Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivan22

Then every open chance should be a goal because they're all professionals and it's their job. Ridiculous statement.
As Pearlblack said, it's a miss that's true..

Did I say that? No, I didn't. If your name is Neymar and you want to prove yourself in europe then this has to be a goal. End of story.

Jadentheman

Well firstly 70 million is a ridiculous and over inflated price from Santos. People weren't kidding when Brazilians try to take advantage when it comes to purchasing things. Santos inflated his price by 3-4x then what he's really worth atm, but I can kinda see where it's at because Brazil wants to keep it's talent in Brazil especially towards 2014. However for the good of his development he needs to leave Brazil to gain more experience against defenses such he faced against England or else 2014 will be a rude awakening. He has the talent like I said and it also wasn't a good game from him. But I'll continue watching and there are other chances to prove himself to you guys. I do agree that his hype has gotten the best of him, but that problem lies with the Brazilian and international media.

B

beautifulgame

Lol oh you silly gooses

I'll be the first to say Neymar did not do a damn thing for most of the game.

He was not prepared on the day and took some 70 minutes to find his rhythm. We should also keep in mind this was a match the coach was not taking seriously in that he is using this occasion to take a first look at his team. Ronnie may have only been called primarily to get his 100th cap and the team as whole did not prepare for the match at all.

In truth, Phil has a wealth of talent at his disposal regardless of what many around Europe think--that brazil is unable to create world beaters still. Throw say.. Willian in there as well as Hernanes as maybe Fernandinho, take out Ronnie and Fabi and let them get a few games under their belts and you are gonna see how wrong you are.

You want to knock Neymar and co. for not being prepared for the day then go for it but drawing conclusions that Neymar as a talent is not good enough or that this Brasil team is a step back from Mano, lack sufficient evidence.

Last edited:

Jadentheman

You can keep Ronaldinho in I still feel like he has something to give. I know most of you guys don't, but yeah...

Anyways the Neymar transfer drama will start soon I feel. He is now saying stuff about Bayern too. Clearly he's shopping around or something

89Norcal

You can keep Ronaldinho in I still feel like he has something to give. I know most of you guys don't, but yeah...

Anyways the Neymar transfer drama will start soon I feel. He is now saying stuff about Bayern too. Clearly he's shopping around or something

I could only see highlights but it look like Ronaldinho was a forward for much of the game, where was he playing exactly?

He would do best further back as the main playmaker when you consider the pace he's lost.

Indignado

I don't watch much Serie A but isn't Lamela a midfielder? We already have plenty of those. If we raid Roma for anyone it should be for Miralem Pjanic who could be our replacement for Xavi when he retires.

So Pjanic isn't a midfielder?

Barca8

So Pjanic isn't a midfielder?

You're missing the context of that conversation. I was talking about purchasing a striker for Barcelona to which Lamela was braught up.
Then said that if we are to get a midfielder we should get Pjanic as Xavi's replacement after he retires.
:cool:

jklz

I could only see highlights but it look like Ronaldinho was a forward for much of the game, where was he playing exactly?

It was kind of a 4-2-2-2 with Ronaldinho a bit wide on the left, of course he wandered a bit.

Barca8

Romario started at Psv, ronaldo at Psv, ronnie at psg and rivaldo at deportivo. Meanwhile robhino went straight to Madrid and flopped. If neymar was scoring all these goals at Psv I would say spend 50 million but scoring in brazil means very little. History has shown us that players should prove themselves at European clubs first. Neymar for 20 million is fine but paying 50 for a player who has not proved himself in Europe is unheard of.

THIS. You don't go to the top of the mountain without doing some climbing.
Let Abramovich waste 70 mil and see how Neymar does at Chelski. I doubt he'll be able to displace Hazard.

THIS. You don't go to the top of the mountain without doing some climbing.
Let Abramovich waste 70 mil and see how Neymar does at Chelski. I doubt he'll be able to displace Hazard.

Maybe we (or whoever ends up getting him) can buy him and then loan him out to the Portuguese, Dutch or maybe French league for a year. He's probably gonna wanna play for a top club in a top league right away though. Maybe he can succeed right away at PSG (since the French league's the weakest of the 5 big leagues).

Oscar went straight from Brazil to Chelsea though, and he did pretty well in the CL. I hear he isn't doing so well in the PL though.

Jadentheman

Oscar is doing fine, he is currently transitioning to the premier league, but most people found out how he plays very early on. So now he has to change it. Obviously it's working because his performance yesterday was better then anyone else on his team. As for Neymar I do wish he went on to some small European club like Ajax or something. However do to his hype and Santos's opportunity to make some cash, he is unfortunately so pricey and thus so risky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans