Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stric

As someone already said, this entire thing is a disaster waiting to happen. I cannot honestly see a skinny partyloving kid come directly from Santos and do well at Barca. Plus, the fee is bound to be enormous. But the people at the top seem very keen on the idea of buying him, at whatever price. Market football. Disgusting.

Kerrybai

As someone already said, this entire thing is a disaster waiting to happen. I cannot honestly see a skinny partyloving kid come directly from Santos and do well at Barca. Plus, the fee is bound to be enormous. But the people at the top seem very keen on the idea of buying him, at whatever price. Market football. Disgusting.

Considering the commerical benefits his 40-50 price tag isn't that bad. Perhaps he parties but he deserves a chance to prove himself. I for one believe in his talent.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Considering the commerical benefits his 40-50 price tag isn't that bad. Perhaps he parties but he deserves a chance to prove himself. I for one believe in his talent.

Commercial and media benefits aside, he would be a seriously huge burden for the team if he sucks yet gets tons of undeserved playing time at the expense of the youngsters. Is the profit from his shirt sales really more important than the development of the youngsters we have now?

BarcaJack

Honestly Santos would make a mistake keeping him too long. A horrible showing in Confed/World cup will bring everyone in the media against Neymar to pre-label him as a flop. Even Rosell would get hesitant to buy him. Selling him now to the highest bidder is the best way for them to milk the transfer before his price waivers too much.
I'm with DonAndres. Even if Neymar comes to Barca he still has to face Brazilian world cup, the impossible mission. I wonder whether he can handle that.

Kerrybai

Commercial and media benefits aside, he would be a seriously huge burden for the team if he sucks yet gets tons of undeserved playing time at the expense of the youngsters. Is the profit from his shirt sales really more important than the development of the youngsters we have now?

I'm all for la masia products. I hope tello etc all succeed however I feel that Sanchez needs to go, unless he proves himself in these remaining games. Pedro may also have lost his touch at Barca. Neymars arrival means someone will have to leave, and hopefully with rotation our youngsters will still get the chance to prove themselves.

Robbie

Today is the today Neyhaters. Another chance for Neymar to prove he can face European teams.

So far he faced Holland and England, and all he did was dive the moment anyone went near him. I'm not exaggerating either, there's video evidence (and no goals from him). Will he change his approach? I'm not sure about that. The great players he's compared to (Messi, Ronaldo, Pele :lol: ) had an unstoppable hunger for scoring. He seems to be more of a showpony of the Quaresma and Robinho mould.

PearLBLacK

Banned
Today is the today Neyhaters. Another chance for Neymar to prove he can face European teams.

Italy rarely take a friendly seriously, certainly not as seriously as England did, and don't they have a WCQ match in a few days? They won't be the true benchmark but at least they're 10x better than what Neymar faces in Brazil. If he chokes here again it'll be a very tough ride for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans