Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcilliant

Santos wins on penalties and into the Final.

P.S. Santos keeper is class. Guessed the side of every penalty.

P.P.S. Neymar bursts in tears alone while everyone rushes to celebrate with Santos keeper.
Pretty pathetic from Neymar.

Perfect for Real or Man U!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It's a regional competition that Santos won 3 times in a row now. It's not that big of a deal. Some would mock it further as they've barely won vs. 3rd division team Mogi Mirim. But.. From what I've seen of Brazilian football, the difference between divisions is not as big as in Spain. I am confident that this Mogi would mop the floor with Barca B, for example.

I reckon Neymar burst into tears because Cabral (Santos gk) stole the show.

B

Bob88

Of course Barca are a much bigger club than Atletico but if Aguero can move to Europe aged 18 with just over 50 league matches played, almost no continental experience and no international experience and become a big success then I see no reason why an older and much more experienced Neymar can't be a huge success.

You take one player who came with 18 years and was a success and yet you don't mention other 10 players who turned to be a flop

There are always examples for both scenarios
The only trick is it worth to risk for that amount of money?

Plus also, about his personality
What if he turns out to be a whiner, cry baby, or a new troublemaker like Balotelli or Adriano (Inter)?

Everything indicates that he has "that" inside of him

B

Bob88

Great post, everyone says the same argument " The Brazilian league is shit" and therefore we're supposed to assume since he didn't start in Europe he could never make it. There's no reason why he can't be a success here. He may not be but I don't see why everyone is so pessimistic about him, he's unbelievably talented and no one can deny that.

Just like 1000s of other former superstars

Denilson was extremely talented, Quaresma also, Robinho also

None of them would/was a success in Barca/Real or similar biggest clubs

JamDav1982

I dont agree with that on Robinho - he was a success at Real Madrid.

People seem to think of him as some sort of european football flop but he was one of Madrids best players at the time of leaving and he has also been the star player at an intl tournament.

I genuinely think people mention the name of Robinho against Neymar as it is fashionable, when in fact he has been a success in europe. Either that or people barely watched when he played for Madrid.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Mention of Aguero is an interesting one. Here's a guy who played three seasons in the Argentinian league, 54 games 23 goals in total, 36 games 18 goals in his final season and played just two games in the Libertadores. He Moved to Atletico Madrid when he was just 18, took one season to adapt to the Spanish league, then scored 19 league goals in his second season. He also didn't make his international debut until after he moved to Atletico.

Now to compare Aguero with Neymar. Neymar has 102 games in the Brazilian league with 54 goals (so he's played almost twice as many games and scored almost twice as many goals, in a much stronger league). Last season Neymar scored 14 goals in 17 league games (a much better strike rate than Aguero in Argentina). Neymar has played 29 games in the Libertadores and scored 15 goals (much more experienced than Aguero at a continental level and a very good strike rate too). He's 21 years old now (so three years older and much more experienced than Aguero when he moved to Europe). Neymar already has 32 caps for Brazil and 20 goals (again much better than Aguero before he came to Europe, who had no international experience).

Of course Barca are a much bigger club than Atletico but if Aguero can move to Europe aged 18 with just over 50 league matches played, almost no continental experience and no international experience and become a big success then I see no reason why an older and much more experienced Neymar can't be a huge success.

Aguero's style suits him to play in Europe. Also he came at an early age so he had time to adapt.

Neymar's style is literally built around making a fool out of below-par defenders and operating in miles of space, something he won't get playing for Barca. Plus he's been playing this way so long with so many flaws that I doubt he'll be able to fully change and adapt to it.

LeoMessi10

So BASICALLY if you aren't a youth team product you're a scrub flop? Is that what I'm hearing? You realize if all every club did was talk about the people who didn't work out they'd never sign anybody? It's time for everyone to stop being such a fortune teller because frankly you don't know nor does anyone else how his future will play out. If we don't give him a chance and madrid or someone else does and he becomes a superstar we would look unbelievably stupid.

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
So BASICALLY if you aren't a youth team product you're a scrub flop? Is that what I'm hearing? You realize if all every club did was talk about the people who didn't work out they'd never sign anybody? It's time for everyone to stop being such a fortune teller because frankly you don't know nor does anyone else how his future will play out. If we don't give him a chance and madrid or someone else does and he becomes a superstar we would look unbelievably stupid.

The biggest problem is he will cost 50m when for the same we can get Aguero. If he cost 20m or less there wouldnt be so much opposition

fcbdna

Banned
The biggest problem is that we have Tello, we don't need to throw away 50mio for Lady Neymar.

Good game tonight and hey look. . . . "We have got Tello"! They play differently. Tello is more of a direct player, similar to Sanchez reason he and Messi don't link up too well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans