Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

He had a good game.

He was direct and limited the stepovers, he showed that he can pick a pass, kept it simple and worked hard at closing Italian players down.

Looks like he is maturing as a player even though there was a few dives thrown in there.

Armando929

He had some brilliant moments though he drifted in and out of the game. I still don't think he'd fit the Barcelona system because he dwells too long on the ball and overdoes it with the tricks but for Brazil, its good.

Brazil's defense is terrible, though. I can't see them winning anything with that backline.

F

Flavia

He had a good game. Dived a few times, but also restrained from diving on other occasions. He can be fixed on that regard. Could've had 2 assists, if not for that blunder from hulk.

spark

Isnt this him with the pass before Fred's goal?

Of course Hulk messed up the cross as per usual but that goal started with him too. He had some good feints that confused Barzagli but then Fred and Hulk would mess up the return ball :facepalm:. Playing with other link up players at our club will only enhance his effectiveness. Only Oscar and Marcelo really get him on his flank. Hulk just shoots on sight.

MoFroBo

Had a good game. Honestly it was a first game that I watched him live and I thought he was more selfish, but today he was setting up his team mates quite often. By todays performance I would definitely not call him 60M wonder kid.

Gosh I remember when R9 was of his age, Neymar got nothing on him.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I'm somewhat impressed (even if Jaden is overly exaggerating his performance) but there needs to be continuity. I don't like it when people like Jaden are jumping up with joy now, but were completely silent during the England game. There has to be some compromise on judging him as he's not always doing great but he's not always horrible. If he can replicate this regularly against top defenses, he won't be a flop. Of course though he will likely never be near Cristiano and Messi level. And remember, just because he performed well doesn't mean that he is needed at Barca.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't like it when people like Jaden are jumping up with joy now, but were completely silent during the England game.

You should try to remember better as you were posting at the time.

Neymar is playing like Alexis currently. Now I have to tone down my Alexis hate for awhile

I think he got shutdown rather quickly and that contributed. He needs to exploit his space more. In Brazil he's very spoiled because he has tons of space

I do admit that he has been largely invisible against England. Maybe he needs to move to Europe asap to get used to the types of defenses he will face in 2014. Because staying in Brasil will=Disaster.

Could be more. 3 quotes will do though.
Next time try to think before you go on accusing someone of something.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, you did say "people like Jaden". So not necessarily him. :)

I was merely annoyed generally as it seems few members here are too quick to judge others.

Jaden is a friendly and positive guy, I would say, and by his own admissions a fanboy, which is ok. It's far worse to be a fanboy and an aggressive hypocrite. And we had those here too.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Well, you did say "people like Jaden". So not necessarily him. :)

I was merely annoyed generally as it seems few members here are too quick to judge others.

Jaden is a friendly and positive guy, I would say, and by his own admissions a fanboy, which is ok. It's far worse to be a fanboy and an aggressive hypocrite. And we had those here too.

Actually it was my poor choice of words in the post. I didn't necessarily mean Jaden I just meant usual fans who are really pro-Neymar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans