Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoFroBo

While europe is facing a serious shortage of world class defenders there is absolutely no doubt that the defenders are better than in South America. There is absolutely no way you can objectively say that defence in the brazilian league is as organised,well disciplined and talented as in la liga, the epl,serie a, the bundesliga or even ligue 1.

Funny how you said "even league1" while it is most defensive league out of all leagues you've mentioned.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
A player who was successful in Europe has proven less than a player who never played in Europe that he can be successful in Europe?

lolwat?

I have most likely watched a lot more South American football than you have, and am the biggest defender of SA leagues on this forum...but you are full of shit, sorry. Defensive schemes are typically a lot more simple in South America as they are in the major European leagues, and a lot more homogeneous because coaches are almost always locals (or Argentines), as are most of the players.

I doubt Jonny boy has seen 1 full game of a brazilian league game.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
You guys overrate European leagues way too much, there's way too much cannon fodder among the top leagues, just watching the Champions League every season shows us this, too many one sided games which you can bet your house on. Do you guys think South American players come from these "easier" to score in leagues and magically get better when they cross the Atlantic and join European teams to rip apart these supposedly "good" defences were meant to have? The likes of Oscar and Tevez(you should have seen the arguments for this one :lol:) were meant to struggle and be bullied when they moved over to Europe if you believed some people, now their's tearing that none sense to shreds.

Don't get me started on the people who think Neymar will struggle in the "score as many goals as you want" Spanish League. Now, if the argument was that players struggle due to having difficulty in adapting to the culture and different way of life, then I would agree with you, not this stupid "They struggle cause European defences are better" bullcrap.

I doubt Jonny boy has seen 1 full game of a brazilian league game.

Your belief is not required

Last edited:

Paganinisrvnge

You guys overrate European leagues way too much, there's way too much cannon fodder among the top leagues, just watching the Champions League every season shows us this, too many one sided games which you can bet your house on. Do you guys think South American players come from these "easier" to score in leagues and magically get better when they cross the Atlantic and join European teams to rip apart these supposedly "good" defences were meant to have? The likes of Oscar and Tevez(you should have seen the arguments for this one :lol:) were meant to struggle and be bullied when they moved over to Europe if you believed some people, now their's tearing that none sense to shreds.

Don't get me started on the people who think Neymar will struggle in the "score as many goals as you want" Spanish League. Now, if the argument was that players struggle due to having difficulty in adapting to the culture and different way of life, then I would agree with you, not this stupid "They struggle cause European defences are better" bullcrap.

Your belief is not required

Ummm...Oscar hasn't done anything spectacular yet. He scored 2 great goals against Juventus but both of those were great individual strikes. It's not like he's already started to tear open defenses in the EPL and CL. His best asset to Chelsea so far has actually been his relentless pressing(against Pirlo and against Arteta). Tevez went to West Ham before going to Man U btw.

Jadentheman

Ummm...Oscar hasn't done anything spectacular yet. He scored 2 great goals against Juventus but both of those were great individual strikes. It's not like he's already started to tear open defenses in the EPL and CL. His best asset to Chelsea so far has actually been his relentless pressing(against Pirlo and against Arteta). Tevez went to West Ham before going to Man U btw.

Oscar is doing exactly what was expected of him to be doing

La Furia

Legion of Doooom

I'm sorry but I really don't think you know what you are talking about. Yes, European football isn't some perfect display of talent, but if you think Spanish "cannon fodder" is bad you really need to try watching low tier clubs in South America. Even in Brazil, the only league on the continent with the money to keep talent for more than one season and the financial ability to compete with second tier European markets, the poorer clubs in Brazilian Serie A have nothing.

And the problem with Neymar is even in Brazil, especially this year, he struggles against good teams. Yes he has much less help than he had last year, but it's still apparent that he looks human against teams with competent defensive schemes and the talent to see through his tricks.

It's not that Neymar wouldn't be able to adapt to Europe, it's that he still has a lot to learn and isn't the force of nature you fanboys make him into, and paying a fortune and bringing the expectations with him for a player who will likely be very frustrating at first and never really had to struggle to take his game to the next level yet, well it's asking for trouble.

Especially on a team like Barcelona who would be using that money for that instead of solving the very obvious backline issues. Puyol and Abidal aren't going to magically return to their primes.

He's completely ignoring what a disaster West Ham was after the Tevez and Mascherano fanfare.

Galning

I'm sorry but I really don't think you know what you are talking about. Yes, European football isn't some perfect display of talent, but if you think Spanish "cannon fodder" is bad you really need to try watching low tier clubs in South America. Even in Brazil, the only league on the continent with the money to keep talent for more than one season and the financial ability to compete with second tier European markets, the poorer clubs in Brazilian Serie A have nothing.

And the problem with Neymar is even in Brazil, especially this year, he struggles against good teams. Yes he has much less help than he had last year, but it's still apparent that he looks human against teams with competent defensive schemes and the talent to see through his tricks.

It's not that Neymar wouldn't be able to adapt to Europe, it's that he still has a lot to learn and isn't the force of nature you fanboys make him into, and paying a fortune and bringing the expectations with him for a player who will likely be very frustrating at first and never really had to struggle to take his game to the next level yet, well it's asking for trouble.

Especially on a team like Barcelona who would be using that money for that instead of solving the very obvious backline issues. Puyol and Abidal aren't going to magically return to their primes.

He's completely ignoring what a disaster West Ham was after the Tevez and Mascherano fanfare.

:worthy:

Totally agree with this post.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I've discussed the merits of Neymar as a player plenty of times, why I think he will need time to adapt, why he's a terrible fit next to Messi and why Barca buying him or not isn't about his risk and reward as a prospect, but is irrelevant to the needs and future direction the club takes, because the team as it's constructed right now has the same issues with or without Neymar.

I was responding to two posters who were arguing that Neymar would not have any trouble adapting, and why I think that is incorrect, not evaluating any sort of big picture overview of Neymar as a player, human being, or pioneer in hair styles.

So my limited player evaluation background and lack of a PhD in economics tells me that you should go fuck yourself for wasting my time reading that.

Last edited:

numero

SO sexy . The post I mean. :p

Jadentheman

Seems like that PSG bid isn't ignored much. Well you guys did want him to follow the path like Ronaldinho. So PSG then Barca?

hm...
07/10/2012 12h29 - Updated 07/10/2012 13:00
Neymar returns of praise Ibra:
'It's a dream to play with him'
Forward reinforces not want to leave Santos,
but says: 'It would be an honor to defend the PSG'
By GLOBOESPORTE.COM
Santos, SP

73 comments

Neymar on Ibra 'is an idol of the whole world'
(Photo: Fabricio Marques / Globoesporte.com)
Some argue that Neymar needs to play as soon as possible in Europe. Some believe that the ace of the Saints may even be named the best player in the world even working in Brazil. On Tuesday, the striker Ibrahimovic swelled the chorus of those who want to see Neymar in any European team. The Swedish Paris Saint-Germain made ​​several accolades to Santos, who returns Sunday.
- It's a dream to play with Ibrahimovic. He is an idol of the world, an ace - Neymar said in an interview with French TV channel, TF1.
Despite the desire to make Neymar double attack with the Swedish playmaker Santos maintains that the speech did not want to leave the country at the time. However, the player opened doors for future transfer to PSG for Ibra and Thiago Silva, his Brazilian team-mate.
read more
Neymar on Ibrahimovic: 'We admire him in Europe'
- It would be an honor to play in a team like Paris Saint-Germain, but I'm happy at Santos. It's not the right time yet, but maybe in the future - Neymar said.
PSG set up a dispute Supertime for Champions League 2012/2013. Besides Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva, are-Pauline Lucas, a friend of Neymar and touted by the same entrepreneur Santos striker, will be athlete of the French club. He is on the Tricolor Paulista by the end of this season.

http://globoesporte.globo.com/futeb...tm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=globoesportecom

Trickykid

Whoring himself to PSG now?
I don't mind that one bit.

And if you believe the frenchies will sell star players in the upcoming years like they sold Ronnie to us back then, you're sadly mistaken. If he goes to PSG it's going to be for a loooong stretch, unless of course he flops.

Armando929

If he flops they would sell him of course. But if he doesnt, then you can bet they'll try to tie him up for long term.

Which is fine by me honestly. They can afford to pay that ridiculous price tag whereas we on the other hand have more important needs than to splash big cash on the newest step over artist just because we dont want Madrid to get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans