a player, or a Uruguayan racist, Nolan would accept that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans