Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Nope, sell Villa and Pedro. Messi, Neymar, Cuenca, Tello, Sanchez :troll:

Oh, Ibi too :)

Pedro is better than Neymar and works harder......Every club in europe will gladly take Pedro off of your hands. Villa is the most dependable striker (Messi aside) on earth so please sell Villa and his worth ethos to sign the SKILLZ of Neymar!!!!!

DucdeOrléans

Who says that Neymar should be bought this summer? Is he even prepared to move yet?

I guess we should not buy any new attackers at all in the next 4-5 years after all we have Cuenca, Tello, Sánchez, Pedro and Messi. (great logic btw).

And I am sure Villa still has 5-6 years left at the top level....so no need to look after replacements at all.

Ed:

Your contribution in this thread serves no purpose. We all know you dislike Neymar you have said that 10 times now I think. No need to repeat yourself like a broken record.

Go and post in the Liverpool thread and praise Jay Spearing or some other useless player.

Last edited:

Blue Demon

The kid will not make the same mistakes Robinho did. That is a learning lesson and I think (at least I hope) he understands it. I really don't want to see him at Real.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
my only waryness of Neymar is that Tello is bursting to play more games and they have similar styles. Neymar is just a better version of Tello, and while better is always, well, better...I loathe to see a perfectly awesome La Masia grad get knocked back.

even if we sell Villa (which would suck ass) you'd still think it could be too crowded unless we have another injury crisis.

impeh

Hi, its me..
i dont think he'll come in the summer, it makes sense if he stays in brazil another year.

Then, this time next year, Tello/Afellay and Cuenca will all have had a decent taste of liga football action and Villa will -unfortunately- be getting on a bit..

assuming Afellay stays ofc, his first team action is gonna be limited .. and although he only looks about 19 :lol: hes going to want to be playing regularly i would have thought. (hes 25?)

Cant bring Neymar in and bench him most of the time. Hes clearly got alot of talent and needs to be playing.

DucdeOrléans

Well I understand your worries Meta and should Tello and Cuenca continue their promising development then there is no need to buy Neymar unless Villa is sold.

But eventually we will NEED to replace Villa. Both Cuenca and Tello are wingers and to say it frankly they are not fully proven on the highest level yet if we are to be honest.

I am sure Pep and the board are having similar thoughts. Let's take this discussion in the summer where we will be able to fully evaluate Tello's and Cuenca's performances and see which state Villa will be in (I am sure we need to wait until September for that one)

About Afellay:

I see him more as a midfielder. And to be honest I am not sure if he will even be in the club after this summer's transfer window. Let me say it this way. I would not be surprised if he will be sold.

Last edited:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I'd love it if you wasted your budget on Neymar and sold Pedro and Villa. I mean it would be such an epic fail. Selling 2 awesome players, 1 not even in his prime yet and 1 who is and will always be a goalscoring machine.

Yes please weaken your team by doing that!

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Both Cuenca and Tello are wingers and to say it frankly they are not fully proven on the highest level yet if we are to be honest.

The same could be said about Neymar too, unless you consider south american football as high level, which is not... Cuenca and Tello have the advantage here, they have grown with the club, understand the system, work hard and as long as Pep is on charge they will remain relevant to the team... Pep is very aware of the potential of canteranos and he rather groom them than investing in a player that would take their spot, just look at our injury crisis where he has relied in youngsters instead of going on a shopping spree...

The only reason I see Neymar could land here, is that Rosell forces it on Pep, otherwise there is no way it's happening... Obviously I'm no Pep but, with the exception of Zlatan, his signings have been of very humble, hard working, media-retarded type of players, all traits Neymar lacks...

Superfly

Banned
Pedro > Neymar
Cuenca > Neymar
Tello >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. Neymar
Villa >>>>> Neymar
Muniani >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Neymar

They're all better then Neymar (and not brazilian) so no need for him here at all :wave:

Superfly

Banned
Plus if we buy Neymar we'll be hearing from:

neymar-and-pele.jpg

more often

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
if Neymar comes in it will be to replace Villa. which would suck all kinds of ass but you can at least see the logic as Villa is 31 and Neymar is 20 and has bags of potential.

my only issue is that while Neymar is obviously better than Tello, their games are rather similar (based on pace, skill & exploiting spaces) and bringing in Neymar kinda shits on Tello because it means he has less to offer the team. and Tello is a Catalan canterano. so y'all know where I stand on that!

Cuenca will be fine. he along with Alexis & Pedro add a dynamism & work-rate that no one else matches. Alexis especially combines this with a phenomenal skill-level. and Cuenca even has the ability to play centrally. they will all be fine. it's mostly Tello I'm concerned about, as he would be the one most effected by Neymar's arrival.

and yes, Tello may have a ways to go in terms of rounding his game out but he is genuinely the most exciting prospect to be promoted to the first-team since Busquets. he has greater skill & potential than Pedro or Cuenca, and his balls & pace mean he'll be more useful than Bojan ever could have been. obviously Thiago is the fucking tits but it's not like we struggle to produce midfielders. but bringing a fast wing-forward through? that's HUGE.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Pedro > Neymar
Cuenca > Neymar
Tello >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. Neymar
Villa >>>>> Neymar
Muniani >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Neymar

They're all better then Neymar (and not brazilian) so no need for him here at all :wave:

I approve of this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans