Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I guess there are two basic kind of football spectators:

1. Those who want to get entertained by individual player's tricks and skills

2. Those who like to see a football team of 11 players act as an efficient unit with discipline, effective tactics and (perhaps) overwhelming offensive power coming from coordinated moves.

Neymar doesnt really seem suited for No. 2 ...

Agreed. Individual skill can be very enjoyable but for some of us the appeal is in seeing the team play, not one character.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Exactly. This current team makes it all look simple and the key point to achieving that is by doing things simply. Neymar's brand of football isn't simple and goes against what Guardiola would teach and i'm sure it will go against Tito's.

Anyway...

Neymar to replace Ronaldo so they can build the team around him, I don't care if they make a shit load of money, it seems like the club most suited to his needs and style.

We have the perfect balance with Messi as our focal point. I can imagine at first, Neymar will be happy to be part of the show, but after a few years, it's very likely that he will still be a side thought to the hero's we already have and I don't suppose he will like that. Also, I don't buy this stuff about him being a team player, of course he'll come across (I believe he's even emphasised this himself before) as a team player, he has known nothing but being a player in a team that revolves around him.

If we didn't have no Messi we'd probably have a need for him and we'd be able to accommodate him, but we do and we have perfectly capable wingers at the moment as it is. Give Villa one more year to see if he can still make the type of impact I'm sure all of us would love to see. After that, re-evaluate if we need a striker up top.

Last edited:

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Neymar would actually be a perfect fit for Madrid; they really don't have much creativity up front, outside of Ozil who isn't really an individual game changer. Neymar and Higgy or Ronaldo (if he is willing to accept the fact that he's better off the ball, which is a big if) would be a scary combination.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Exactly. This current team makes it all look simple and the key point to achieving that is by doing things simply. Neymar's brand of football isn't simple and goes against what Guardiola would teach and i'm sure it will go against Tito's.

Anyway...

Neymar to replace Ronaldo so they can build the team around him, I don't care if they make a shit load of money, it seems like the club most suited to his needs and style.

We have the perfect balance with Messi as our focal point. I can imagine at first, Neymar will be happy to be part of the show, but after a few years, it's very likely that he will still be a side thought to the hero's we already have and I don't suppose he will like that. Also, I don't buy this stuff about him being a team player, of course he'll come across (I believe he's even emphasised this himself before) as a team player, he has known nothing but being a player in a team that revolves around him.

If we didn't have no Messi we'd probably have a need for him and we'd be able to accommodate him, but we do and we have perfectly capable wingers at the moment as it is. Give Villa one more year to see if he can still make the type of impact I'm sure all of us would love to see. After that, re-evaluate if we need a striker up top.
Absolutely Neymar will eventually want to become the man and try to eclipse Messi more than helping us to glory.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Typical Neymar. Useless rainbow flick, immediately losing the ball and then whining like a little bitch. Also, very classy to humiliate a team that's 7-0 down at that moment. Really backs up everything I've said about him.

Exactly... What's the point of doing that when you are winning by 7 goals? Didn't you guys see Puyol giving hell to Dani and Thiago for a celebration? I can only imagine Puyol going straight to tackle him for shit like that...

Those Bolivar players were actually really kind, if he did that to an argetinian, uruguayan or paraguayan team he would be in the hospital right now, hahaha...

As entertaining as it may be, respect for opposition and your own club come first...

B

barcelonista

No one asked the main question: How shit are Bolivar if they concede 8 goals against the 10th best team in Brazil? And could Barcelona score 30 against them?

Doobs

The Messiah
I guess there are two basic kind of football spectators:

1. Those who want to get entertained by individual player's tricks and skills

2. Those who like to see a football team of 11 players act as an efficient unit with discipline, effective tactics and (perhaps) overwhelming offensive power coming from coordinated moves.

Neymar doesnt really seem suited for No. 2 ...

I agree with you completely.

I dont believe Neymar would fit with this Barca.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Agreed. Individual skill can be very enjoyable but for some of us the appeal is in seeing the team play, not one character.

Yet this Barca is boring and exceptional only when Messi is in the mood, so his indivisual skill is actually what makes this boring Barcelona, an exciting one. The most entertaining Barcelona was with Ronaldinho and Deco, because they had epic flair individually and worked like a charm in a team. I mean if it were not for Iniesta and Thiago every now and then I'd fall asleep through Barcelona matches because no matter how intricate Busi gets, its generally boring.

So I do not agree with you completely, individual skill IS entertaining and it is because it is at such a high level, like ridiculously high level. If this was a Quaresma entertainment level then I'd agree with you. It'd be just sad and frustrating but it isn't, the kid is actually awesome, next level awesome.

Maria

So you are reducing Pep's Barca to what happend this year, yet when you judge Frank's Barca you take into account only the first 3 years, but not all those matches when Ronaldinho was walking on the pitch like Xavi does since December?

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Yet this Barca is boring and exceptional only when Messi is in the mood, so his indivisual skill is actually what makes this boring Barcelona, an exciting one. The most entertaining Barcelona was with Ronaldinho and Deco, because they had epic flair individually and worked like a charm in a team. I mean if it were not for Iniesta and Thiago every now and then I'd fall asleep through Barcelona matches because no matter how intricate Busi gets, its generally boring.

So I do not agree with you completely, individual skill IS entertaining and it is because it is at such a high level, like ridiculously high level. If this was a Quaresma entertainment level then I'd agree with you. It'd be just sad and frustrating but it isn't, the kid is actually awesome, next level awesome.

The most exciting Barca was the treble year, when Xavi and Iniesta were at the peak of their swag, Messi still had something to prove as part of a team and not in some cock measuring contest with Ronaldo, Alves and Pique just arrived, and Eto'o and Marquez were still around. At that point Pep was innovative without trying to reinvent the wheel, the team had a chip on their shoulder after flopping because the showboating douchebaggery you love turns from entertainment to indulgence when the orchestrator's decide they love hookers more than football.

That team was something else, they played as a team and actually cared about defense.

Your description is actually the problem with relying on individual skill, and it's why I found this Barca as dislikeable as the fat Ronaldinho era, and why, if lucky, the one trophy they will win will be the Copa del Gay.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Nope, Pep's achievements cannot be reduced, it is impossible. It is just that much of it was very boring, until a brilliant piece of individual skill comes a long and changes the game. It does not mean your team was not outstanding and beyond reckoning, I was speaking purely on entertainment factor.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Nope, Pep's achievements cannot be reduced, it is impossible. It is just that much of it was very boring, until a brilliant piece of individual skill comes a long and changes the game. It does not mean your team was not outstanding and beyond reckoning, I was speaking purely on entertainment factor.

It's kind of funny hearing this coming from a fan of two teams who can thank all their recent success on Mourinho, a manager who might go down in history as the greatest of all time precisely because he has his players move forward with ruthless efficiency and not individual flair.

But to each their own. For me players who don't pass and do stupid stepovers instead of just running with the ball are boring, the beauty of football comes from players feeding off each other. Could also explain why Argentina and Spain cerca 2008 are far more entertaining for me than Brazil.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans