Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Wow, I agree with you completely. Not to mention I would be fully satisfied with that result (especially the cheaper CB part).

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Do we even know if City want to sell? They've already sold Balotelli, and I've heard Tevez wants back to Argentina. Why would they sell Aguero as well?

Boris

''According to media reports, the Catalan side also stopped chasing the Brazilian star Neymar after Santos asked €70 million for the forward.''

lolz, I hope Santos is kidding and this source is not legit. 70 mils for a clown, well ... NONSENSE! Anything past 30 mils is too effin much! How do they come to those numbers, unbelievable.

Hummels- everything below 40mil is a gift! He's worth it.

Kerrybai

Romario started at Psv, ronaldo at Psv, ronnie at psg and rivaldo at deportivo. Meanwhile robhino went straight to Madrid and flopped. If neymar was scoring all these goals at Psv I would say spend 50 million but scoring in brazil means very little. History has shown us that players should prove themselves at European clubs first. Neymar for 20 million is fine but paying 50 for a player who has not proved himself in Europe is unheard of.

Last edited:

Unbiased United

Classic English knee-jerk reaction to any footballing event that occurs involving any form of outside football with the English game. Remember 2 months ago when everyone decided that Ibra was, in fact, a good player or 8 months ago when Pirlo was suddenly the best player in Europe, etc.

One average performance by Neymar with a set of English eyes on him and suddenly he is, always has been and always will be an average player!?

Yeah, very good.

Not at all.

I've always held that opinion, but after tonight its much easier for me to say now without a huge backlash. One bad game doesn't make a player bad, but by the same token neither does a player scoring a few goals in a second rate league make him a great one.

The guy has some potential, but he isn't fit to lace the boots of a Messi or Ronaldo, nevermind rub shoulders with one of them in the same starting eleven.

Oh, and he wasn't 'average'... he was anonymous, totally and utterly.

Kerrybai

Romario started at Psv, ronaldo at Psv, ronnie at psg and rivaldo at deportivo. Meanwhile robhino went straight to Madrid and flopped. If neymar was scoring all these goals at Psv I would say spend 50 million but scoring in brazil means very little. History has shown us that players should prove themselves at European clubs first. Neymar for 20 million is fine but paying 50 for a player who has not proved himself in Europe is unheard of.

Although I should add that I still think he has huge potential, it's just a question of whether he will be Malaga/arsenal/Napoli quality or Barca/bayern/united quality.

Unbiased United

My predictions:

Neymar-in (I bet we'll negotiate it down to say 37 million which is still too much)
de Gea-in (if Man United buy the Stoke keeper then they are going to be more likely to sell de Gea)
Valdes-stays (We'll need him for one more year as the new goalkeeper settles)
Hummels- not going to happen (there seem to be too many obstacles in the way for this transfer to really accumulate with his transfer fee, wages, our interest, etc.)
Some other cheaper CB-in (I think this is destined to happen, we'll either go for someone young or we'll go for someone reliable but not amazing)
Aguero-definitely not going to happen (just like Hummels's case, there will be too many obstacles and his transfer fee would be astronomical)

I'd be beyond surprised if we let De Gea leave I really would. A good keeper with the potential to be the best, and you can bet that if I know that, then a genius like SAF will know it too. To stay at United for at least the length of time it takes to see if his potential is realised.... After that who knows.

I think the Aguero one is actually more likely. A top player, not playing at the level he can do, City not hitting the heights they should be....a long shot perhaps, but not ridiculously so imo.

Cule4life

The Culest
Im not saying Neymar doesn't have potential but with the kind of money we will end up paying fro him (40m) we can easily go for proven great wingers like Reus, Aguero who can score goals. Neymar got dominated by Glen Johnson and that Sanchez-esque finish :facepalm1:
We need three players to complete our squad- Hummels/Howedes, Reus/Aguero, Ter Stegen/De Gea/Begovic. Time for a German invasion in Barcelona

Doobs

The Messiah
If our scouts are any good we won't get him, especially for that insane price.

Been saying this for awhile now, zero reason to keep him in Brasil apart from ego massage ahead of WC'14 - he'll be brought back down to earth in Europe as it's clear he still has a lot to work on in his game...The two sitters alone are ones top European strikers rarely botch nevermind one touted as the future Ballon D'Or winner. In fact, Oscar still looks like a better overall player to me

Don't forget Paulinho who looks like a great talent too, he has an incredible engine.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I'm really starting to hope this entire transfer falls through and doesn't happen. We'd be much better off sticking with canteros as Deulo is nearing promotion and various other promising youngsters are rising through the ranks (Sandro, Rafinha, Dongou, Ebwelle, Adama, etc). Also, Neymar coming in is definitely going to be bad news for Tello, Cuenca, and even Deulofeu. With so many wingers, it's going to be a huge battle to get any playing time. And theres a big chance he'll get undeserved playing time just to pay off his price tag and the coaching staff is going to completely overlook his flaws and not give a chance to the others.

B

beautifulgame

Classic English knee-jerk reaction to any footballing event that occurs involving any form of outside football with the English game. Remember 2 months ago when everyone decided that Ibra was, in fact, a good player or 8 months ago when Pirlo was suddenly the best player in Europe, etc.

One average performance by Neymar with a set of English eyes on him and suddenly he is, always has been and always will be an average player!?

Yeah, very good.

THIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans