Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadentheman

Because the skills, tricks, and the swag. He's a very good player. He reminds me of Ronaldinho and I don't wanna miss another moment of someone this good and entertaining. Because I love the tricks and flicks when used right. There really isn't a way to explain this.

DennyCrane

Apparently Bayern is also very intrested in Neymar...

Bayern won't buy players straight from South America anymore, they even closed their scouting divisions there. You know why ? All these players came with big expectations, yet nearly none of them could fulfill.

- Mazinho and Bernardo: flop
- Adolfo Valencia aka El Tren aka the Entlauber (defoliater, is that even a word ?): flop + couldn't score if his life depended on it
- Jose Ernesto Sosa: flop
- Paolo Guerrero: flop
- Martin Demichelis: not a flop, had some good years with Bayern until Van Gaal came around
- Roque Santa Cruz: Starting position... on the bench
- Breno: flop + stole barbiturates from the clubs' medicine cabinet + fined for 3 1/2 years for arson for burning his house down. After he served his sentence, he'll most likely be evicted.
- Julio dos Santos: flop

8/9 flops.

Tomchin

Bayern won't buy players straight from South America anymore, they even closed their scouting divisions there. You know why ? All these players came with big expectations, yet nearly none of them could fulfill.

- Adolfo Valencia aka El Tren aka the Entlauber (defoliater, is that even a word ?): flop + couldn't score if his life depended on it
- Martin Demichelis: not a flop, had some good years with Bayern until Van Gaal came around
- Breno: flop + stole barbiturates from the clubs' medicine cabinet + fined for 3 1/2 years for arson for burning his house down. After he served his sentence, he'll most likely be evicted.

8/9 flops.
Isn't Gustavo Brasilian too? He was great in the CL last year?

DennyCrane

Isn't Gustavo Brasilian too? He was great in the CL last year?

Of course, and Dante is brasilian too. And many others like e.g. Lucio, Ze Roberto were too. But they didn't came straight from South America. Gustavo came from Hoffenheim, Lucio/Ze Roberto from Leverkusen, Dante from Mönchengladbach. Point is, Bayern have a policy of not buying players straight from South America anymore, because of the many flops they had. They want the potential player to gain experience in Europe before they consider buying him. Which is why I think that it's highly unlikely they'll go for Neymar.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
FINALLY SOMEONE SOLVES THE QUESTION THAT ALWAYS WANDERED IN MY HEAD!!

Tomchin is the MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

8/9 flops.

Pretty much the same for Barca. All signings straight from SA, except Maradona, flopped here (this must be 10th time I'm repeating this here).
Truth be told, Sorin was alright but he was on loan I believe.

Since 1982.

Maradona
Aloisio
Giovanni
Pellegrino
Geovanni
Saviola
Bonano
Rochemback
Sorin - was solid
Riquelme
Maxi Lopez
Henrique
Keirrison

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Maradona was the exception.....perhaps Neymar will be too.....

I just don't think any second tier clubs can attract/afford Neymar.

Only two clubs can attract Neymar - Real and Barca. The only clubs that can afford him apart from those two are Man C, Chelsea, Man U (if they sell Rooney), PSG and Bayern.

As I said previously imo it would be from a sporting point of view very beneficial if you bought Neymar in the summer and loaned him to a la liga/european team for the 13/14 season so that he can acclimatise to european conditions and the european culture and in doing so not doing any harm to Barca's chances of success next year as Barca won't need to accommodate him for that year.

Alas in the Barca board I doubt they see things from a sporting point of view.

Co0ter

Maradona was the exception.....perhaps Neymar will be too.....

I just don't think any second tier clubs can attract/afford Neymar.

Only two clubs can attract Neymar - Real and Barca. The only clubs that can afford him apart from those two are Man C, Chelsea, Man U (if they sell Rooney), PSG and Bayern.

As I said previously imo it would be from a sporting point of view very beneficial if you bought Neymar in the summer and loaned him to a la liga/european team for the 13/14 season so that he can acclimatise to european conditions and the european culture and in doing so not doing any harm to Barca's chances of success next year as Barca won't need to accommodate him for that year.

Alas in the Barca board I doubt they see things from a sporting point of view.

Given his hype, even if we got him for a "bargain" like 32-37 million, we would never loan him- his name is just too big at this point. I'd prob loan him to a top Dutch or German team and see how he does. But what if he doesn't do super well, do we not take a chance on him playing for our team...after that much of an investment? I just dont see it as being realistic at this point.

Antimadridista1

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff

Ramalho (coach Santos): "If Neymar leaves, he should join Barça. Romario, Ronaldo and Rivaldo played there too and were the world's bests."

Ramalho (coach Santos): "The people close to him say Neymar will stay until 2014, but I think he will then join Barcelona." [la xarxa]

After Sandro Rosell told that the staff was interested by Neymar and now this... It looks like he'll join Barcelona this summer and not after world cup because Santos will most probably try to get money.
Good new ?

Jadentheman

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff

Ramalho (coach Santos): "If Neymar leaves, he should join Barça. Romario, Ronaldo and Rivaldo played there too and were the world's bests."

Ramalho (coach Santos): "The people close to him say Neymar will stay until 2014, but I think he will then join Barcelona." [la xarxa]

After Sandro Rosell told that the staff was interested by Neymar and now this... It looks like he'll join Barcelona this summer and not after world cup because Santos will most probably try to get money.
Good new ?

Santos knows if he possibly flops at the world cup ethen they can't charge as much because he didn't fufill that hyper. The only time is now and they are given practically perfect conditions for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans