Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
well that's just it; his next career move is crucial.

Robinho fucked up by going to Real (he's never been as good as he was in Summer 2005 :worthy:) and then fucked up AGAIN by going to City.

Neymar needs to make the right move or he'll fuck up too.

Valencia or Malaga becoming legit would be the best thing for him tbh, coz then he could come to La Liga and rock it whilst staying the main man on his team. not that I wouldn't want him for us, but I mean what we really need from our wing-forwards is players who excel off the ball as much/more than they do on it; and I dunno if that's Neymar. obviously he COULD do it but to me selfless guys with work-rate and skillz like Tello, Alexis and Villa are the perfect fit. Neymar is too much of a baller I think, he'd wanna do too much dribbling. but then I dunno; you look at Tello and you know Neymar can do what he does except with even more skill & ability, but would he be as humble & diligent? it could work soooooo well, but it could be an expensive failure. it's not a lock like Alexis was.

mayhaps PSG? especially if they can nab Gonzo to be a goalscorer alongside him. could be epic.

I love Neymar and he gives me so much hope but Tello can work in tighter space than Neymar. Neymar will struggle a little bit with the space issue because in Europe you won't get an ocean of space behind the defense like he does in Brasil. But he has enough talent to make it and big.

Either way, Neymar would go to most clubs in Europe but Santos won't send him except to top top top payers, meaning 2-3 clubs. That is the problem mainly. It will be Santos fucking him away for a high price not giving a shit how he fairs, and who could blame them? When they sit on that 40 million + for the next years fat as fuck, they simply would sip more whiskey as Neymar fails or succeeds.

He shouldn't follow a club, he should follow a coach. Ronaldo followed clubs, and has no league titles to show for it. When Robinho moved to Madrid, he was met with...his old coach Luxa!! Which was supposed to be a brilliant move, but 4 2 2 2 was madness. Luxa was supposed to play to the best of Robinho's abilities except he played him in his weakest.

Neymar shouldn't be too concerned with a club as much as its coach. You need a developer, someone proven or has potential to develop. Carlos Ancelloti maybe? He has dealt with Brazilians quite a bit. Mourinho is a big gamble, Pep is racist, SAF was amazing, Capello isn't interested, so that leaves new age coaches...from Germany you have Klopp, you have Cholo in Spain, you have Mancini in England. No one in Italy can afford him though if Inter get a proper coach next, it might be a good destination because they are a selling club after all, something else you should look at.

AVB will be too hell bent on wanting to prove himself and he will burn Neymar, you need someone confident and calm, AVB is too in over his head.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Mourinho is a big gamble, Pep is racist, SAF was amazing, Capello isn't interested, so that leaves new age coaches...from Germany you have Klopp, you have Cholo in Spain, you have Mancini in England.

You are forgetting the master of developing new talents, Arsene Wenger, hahahahaha!

Also I loved your reason to rule Pep out, and while I'm not sure he is racist, he does have preferences for catalan kids and even if not, I don't see him being fond of Neymar...

Co0ter

You know that's not true. I know you love your Brazilian showboaters but I know you aren't a Brazil fanboy like Duc or Cooter or a glory hunter like Dalitis who think all you need to do is throw more talent out there to make everything better, such a thing as chemistry does exist.

And Neymar is going to be fucking expensive, don't give me for one second the BS that he is going to buy his way to Barca because Sport said so.

Not sure why I'm a Brazil fanboy. I want Thiago Silva b/c I honestly see him as the best fit, but I've been saying that for years and he's just getting older and older. I've watched the quality of Brazilian players decline over the past years and it sucks, b/c they've provided some of the greatest, entertaining footballers of all time. However, I don't see how wanting the best young talent on my favorite team makes me fanboy. To me- It just makes sense.

And how do you think Neymar would fair with Messi? They both have incredible ball control, vision, passing and are good at tiki taka. And you're acting like the rest of our frontline has amazing chemistry with Messi in the first place...

Last edited:
B

barcelonista

And how do you think Neymar would fair with Messi? They both have incredible ball control, vision, passing and are good at tiki taka. And you're acting like the rest of our frontline has amazing chemistry with Messi in the first place...

Neymar is supposed to be the Brazilian answer to Argentina's Messi. The next big thing after Ronaldo. The one who's going to lead Brazil to glory in 2014 in their own country. He's used to be talked up by media (and Pelé) to be up there with players like Messi. He will want to win a Ballon d'Or some day. To become the greatest. Barcelona is build around Messi though. Do you think Neymar will accept that? Maybe in his first season out of respect and due to nervosity as the new guy but when he becomes acclimatised in a few years? It's a total different ball game to perform as the focal point of a team or as the second guy to Messi. David Villa, the all time top scorer of Spain, the top scorer of the last World and Euro Cup, is a different player to David Villa in Barcelona.

I still don't believe this "he has matured a bit" and "people are judging him only because of his haircut" thing by the way. Everything he says is prewritten by his agent and advisors. They are obviously trying to improve his image to keep more clubs interested in him. Since Rosell showed interest, he turned into "Mr. humble guy" who praises Messi, Barcelona and swaps shirts with Puyol all of a sudden.

Not denying his talent and Neymar-Messi-Sanchez could end up being the most epic thing since sliced bread for the next 10 years but Argentina's and Brazil's top stars together in one team with Maradona and Pelé shittalking every weak could also completely kill the dressing room harmony.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Not denying his talent and Neymar-Messi-Sanchez could end up being the most epic thing since sliced bread for the next 10 years but Argentina's and Brazil's top stars together in one team with Maradona and Pelé shittalking every weak could also completely kill the dressing room harmony.
:lol: true

But it'd be epic really... Pep would get to troll both Maradona and Pele constantly :pep:

Henry_IB

Banned
Sell Cuenca and Villa, keep Tello, buy Neymar.

I'd love to have a winger who can actually beat his defender other than just smart runs and pace. The only problem I see with Neymar would be that he'd not accept being second to Messi and whether he'd be able to adapt to our system and play as a winger.

But the thought of a well adapted Neymar in Barcelona together with Sanchez and Messi upfront and with the world class midfield we have is really tempting.

UberNjufer

I'd love to have a winger who can actually beat his defender other than just smart runs and pace. The only problem I see with Neymar would be that he'd not accept being second to Messi and whether he'd be able to adapt to our system and play as a winger.

But the thought of a well adapted Neymar in Barcelona together with Sanchez and Messi upfront and with the world class midfield we have is really tempting.
neymar over villa,no thank you.maybe in few years time

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes

Surely if you're buying Neymar, you sell Tello not Cuenca?

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
1. considering the love Pep has for Keiteeee, Dani, Masch, and Bilal ... I'm not so sure he's a racist. He may be pro-Catalan, actually, he is pro-Catalan.
2. having said that, I don't understand why any Culé would want to stunt the development of Tello or Cuenca in order to overpay for a person who may or may not fit in to this team chemistry wise. this is not FIFA ... this is not Soccermanager ... as Nolan said, chemistry matters.
3. Besides, I don't see why this is a big deal. Didn't Santos say they aren't selling Neymar until post World Cup? Tello and Cuenca have 2 more years to develop before Neymar can be considered.
4. and point #3 is my biggest reason for not buying Neymar this summer (along w/ chemistry). Tello and Cuenca could very well evolve in to Neymar if we give them the chance. I understand the revenue stream implication of getting Brasil's biggest star, but poor financial decisions have led to a sponsor on our jersey. I'd rather some financial restraint be used in order to develop local talent before splashing out on the next shiny new fad.
5. stop hating on Pedro and MaraVilla. don't make me do it ... cuz I'll over do it ... so you won't confuse it with just rap music.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
Why should Barca buy Neymar when we have Deulofeu,Adama Traore,Ebwelle in La Masia waiting in the wings.
Barca is about a mix of stars and home grown players. You cannot maintain this level with youth players alone.

Maybe one of those three you mentioned will make it at Barca.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans