Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

T.I.

Dont think any club will spend 60m for him as was reported somewhere. Price will decrease after serious negotations start. Personally i wouldnt mind if we bought him in 2012 or 2013. Villa is getting old.

Yugi

tumblr_lkhb4hbgvZ1qad9dvo1_500.gif

Gerard doesn´t approve this

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Would much rather an Uruguayan defender, if La Masia won't produce jack.

Or.... SAKHO!

Well I'd of course prefer a Uruguayan :p, but I have less faith in La Masia's defensive prospects compared to the attackers in the system. I rather like Sergi Gomez though.

DucdeOrléans

I read the article. Cristiano Ronaldo doesn't drink alcohol either, but as soon as he steps foot on the football pitch he turns into a petulant brat. And as far as I know Ronaldo didn't knock someone up at 19, which is hardly the sign of maturity.

I don't doubt his heart is in the right place. It's his head I'm worried about. The size of that ego on a 19 year old who has accomplished hardly anything is very worrying.

He has potential, but so do kids in La Masia, and kids throughout the world who will cost a lot less and come with a lot less baggage.

Anyway I don't expect to convince you anything, just like with Aguero it was never about the level of talent.

Articles you mean.

I can't see the point in mentioning Ronaldo. Completely different personalities. Ronaldo's ego is way bigger than Neymar's. There is not even a competition. Neymar has praised Messi and FCB on several occasions, something that took Ronaldo several years to say. Neymar's media appearences are much like those of Alves and Robinho. Plenty of fun and sometimes childlish behaviour but nothing in common with Ronaldo or Mourinho for that matter ( Here I am refering to their ego and cocky behaviour)

That said he is still a kid (he is only 19 years old ffs and labeled as the biggest star in Brazilian football already) and has had his problems but he has learned and improved greatly as I told you since last year. This is clear for all to see (those who actually follow him).

When have Neymar knocked someone up?

So we should not have bought Alexis then or Cesc as we have Sergi Roberto/Alcantara/Espinosa and Deulofeu?

People need to understand the history of the club they follow. Barcelona have and always will buy big stars. That will not change. No need to mention Kubala, Kocsis, Cruyff, Neeskens, Maradona etc.

If a player is good and as talented as Neymar then there will be interest (if his purchase is approved by Pep, which looks like being the case, see EMD's articles regarding the Neymar rumours).

Simple as that.

Especially when there is a potentially huge economic prospect in signing him (he will probably be the future star of Brazilian football).

Götze is a completely different player. He can't play in the attack in a 4-3-3. Much like Ôzil. There was a reason why we did not buy him last summer when we had the opportunity.

And there is no way that we will pay 60 million euros for Neymar if his buy-out clause is 45m euros.

Last edited:

DucdeOrléans

Would much rather promote La Masia players, pay off the debt and renovate Camp Nou.

Who says that those initiatives can't be made if we signed Neymar? Recently the club proposed a plan for that exact thing. I posted it in the Camp Nou thread.

There won't be economic failures such as the one with Zlatan as long as Rosell is the boss. You can be sure of that. Look at Rosell's profession, former jobs etc. He is much like Pérez in that department. (economic wise).

But we will get more details when the assembly and socios meet the 24th September.;)

rmpcsl

Hey guys it is only in 2013 summer! I think it is a good thing to have the best young players in the world under radar dont you?
There are still 2 years to check him out lets pay attention to him and we will see what happens.
What we really need is substitutes for Puyol and Abi/Maxwell in 2012 summer and we need to focus on that first then we go for Villa Sub in 2013 that should be the best player possible cause it could the last money we will spend for couple of years.
I really dont think Neymar blocks Delofeu there will be room for both like Fabregas/Thiago and we must understand that not everyone from B team is good enough for the first team.
Personally I can see this in 2013:
Alexis/Messi/Neymar
Pedro/Rafinha/Delofeu
And if we sell Villa and Affelay well and maybe include Keirrison/Henrique in the transfer plus Nike Qatar money it will be less expensive then everybody thinks.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
It's human nature though. This team has everything going for it chemistry wise, but chemistry is a delicate thing. You better pray Pep doesn't get burned out, because I can't see this system surviving after him. In the short term I'm not worried at all though.

like I said, it all depends who replaces Pep.

although obviously I hope Pep never leaves. :pep:

There's a chance Neymar will mature; a good one, but also a good one that like his predecessor media produced "next big thing from Brazil", Robinho, he never fully gets it. I just think tapping a player up two seasons in advance because he's marketable is ridiculous, especially when you have the best youth program on the continent.

well who knows if he's tapping him up or not. he was asked a question about his friend and he said "yes, I'd love to have him here." and I'm sure he would help, why wouldn't he? and although the move would take place in 2013 the idea is to get it done now so that Madrid can't buy him.

don't get me wrong, he's not my first or even second choice to replace Villa in a few years. but we all knew this would happen. Sandro has way too much of a chubby for Brazilians to let this kid go without a fight.

as for the hype getting to him: it only got to Robinho because his agent had him make spectacularly bad moves. first he went to Real too early. but okay, he made the most of that and settled and was the key force behind the 07/08 Title. then they tried to use Robinho as a makeweight, which understandably pissed him off, and his agent capitalised on this. the move to City was disastrous, and the move to Milan wasn't much better at all. he should have stayed with Santos, on loan or however, he should have made that happen.

DucdeOrléans

Hey guys it is only in 2013 summer! I think it is a good thing to have the best young players in the world under radar dont you?
There are still 2 years to check him out lets pay attention to him and we will see what happens.
What we really need is substitutes for Puyol and Abi/Maxwell in 2012 summer and we need to focus on that first then we go for Villa Sub in 2013 that should be the best player possible cause it could the last money we will spend for couple of years.
I really dont think Neymar blocks Delofeu there will be room for both like Fabregas/Thiago and we must understand that not everyone from B team is good enough for the first team.
Personally I can see this in 2013:
Alexis/Messi/Neymar
Pedro/Rafinha/Delofeu
And if we sell Villa and Affelay well and maybe include Keirrison/Henrique in the transfer plus Nike Qatar money it will be less expensive then everybody thinks.

According to Estadao it was January 2013. But that can change really quickly. What is certain is that he will stay until next summer. (Santos are having a centenário coming up in spring 2012).

Fine points but this is not a thread for future signings, but Neymar. ;)

DucdeOrléans

Meta;

Robinho has been pretty decent for Milan so I would not call it a bad move at all. That said you have a point that his agent ruined it for him (he is also to blame for it) The kidnapping of his mother probably also had a impact.

But apart from that Robinho was not as big a talent as Neymar. Already now Neymar is as good as Robinho IMO. He was the most dangerous player in the Copa América for Brazil and outshined both Robinho and Pato.

Yugi

Meta;

Robinho has been pretty decent for Milan so I would not call it a bad move at all. That said you have a point that his agent ruined it for him (he is also to blame for it) The kidnapping of his mother probably also had a impact.

But apart from that Robinho was not as big a talent as Neymar. Already now Neymar is as good as Robinho IMO. He was the most dangerous player in the Copa América for Brazil and outshined both Robinho and Pato.

nope from what I´ve seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans