Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ammarfcb

ze special one
back to destroying 2nd division brazilian teams in unofficial games i see.

wood buy for 50m and give him 2nd highest salary/10

Really good performances lately. He's convincing me step by step

btw he put on weight a bit or is it just me?

Lol with me its the other way around, I use to think he will be the heir to CR7 and claim his throne the second best player in the world, now I have my doubts whether he will become even the 3rd-7th best player in the world.

Robbie

Bolivia is lower than Zambia in the fifa world rankings. 90% of their squad plays in the Bolivian league. How is his performance against a bunch of semi-pros supposed to convince anyone about playing for one of the best clubs in the world, in one of the toughest leagues in the world?

Jadentheman

Bolivia is lower than Zambia in the fifa world rankings. 90% of their squad plays in the Bolivian league. How is his performance against a bunch of semi-pros supposed to convince anyone about playing for one of the best clubs in the world, in one of the toughest leagues in the world?

It's the same team that drew 1-1 with Argentina and Messi

F

Flavia

that game was at a very high altitude stadium. dunno about this one but flavia's post implies this one was in normal altitude.

a friendly and a world cup quialfer aren't the same anyway
Yep, santa cruz de la sierra is only 425m above sea level, against the 3660m of la paz.

Robbie

Neymar's being compared to Messi, who at one point scored 72 goals in all competition... over 50 in La Liga. Can I at least see one example of him scoring against European opposition? Even one goal? Messi scored 72, can I see one from Neymar?

It's like that story "the Emperor has no clothes". I'm hearing all these amazing things about Neymar, seeing him on the cover of Time Magazine as "the Next Pele", all these commercials. All this hype. But no proof. Nothing. At least he won't have anywhere to hide in 2014. A billion people will watch him and see for themselves.

Jadentheman

Yeah well it will also show how well the Brazilian league is at preparing prospects for big tourneys. If Neymar does certainly flop in 2014, then I don't think Santos or any Brazilian club will hold their next star until the next World Cup.

Armando929

The question I have is what would be better for the Brazilian squad? Should Neymar go to Europe and play for a big club with lots of pressure, or should they keep him in Brazil until 2014 so that way he can focus on the World Cup and afterwards go to Europe? Is his growth really stunted or is he as good as he's gonna get?

Plus wouldn't Santos still get a lot of money even if they wait till 2014 to let him go because of Brazilian economic laws? If this is the case, I could see him staying till 2014.

Galning

He should've moved to a random European club a long time ago. Even if Brazil are planning to do great in the WC, which I assume they want, I don't see Neymar being the superstar.

khaled_a_d

Neymar's being compared to Messi, who at one point scored 72 goals in all competition... over 50 in La Liga. Can I at least see one example of him scoring against European opposition? Even one goal? Messi scored 72, can I see one from Neymar?

It's like that story "the Emperor has no clothes". I'm hearing all these amazing things about Neymar, seeing him on the cover of Time Magazine as "the Next Pele", all these commercials. All this hype. But no proof. Nothing. At least he won't have anywhere to hide in 2014. A billion people will watch him and see for themselves.

Well,I think he is very good player tbh, a future star too
That said , a comparison with Pele (who is arguably the greatest player of all time and at least Brazil greatest player ever) and Messi who might be the greatest player in the history of European team when he retires and at least will be considered our best player ever ,is just a bit too much ,This will lead to a big disappointment even if he turns to be really good

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I expect Neymar to dominate the weaker teams during the group stages of the World Cup. That'll bring some major support for him for the time being. But if/when Brazil come crashing out against a team with a solid defense all eyes will look at Neymar who will lose quite a bit of his reputation.

In my opinion, he is a minnow-slayer and that's where a huge deal of his hype comes from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans