Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Predictable from ESPN, nonstop Neymar talk...Their Brasilian reporter, Pozzi, did say he believed Neymar would go to Europe by the end of the year and his guess was Barcelona

Hatem Ben Arfa

Neymar did score a goal and had 2 assists. Bound to be a lot of talk about him :)

disappointed in his teammates though, they didn't look to pass to him enough and were rather selfish opting to shoot from distances many times. I guess there were some inexperienced players that contributed to that though.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I only saw the last 25 minutes of the game, but boy oh boy the kid has got some mad skillz. And I saw him track back too. That one two ball in, that little trick he did to beat his marker before he crossed it low with his left foot that was awesome. Sure the cross was easily cleared but that was mint.

His combos with Marcelo were exciting too, a bit more like the Brazil I know. He was also fending off big players, the same players Italians struggle a lot with. Sure the USA defense was poor but still. With proper coaching he is going places.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Says the guy who supports Barcelona with Dani Alves. Do you have any idea how much silliness they'd do in the locker room? Couple that with Pique and Cesc's crap, and Alexis not so funny jokes and you will have a mega circus. Enjoy!

M

mitkoa7x

Says the guy who supports Barcelona with Dani Alves. Do you have any idea how much silliness they'd do in the locker room? Couple that with Pique and Cesc's crap, and Alexis not so funny jokes and you will have a mega circus. Enjoy!

We've got the clown suits prepared so I guess Neymar's arrival is imminent.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One

Yes, youtube vids don't say it all. But they say something. Here is a great collection of plays and goals.
-Notice how tricky of a bastard he is (entertainment 101). Sure it will be difficult for him to pull a lot of that shit against european defenders, but he'll be a headache for sure.
-Notice he is a genuinely good dribbler, in spite of his trickery. I don't see him as another Robinho pulling stepover after stepover, hoping for the defender to fall for one of them. He can turn with the ball running at great pace and beat defenders (nothing like the little genius) but he's still pretty good.
-He is able to finish his runs with a pass or cross, or putting it in the back of the net. That takes maturity.
-He's got a fairly powerful shot. Can shoot from distance.
-He's got good vision, football iq, and passing talent (see from 10:00 on). Only bound to improve in our club.

Could you imagine the football Messi and him could conjure up? Albeit if they can find harmony on the field and not fight for supremacy. Alas, I can only dream, but if you ask me this kid is the real deal.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Saw a more well rounded Neymar last night, especially trying to win balls back...His touch is so good that he was fooling his own teammates with passes, bet he missed Ganso

M

mitkoa7x

He kinda reminds me of Ronnie, I cant bring my self to dislike him. I'd love it if he signed for us.

Hatem Ben Arfa

He kinda reminds me of Ronnie, I cant bring my self to dislike him. I'd love it if he signed for us.

:worthy:

His tracking back to defend and sprinting back into position to keep the teams shape when Brazil didn't have the ball is what impresssed me the most last night oddly enough. That just told me that he will fit in and do very well in Europe combined with his immense talent.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
omg look who joined the "sign Neymar" team,he is a great player in the making no doubt and why not i would love to see him sign for us too but at 60m i'm sorry that is awful lot of money for a 19 year old that i don't think he is worth that amount right now.

M

mitkoa7x

omg look who joined the "sign Neymar" team,he is a great player in the making no doubt and why not i would love to see him sign for us too but at 60m i'm sorry that is awful lot of money for a 19 year old that i don't think he is worth that amount right now.

I've been on that boat since the CWC, he showed growth and class.

DucdeOrléans

At least most of the discussion here has now progressed from how his haircut looks like to his actual game.

I can't believe that the same people/journalists who initially were making quick judgements about Neymar and bashing him on every ocassion are now surprised by the fact that he also tracks back when needed? No offense but then you have not seen enough of his game and therefore your previous judgements of him are not qualified nor accurate.

The amount of posts I and Meta have written in this thread defending him from senseless hate is staggering.

Why is he so hated among certain people? Is it because of his haircut, his tricks (how dare he enjoy playing football!) or his frequent admiration of anything related to FCB - from the players to the coach to the philosophy?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans