Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcbdna

Banned
The thing here is that the possibility of him flopping is much higher than succeeding. We said what if we bring Keirrison and he would turn out to be next coming of Pele? Madrid said what if we bring Robinho and he would be the next Ronaldo? Milan said what if we bring Pato and he would be raping whole Europe just like the Kaka?

Pato was only unfortunate and plagued by injuries not his fault if you ask me. As for Robinho, he was pretty good until he got hooked on coke (as stated by Pele)

yeah we not sure if lewandowski,suarez,hummels ect will succeed to, when we bought ibra a few thought he would succeed so this assumption that neymar will mos def flop should apply to any other player. Neymar would be a good add to the team with a defender and goalkeeper.

+1 assumptions are assumptions. Doesn't matter whether the player is a proven in Europe or not. Ibra was the highest goal scorer 3 times in a row in the Serie A. When he joined us he was a HUMONGOUS flop.

Last edited:

spring

i don't know how someone can compare kierson with neymar? and even pato? no one never was as successful as him with this age in Brazil! even our big ronaldinho and rivaldo wasn't like him! and everyone who says this is just because of medias, is a ....!
abcdefg%20%2879%29.gif

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
I wish Neymar would take on people like this in Brazil again. This is why I fell in affection for him. I hope he does this at Barca. Speaking of which this video showcases his finishing skills. Could Alexis really score in these situations?

As much as I love Alexis, he would never have scored most of these goals.

B

Bob88

It is a lazy comparison to compare him to Robinho, he is far better than he was.

Do you remember the hype when Robinho was in Brasil?

Barca and Real were fighting for seasons to sign him.
Marca/As and Sport/El Mundo deportivo were using "tricks" every single day to get his signature for "their" club

In Brasil they were saying that he is the next Pele and much better player than Ronaldinho
Pele was saying that Robinho is the only player who can achieve things that he did
Users and journalists were praising him all over the world for his amazing skills and tricks

In fact, the hype was even bigger than the current Neymar's hype

I just don't see any logical reason why people think that Neymar would be a good deal

He could turn out to be a success, but he could turn out to be a huge flop
The chances are 50:50, or more likely, 60:40 or 70:30 for a flop

The trick is, you don't go and spend 40 Millions for a player who is 50:50 gamble

It is much safer to buy a 20-30-40M player who is already proven in Europe (like Bayern buying Gotze. He can't be a flop, he has proven himself in Europe. Neymar hasn't)

After Neymar, 12 Months later, Brasilian press will have "the next big thing, the next Pele"

And since Rivaldo, Ronaldo and Ronaldinho, all Brasilian players in the last 10 years were just "meh" and not good enough for Real or Barca's standard.
I just can't buy that Neymar story

Last edited:
B

Bob88

The transfer of Santos player Neymar (21) to Barcelona could be officially announced when the season has ended. [mundo deportivo]

Oh, well, that's it then

we are done then, and we will not win CL in the next 4-5 Seasons with all money splashed on this clown. Thank you Rosell :(

We are returning to Gaspart's era with horrible spending and transfers :(

fcbdna

Banned
Oh, well, that's it then

we are done then, and we will not win CL in the next 4-5 Seasons with all money splashed on this clown. Thank you Rosell :(

Marvelous way of reasoning. Please mention one player in the present attack line besides Messi, who is technically better?

B

Bob88

I know everyone says that Neymar can't play in Barcelona because there'll be a clash of ego's with Messi, but what if it turns out to be one of the craziest partnerships in modern football. What if Messi hands down some of his "power" and responsibility to Neymar. The best of Brazil playing alongside the best of Argentina? We'd be privileged to witness something like that work out. Shaq and Kobe. Jordan-Pippen. Neymar-Messi? Haha maybe I'm just too much of a dreamer.

The only problem is that Neymar has nothing to do with the quality of Shaq, Kobe, Pippen etc

He is just a Pedro who dribbles more and work less on the field
And will cost us 40Millions :(

B

Bob88

Marvelous way of reasoning. Please mention one player in the present attack line besides Messi, who is technically better?

So, because our Pedro and Alves are horrible, then spending 40M for an average guy is a good deal?

Marvelous way of reasoning from you too, mate

For that money we could have bought some world class, proven player, who would be better than both Pedro/Alexis and Neymarinho

mixer

I wish Neymar would take on people like this in Brazil again. This is why I fell in affection for him. I hope he does this at Barca. Speaking of which this video showcases his finishing skills. Could Alexis really score in these situations?

Alexis wouldn't have scored even the penalties :lol:

El Guaje

So, because our Pedro and Alves are horrible, then spending 40M for an average guy is a good deal?

Marvelous way of reasoning from you too, mate

For that money we could have bought some world class, proven player, who would be better than both Pedro/Alexis and Neymarinho

What makes you so sure that Neymar will be just another average player? Pretty much everything indicates otherwise.

khaled_a_d

Do you remember the hype when Robinho was in Brasil?

Barca and Real were fighting for seasons to sign him.
Marca/As and Sport/El Mundo deportivo were using "tricks" every single day to get his signature for "their" club

In Brasil they were saying that he is the next Pele and much better player than Ronaldinho
Pele was saying that Robinho is the only player who can achieve things that he did
Users and journalists were praising him all over the world for his amazing skills and tricks

In fact, the hype was even bigger than the current Neymar's hype

I just don't see any logical reason why people think that Neymar would be a good deal

He could turn out to be a success, but he could turn out to be a huge flop
The chances are 50:50, or more likely, 60:40 or 70:30 for a flop

The trick is, you don't go and spend 40 Millions for a player who is 50:50 gamble

It is much safer to buy a 20-30-40M player who is already proven in Europe (like Bayern buying Gotze. He can't be a flop, he has proven himself in Europe. Neymar hasn't)

After Neymar, 12 Months later, Brasilian press will have "the next big thing, the next Pele"

And since Rivaldo, Ronaldo and Ronaldinho, all Brasilian players in the last 10 years were just "meh" and not good enough for Real or Barca's standard.
I just can't buy that Neymar story

Barca never really wanted Robinho that much tbh ,we had R10 who was in in his prime and the management knew how good Messi was back then
I don't know how much hyped Robinho was in Brazil ,but it was Madrid Media hyping him I remember back then every Brazilian in Madrid like Ronaldo and Carlos saying he is as good as R10 with more potential for the future,two months in the season and Luxemburgo said it isn't fair to compare him to Messi,good time :lol:
That said Neymar is already much better than Robinho was back then tbh ,far better as a player and the Brazilian league now is actually way stronger than it was too
I really don't like Robinho cpmparison and gotta agree with JamDav1982 it is a lazy one,just like people who like him and compare him to Ronaldinho ,I see a player in between tbh

Kerrybai

Oh, well, that's it then

Relax, one player won't ruin our chances for 4-5 seasons. Neymar has huge potential and will almost certainly be an upgrade from our current wingers Pedro and Sanchez.

B

Bob88

Barca never really wanted Robinho that much tbh ,we had R10 who was in in his prime and the management knew how good Messi was back then
I don't know how much hyped Robinho was in Brazil ,but it was Madrid Media hyping him I remember back then every Brazilian in Madrid like Ronaldo and Carlos saying he is as good as R10 with more potential for the future,two months in the season and Luxemburgo said it isn't fair to compare him to Messi,good time :lol:
That said Neymar is already much better than Robinho was back then tbh ,far better as a player and the Brazilian league now is actually way stronger than it was too
I really don't like Robinho cpmparison and gotta agree with JamDav1982 it is a lazy one,just like people who like him and compare him to Ronaldinho ,I see a player in between tbh

According to Sport and El mundo deportivo in those days, Barca waaaanted him badly
Everyday for 12 Months before he went to Real, you had 2-3 articles about him, and how he should join Barca (there was a talk in Barca's newspapers how Robinho is actually a fan of Barca and that is how they wanted to attract him to Barca)

About Brasilian league getting stronger today, can you please name me a few Brasilian players since 2003-04' who came directly from Brasilian league and made an impact in Europe?

In fact, can you name any Brasilian who made an impact in Europe since Ronaldinho (I can think only of Pepe and Hulk, maybe)

This is why I can't buy story about "a strong Brasilian league" and about players who are doing "wonders" in that strong league

Anyway, feel free to name me some Brasilian superstars in the last 10 years, and I will surely change my opinion about credibility of Neymar's tricks in that super-strong league

Relax, one player won't ruin our chances for 4-5 seasons. Neymar has huge potential and will almost certainly be an upgrade from our current wingers Pedro and Sanchez.

Ok, we won a league even with Pedro and Sanchez, and now we will get a better player to win against teams like Mallorca
So, we were champions without him, and now we paid 40M to be champions again, ok, fine

Let's go to the level up now, teams like Madrid, Bayern and similar
we didn't lose against them because of Pedro, but because of our tactics, pressing and defense

So, there is a chance that now we will not have money for defenders with all money splashed on Neymar

So, let's go back to Bayern:Barca game
Remove Alexis and put Neymar in, do you think it will make any difference?

We will get 2 dribblings more and 5 actions less in which Alexis played defense and where Neymar will not do the same
Will Neymar help to Pique and Bartra in defense?

Anyway, Neymar is not a solution to our problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans