Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I'm not sure what would be best for Neymar, staying in Brazil for longer, leaving for a big club ASAP or moving to a lesser team first, but I'm with La Furia on Neymar being an unecessary gamble given our current defense. Sure, if we could've gotten him for 20 million, then why not? But for 40-50, I'd rather pass.

PS: I bought Neymar on FIFA 13 :paperbag:

Armando929

I'm not sure what would be best for Neymar, staying in Brazil for longer, leaving for a big club ASAP or moving to a lesser team first, but I'm with La Furia on Neymar being an unecessary gamble given our current defense. Sure, if we could've gotten him for 20 million, then why not? But for 40-50, I'd rather pass.

PS: I bought Neymar on FIFA 13 :paperbag:

Well he's not staying much longer regardless. His contract is up in 2014. So unless he signs an extension, he's got at the most one more season left in Brazil.

Seeing as he's whoring himself out there now talking about PSG, I doubt there's a "pre deal" locked in place for him. Thats more likely just crap from Sport and such. There will definitely be a bidding war. And if Santos are not run by idiots, they will take the highest bidder. And if Neymar refuses, then he could just sit out his contract and leave for free in 2014 free to negotiate with whomever. But I don't think it'll come to that.

My guess is that there will be offers for him in the summer of 2013 and Santos will sell. PSG I could see being a very attractive option to him. He'd make more money, would have less pressure to perform, and he has his Brazilian teammates surrounding him, and now that I'm getting the feeling that Dani Alves may very well leave too with his recent comments, Neymar would probably find the PSG offer more tantalizing than Barcelona where he'd have the potential to be benched by other players who know the system better than him, and he'd have to compete for playing time. Even Zlatan was benched by Pedro and Bojan and he had the highest salary on this team. The only untouchable here is Messi.

Makes more sense to buy a world class CB doesn't it?

89Norcal

If he wants to follow Ronaldinho's footsteps and have a top career in Europe, he should leave Brazil imo. He's very similar to Ronnie not only in play style but in terms of progression of his ability. Once Ronnie went to PSG he improved his strength and speed and learned to contend with European defenders.

Brazilian defenders are far from inferior, and Neymar is a massive foul target in Brazil, but top European defenders tend to be bigger/stronger on average. Neymar needs that next step to realize his potential. People slam him for theatrics but let's not forget that Ronaldinho was a bit of a diver early in his career as well, at Gremio.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Ummm...Oscar hasn't done anything spectacular yet. He scored 2 great goals against Juventus but both of those were great individual strikes. It's not like he's already started to tear open defenses in the EPL and CL. His best asset to Chelsea so far has actually been his relentless pressing(against Pirlo and against Arteta). Tevez went to West Ham before going to Man U btw.

It's obvious that Oscar is gonna be a player, hes started the season extremely well, almost getting himself a starting spot. No surprise really. Also, when did I mention Man Utd? I know Tevez was at West Ham, and he practically kept them from getting relegated, i'm struggling to see what your point is here at all.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
both > neymar

di-13WK.gif

ammarfcb

ze special one
the dive aside pepe would properly step on he's face before he can even get a touch.
neymardive.gif

i would loan him to barca b for a season just to see how shit he is and then make a bid from 8m-12m dependin on how he does.

or just let madrid buy him for 60m and laugh at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans