Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yugi

not sure if serious about Neymar being better or what
the moment he chokes in big team in europe I will come here and write thousands of lol smiles

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
At least most of the discussion here has now progressed from how his haircut looks like to his actual game.

I can't believe that the same people/journalists who initially were making quick judgements about Neymar and bashing him on every ocassion are now surprised by the fact that he also tracks back when needed? No offense but then you have not seen enough of his game and therefore your previous judgements of him are not qualified nor accurate.

The amount of posts I and Meta have written in this thread defending him from senseless hate is staggering.

Why is he so hated among certain people? Is it because of his haircut, his tricks (how dare he enjoy playing football!) or his frequent admiration of anything related to FCB - from the players to the coach to the philosophy?
I can only speak for myself, but there isnt any hate in my opionion that he is simply a horrible player.

Videos like this one ...

... are the source for this evaluation. His flick might look fancy, but just take an objective look on the product: he gives the ball away easily in an otherwise good position and apart of that he goes down and is therefore out of the game (no tracking back, marking, offering etc.). Im pretty sure if we saw a player just doing a mispass to the opponent here, everyone would agree that that player is simply bad. And note that a mispass would have been still better, b/c he could defend and perhaps win back the ball instead of going down like an embarassed clown faking a foul.

A lot of his videos with actual showcase intention are of that quality - you see someone who can handle the ball properly, but simply doesnt have a clue about football, i.e. the game of 11 vs 11. And im not really willing to teach a 20 year old how to play football, as im not really convinced that he will every learn it. Splashing out 50 Millions and more is therefore out of the question for me.

And one final word from me: the PRODUCT matters, NOT the SHOW EFFECT.

DucdeOrléans

Ok let's get serious here El Tren.

Neymar is the most productive player in the Brazilian league and Copa Libertadores and the main profile for the Brazilian national team.

It's not all tricks you know.

And yes, he does actually track back. Watch a few matches of him and not just Youtube clips. It's true that the tracking back nearly never happened a few years ago but that's not the case anymore. He is a fairly hard work playing in Brazilian standards (for attackers at least)

He scores about 0.60 goals per game. He provides several assists, just yesterday against USA he made 2 assists.

We are talking about a player that has won nearly everything with Santos and proven himself again and again at the age of 20. There is a reason why this guy is wanted by every single top club with respect for itself. It's because he is a huge talent and already a very, very good player.

F

Flavia

I can only speak for myself, but there isnt any hate in my opionion that he is simply a horrible player.

Videos like this one ...

... are the source for this evaluation. His flick might look fancy, but just take an objective look on the product: he gives the ball away easily in an otherwise good position and apart of that he goes down and is therefore out of the game (no tracking back, marking, offering etc.). Im pretty sure if we saw a player just doing a mispass to the opponent here, everyone would agree that that player is simply bad. And note that a mispass would have been still better, b/c he could defend and perhaps win back the ball instead of going down like an embarassed clown faking a foul.

A lot of his videos with actual showcase intention are of that quality - you see someone who can handle the ball properly, but simply doesnt have a clue about football, i.e. the game of 11 vs 11. And im not really willing to teach a 20 year old how to play football, as im not really convinced that he will every learn it. Splashing out 50 Millions and more is therefore out of the question for me.

And one final word from me: the PRODUCT matters, NOT the SHOW EFFECT.
You should watch matches, not videos. He tracks back, and is a good passer. He also is good in assisting others. He's cutting out on his dives, though he really gets beat up in every game. Saying he is a "horrible" player, not having watching him, if it's not hate, it's just going with the hate flow.

DucdeOrléans

You should watch matches, not videos. He tracks back, and is a good passer. He also is good in assisting others. He's cutting out on his dives, though he really gets beat up in every game. Saying he is a "horrible" player, not having watching him, if it's not hate, it's just going with the hate flow.

Thank you Flavia.

Those who have actually followed him (not saying that I have watched all his games at all) all agree that he has improved all of his aspects of his game during this current season. He is a better overall player than he was just 1 year ago and there is nothing that tells me he won't become even better. He is only 20 years old after all.

And no, the Brazilian league nor the Copa Libertadores are shit leagues as some clueless haters have said in this thread before. I am not referring to you El Tren of course since you are a good poster.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Honestly, there is no hate involved. Its true that i only watched two matches of him so far - Brazil-Germany, where he was invisible apart from his goal in OT that was however good and Santos-Barca where he was just invisible. So what i only see besides this are these showcase videos. And they very often show bad actions ... im sorry, but that what they are. And im not gonna argue about this clip showing anything good ... he is easily giving away the ball and then lies down. I mean how bad can it actually get?

B

barcelonista

Splashing out 50 Millions and more is therefore out of the question for me.

Shows the state of modern football, seeing what makes a player worth € 60 million nowadays. I remember a certain Ronaldo scoring 47 goals for Barcelona and lighting up the 1998 World Cup, earning himself 2 Ballon d'Ors at Neymar's age. And here we are in 2012, wanking about YouTube videos of a kid pulling rainbow flicks under the sunshine of Sao Paulo, supposedly the biggest talent the football world can offer right now.

F

Flavia

Honestly, there is no hate involved. Its true that i only watched two matches of him so far - Brazil-Germany, where he was invisible apart from his goal in OT that was however good and Santos-Barca where he was just invisible. So what i only see besides this are these showcase videos. And they very often show bad actions ... im sorry, but that what they are. And im not gonna argue about this clip showing anything good ... he is easily giving away the ball and then lies down. I mean how bad can it actually get?
So, you won't argue about anything good the videos shows, just the bad stuff? If you just watched Messi playing the bad games he had so far, I imagine what you'd say about him, then. I don't think no one here is claiming neymar's perfect(apart from hba), but a horrible player? If that's not hate, I don't know what that is... I really feel sorry for this kid, sometimes. All the media hype is being more hurtful than good.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
So, you won't argue about anything good the videos shows, just the bad stuff? If you just watched Messi playing the bad games he had so far, I imagine what you'd say about him, then. I don't think no one here is claiming neymar's perfect(apart from hba), but a horrible player? If that's not hate, I don't know what that is... I really feel sorry for this kid, sometimes. All the media hype is being more hurtful than good.

I only see a single instance of saying Neymar is horrible. And Tren might be a harsh critic but he's right that Neymar's decision making is not good at all. Having skill and a willingness to (sometimes) track back is a good foundation, but he does a lot of unnecessary stuff that's going to hurt him regularly against European defenses.

And you are right about the media hype, besides being distorted by personal dislike for his game (hey, at least I'm honest), it's messing up his ability to develop normally. It's always extremes with this kid. It's like the exact opposite of how Messi was brought up.

He had a good game against the naive Americans, this thread has reached one extreme..just wait for his next bad game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans