Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomchin

Pleasantly impressed with that highlights-vid. He seems a lot more mature (in his passing, not doing too many useless step-overs etc.) than I thought.

DucdeOrléans

Whether we need Neymar or not will first be seen the day he actually arrives. There is no doubt that Villa's future is uncertain and moreover he has reached a age where players usually have 1-3 good years left at most. I would be really surprised if Villa stayed beyond 2014 unless he accepts a "Larsson role" which both Sport and El Mundo Deportivo talked about a few weeks ago. But we all know that he is not the kind of player who gladly accepts sparse playing time.

Alexis is another uncertainty. Rumors left and right and objectively speaking he has not performed as most had hoped for during the last 2 seasons. He is definitely a great talent but mentally he seems rather weak. I would like to give him another season but the question is whether the staff agrees? Obviously it will depend on possible offers for him.

Messi and Pedro are obviously not part of this discussion. The buyout clause of Tello was a strange move and I am not sure what will happen with him. I am inclined to think that he will stay now when Cuenca was loaned out to Ajax. The latter will probably be loaned out again.

Tactically speaking Neymar seems like a very good pick given that he can play on the "left wing" and in Messi's current role. Much more so than other rumored players, maybe with the exception of Suárez but he does not seem to be a part of the clubs future plans. Although you can never know.

Last edited:

El Guaje

Whether we need Neymar or not will first be seen the day he actually arrives. There is no doubt that Villa's future is uncertain and moreover he has reached a age where players usually have 1-3 good years left at most. I would be really surprised if Villa stayed beyond 2014 unless he accepts a "Larsson role" which both Sport and El Mundo Deportivo talked about a few weeks ago. But we all know that he is not the kind of player who gladly accepts sparse playing time.

Alexis is another uncertainty. Rumors left and right and objectively speaking he has not performed as most had hoped for during the last 2 seasons. He is definitely a great talent but mentally he seems rather weak. I would like to give him another season but the question is whether the staff agrees? Obviously it will depend on possible offers for him.

Messi and Pedro are obviously not part of this discussion. The buyout clause of Tello was a strange move and I am not sure what will happen with him. I am inclined to think that he will stay now when Cuenca was loaned out to Ajax. The latter will probably be loaned out again.

Tactically speaking Neymar seems like a very good pick given that he can play on the "left wing" and in Messi's current role. Much more so than other rumored players, maybe with the exception of Suárez but he does not seem to be a part of the clubs future plans. Although you can never know.

Why not? Hes been pretty much invisible the past 2 years, so he aint untouchable at all.

DucdeOrléans

Nobody is untouchable in the sense of the word at the end of the day. Having said that then don't expect a imminent departure of Pedro. Especially not when a very similar player (Sánchez) is much more likely to depart. Also don't forget that Pedro has been part of the current and extremely successful setup that has been ongoing since Pep arrived in May 2012. Moreover he has proven his worth for seasons, at the highest stage and when it mattered the most. Continually. Only 25 years of age as well, Spanish and more or less a "local" talent.

Besides Messi then Pedro is the most certain attacker to stay as I see it currently. Sport and El Mundo tend to agree as well when they discuss possible exists this summer.

But we will have to wait and see what happens this summer. Nevertheless I would be very surprised to see Pedro depart this year.

Last edited:

oz187

If Barca go for Neymar, Tello is the one most likely to depart unless Villa decides to leave that is. Bojan and Affelay are both probably out too, and Cuenca will probably stay out on loan.

Stric

I hate to say it, but I cannot see Villa and Neymar here at the same time. It's probably more likely that Villa will leave and Sanchez will stay. Although I'd prefer it if it was the other way around.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Pleasantly impressed with that highlights-vid. He seems a lot more mature (in his passing, not doing too many useless step-overs etc.) than I thought.

I actually agree with this, didn't see the game live but this is the best highlights I've seen if him. Maybe, just maybe, if stops clowning around on and off the field he might make it. BUT, there are many pitfalls.

oz187

I could see a front 3 of Villa/Messi/Neymar with Alexis and Pedro as the options to rotate. Then in another season or 2 when Villa leaves either Sanchez or Pedro would have stepped up, or they get someone else in.

El Guaje

Nobody is untouchable in the sense of the word at the end of the day. Having said that then don't expect a imminent departure of Pedro. Especially not when a very similar player (Sánchez) is much more likely to depart. Also don't forget that Pedro has been part of the current and extremely successful setup that has been ongoing since Pep arrived in May 2012. Moreover he has proven his worth for seasons, at the highest stage and when it mattered the most. Continually. Only 25 years of age as well, Spanish and more or less a "local" talent.

Besides Messi then Pedro is the most certain attacker to stay as I see it currently. Sport and El Mundo tend to agree as well when they discuss possible exists this summer.

But we will have to wait and see what happens this summer. Nevertheless I would be very surprised to see Pedro depart this year.

If Pedro was not from La Masia, he would be more likely to leave than Villa/Sanchez are now. He has been underperforming for 2 straight years (and even got benched by Pep). It does not matter how good he was 2 years ago because what he was doing back then aint gonna win any games today. But yeah, he is most probably staying.

Armando929

Other than Messi and Villa, we really don't have anybody that can consistently score. We have alot of playmakers already who can put the dagger ball in there but at times we lack firepower in front of goal, and thats because the likes of Alexis and Pedro aren't natural goal scorers. Its my honest opinion that Neymar won't make a diffference in this department either but it seems alot of people feel different so I'll leave it at that.

If Neymar arrives, I think Villa will definitely be the one to leave. Maybe Alexis too, though the coaching staff loves him because of his hustle, much like the case with Pedro.

Of course I can't help but wonder that if Neymar starts missing sitters as well, what will everyone start saying then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans