Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yugi

Not at all... Guardiola is ruthless in pushing out players. If he gets even the smell of a bad atmosphere Neymar would be out the next flight

sure, but why having an over-priced ego? I wouldnt understand this deal at all

//he would most probably be worst buy in history of barcelona if pep sent him out of the squad

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
@Yugi
What are you talking man!? We are a club who made a gamble on a 28 year old striker by paying 68m EUROS... Neymar is neither that old nor is he gonna cost that much!!

Neymar is probably worth the trouble... If he clicks, it's magic. If not, just another failed transfer which is definitely not gonna be our costliest mistake

DucdeOrléans

If we sign him I'd imagine it'll have been very little to do with Pep and a lot to do with Rosell.

Try and read the latest discussion in this thread or the Spanish reports I posted earlier today. And ask yourself this simple question.

Would Rosell sign a player for minimum 45m euros without the approval of Pep? You actually believe that?

Madre mia, some people...

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
According to my theory.... Rosell is already put in his place by Pep. So I'm not too sure if the transfer is going to happen, while Pep is still here, it will have nothing to do with him

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
Try and read the latest discussion in this thread or the Spanish reports I posted earlier today. And ask yourself this simple question.

Would Rosell sign a player for minimum 45m euros without the approval of Pep? You actually believe that?

Madre mia, some people...
Given the relationship of sporting director and coach at Barcelona over the past few years, I wouldn't put it past them.

But that's not what I said anyway. I didn't say without the approval but rather the Neymar initiative would undoubtedly have been predominantly Rosell-led.

I don't think it'll happen anyway, he's Madrid-bound in January or next summer imo.

E

estranged

@el estel you missed the point of mine and yugis post, of course pep is known for not tolerating egotist assholes but why should we gamble 50-60 mil on him in the first place? you mentioned ibra as an excuse but shouldn't that be a lesson for us not to spend big on a single player, especially someone who is not even as proven as ibra was back in 2009. as someone else already said this is why i can't believe we are looking at him, i just can't believe that pep is so interested in him, i just can't believe pep giving a thumbs up to this even if it is true which is quite doubtful anyway. pep is a human he makes mistakes but he always learns from them very quickly.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
@el estel you missed the point of mine and yugis post, of course pep is known for not tolerating egotist assholes but why should we gamble 50-60 mil on him in the first place? you mentioned ibra as an excuse but shouldn't that be a lesson for us not to spend big on a single player, especially someone who is not even as proven as ibra was back in 2009. as someone else already said this is why i can't believe we are looking at him, i just can't believe that pep is so interested in him, i just can't believe pep giving a thumbs up to this even if it is true which is quite doubtful anyway. pep is a human he makes mistakes but he always learns from them very quickly.

Pep himself may be interested in the player. He's surely gonna get good feedback from Alves & Adriano.
Just imagine that Neymar clicked with our mid field stars and our super-star... That would be MAGIC. Other clubs could just shut their shops

When I mentioned Ibra transfer fiasco I meant that it's not too far fetched that the club would be willing to gamble on Neymar

DucdeOrléans

Given the relationship of sporting director and coach at Barcelona over the past few years, I wouldn't put it past them.

But that's not what I said anyway. I didn't say without the approval but rather the Neymar initiative would undoubtedly have been predominantly Rosell-led.

I don't think it'll happen anyway, he's Madrid-bound in January or next summer imo.

Fair point but have you forgot the good relationship between Zubi and Pep? According to most sources it was nearly the opposite of the Txiki-Pep combination (Remember Keirrison and Henrique?) Have anyone wondered why Pep did not give a chance to any of them? Apart from them being shit, they were bought withoiut the approval of Pep (according to the rumours). That has yet to happen under Rosell.

Rosell certainly has pulled his connections in Brazil but as I said not without the approval of Pep. You can be certain on that one.

A week ago it looked like he was Madrid bound. I am not so sure anymore.

Last edited:

DucdeOrléans

Every transfer is a gamble dispite the obvious talent of the targets when the prize is 50-60 million euros.

BTW his buyout clause is 45m euros.

So because Ibra flopped every other expensive player that is not Spanish will flop? I don't get the logic. And why the comparison with Ibra? Totally different characters and footballers.

Yeah one can't be able to imagine that Pep might be interested in the biggest talent in Brazil right now that has proven himself for the Brazilian national football team (6 goals in 11 games) lead his team to the most prestigious club tournament after the CL and won it etc.

Especially if the player will arrive in 1,5 years when Villa probably will be lacking in level.

Why so pessimistic?

barcafc

Neymar: "I am pleased that the two biggest clubs are interested in me, but I don`t want to get involved in a war between Barcelona and Real Madrid". "The only thing I can say that anything won`t happen untill the end of the Club world cup"

Pep likes Neymar?
View attachment 3639

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
Fair point but have you forgot the good relationship between Zubi and Pep? According to most sources it was nearly the opposite of the Txiki-Pep combination (Remember Keirrison and Henrique?) Have anyone wondered why Pep did not give a chance to any of them? Apart from them being shit, they were bought withoiut the approval of Pep (according to the rumours). That has yet to happen under Rosell.

Rosell certainly has pulled his connections in Brazil but as I said not without the approval of Pep. You can be certain on that one.

A week ago it looked like he was Madrid bound. I am not so sure anymore.
Your first point is exactly why I have my suspicions. Zubi is better at his job than Txiki but Rosell has a serious hard-on for Brazilians and Neymar especially (it seems).

In any case, I don't think we want him enough to go head to head with Madrid. He'd fit the profile of a Perez signing if Madrid have a relatively unsuccessful season imo.

E

estranged

EMD talks shit most of the time so lets hope that's the case now as well. I just can not see us splashing so much on him anytime soon, especially given that he's so raw, expensive and taking into account that we spent a lot in this transfer window as well, especially if Rosell's cries of we're shit broke is anything to go by.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
We're going to need a fourth forward in 2 years or so to replace Big Dave. Neymar will probably be one of the options unless he's already moved to Madrid.

Who knows? He might mature in that time. Neymar, Alexis, Pedro and Messi would be pretty sexual.

But I dunno, I'd prefer to think that Rafinha and Gerard make the grade and could just be promoted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans