Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerrybai

I'm somewhat impressed (even if Jaden is overly exaggerating his performance) but there needs to be continuity. I don't like it when people like Jaden are jumping up with joy now, but were completely silent during the England game. There has to be some compromise on judging him as he's not always doing great but he's not always horrible. If he can replicate this regularly against top defenses, he won't be a flop. Of course though he will likely never be near Cristiano and Messi level. And remember, just because he performed well doesn't mean that he is needed at Barca.
He won't reach messi/ronaldo level but players rarely do. He may not be needed but another goalscorer on the right wing is needed. Sanchez and Pedro have not been good enough, whether neymar is the solution or not is up for debate but we certainly need someone.

Stric

He won't reach messi/ronaldo level but players rarely do. He may not be needed but another goalscorer on the right wing is needed. Sanchez and Pedro have not been good enough, whether neymar is the solution or not is up for debate but we certainly need someone.

Does Neymar play right wing, though? Excuse my ignorance. :) He's right footed, if I'm not mistaken?

Co0ter

>one move in a friendly against italy who look hardly serious
>suddenly a phenomenal player

it takes alot more than one flick to convience me his worth 92m

Kind of surprised at how biased you're being. Indeed if it was Messi doing that run everyone would be complimenting on how awesome it was. And Italy not serious? I don't know what game you watched but this game was played at a high level with both teams going at it back and forth, it was a great game.

Neymar was awful against England, I wont defend him because he was dreadful. However he was great against Italy, he had a huge part in both goals and set up multiple teamates (including Hulk who is just terrible) throughout the game. At times he could have been more involved, but he didn't do too much wrong when he was and that is good. He also came back to the midfield to help press to win the ball back a few times, I'm not getting TOO excited but I definately liked that.

Worth 92million, hell no. But all this speculation is bullshit to begin with so see it for what it actually is, a good performance from a very talented player. Will he become something great? I don't give a shit what anyone thinks because quite simply, time will tell.

And this wasn't specifically all targeted to you Ammar, just the general outlook of some people.

Last edited:

Kerrybai

I missed the game but I'm glad to hear he did well. Regardless of whether he comes to Barca I'd like to see him succeed. For me he is the most exciting player I've seen play since messi came on the scene.

FC Barcelona

I am not bashing anyone but what is the boards logic in bringing in Neymar? He's basically another guy not yet proven in Europe and he's quite weak physically. He is just going to be bullied around by Ramos and Co. :wacko: Wouldn't it be better to bring in someone like Aguero who Messi likes playing with and are proven to work together? I just don't see Neymar bringing anything new to the table.

raskolnikov

Ro$el wants that Nike Brazilian marketing money, thats why we will end up with Reina and an average cb in the summer along with the 40/50 mil Neymar deal.

PearLBLacK

Banned
Didn't do bad, but could've done better as well. To put it in perspective, Balotelli was better. Either way he progressed from that failure against England.

On the other hand, Italy were leaving so much space defensively. Didn't look like classic Italian defense. They played very beautiful football, credit to Prandelli (who's being linked to Roma post-2014 :wub:), but that defense wasnt as solid as it could and should've been.

Kerrybai

I am not bashing anyone but what is the boards logic in bringing in Neymar? He's basically another guy not yet proven in Europe and he's quite weak physically. He is just going to be bullied around by Ramos and Co. :wacko: Wouldn't it be better to bring in someone like Aguero who Messi likes playing with and are proven to work together? I just don't see Neymar bringing anything new to the table.
As has been pointed out the club wants neymar for commerical reason as well as footballing reasons so its in our best interest that he succeeds.

Last edited:

Isaac_Cuenca23

He had some brilliant moments though he drifted in and out of the game. I still don't think he'd fit the Barcelona system because he dwells too long on the ball and overdoes it with the tricks but for Brazil, its good.

Brazil's defense is terrible, though. I can't see them winning anything with that backline.

Disagree. He showed some nice tiki-taka style one-two's in the midfield in the second half

Rahj

As has been pointed out the club wants neymar for commerical reason as well as footballing reasons so its in our best interest that he succeeds.

true. I mean, commercial success is strongly tied to his success as a player. barca can't just buy him because a considerable part of the football fans in the world likes him now. I'm not 100% certain that he will make it in barcelona, but I really want to see how much he will profit from better team mates.

Andrew M

I am not so worried about the cost of him as he will probably pay for himself in the long term. I do worry about how much say Tito has in all this. I mean, I doubt he is on the phone to Zubi and Rosell asking when the hell is Neymar coming..

just hope Tito is OK with such a media star coming. Quite often when we buy big stars it doesn't go too well...

MoFroBo

Didn't do bad, but could've done better as well. To put it in perspective, Balotelli was better. Either way he progressed from that failure against England.

On the other hand, Italy were leaving so much space defensively. Didn't look like classic Italian defense. They played very beautiful football, credit to Prandelli (who's being linked to Roma post-2014 :wub:), but that defense wasnt as solid as it could and should've been.

Would love Prandelli so much at Roma. If we manage to keep players like Pjanic, DDR, Florenzi, Destro, LAmela and others team will be doing very well under him. He really puts the players on a right track and seems to be such a likeable guy :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans