Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yannick03

57M ? That's way too much, I better accept we won't be seeing any other transfers, the ones we absolutely need (defenders).

Duke

Pele
Age 17: 29 matches / 36 goals
Age 18: 38 matches / 58 goals
age 19: 32 matches / 45 goals

So stop comparing Neyprick to Pele or Ronaldo and making a bad name for them, Pele never even played in Europe, so sorry for him, but if Neymar wants to be so good, let him stay in Brazil or sell him to Real Madrid to pay us some good cash, don't need bets like this that cost almost 60m euro and never played a single match in Europe.

why don't you apply for cost accounting job at Barcelona? Who the f care what he cost, let the management decide that. This is Rosell not Laporta, so he counts every penny. If he is going to sell shirts for us and he is already one of the world most marketable football player then more money for us. Do the math and stop being negative and pessimistic in all your posts!

JamDav1982

we are a football club and not in shirt selling business! unless neymar helps us win UCL its not a win - win situation! specially for a 57 Mill. player!!

So Ronaldo has not been a good signing for Real as they have not won the CL?

Teams have caught up with Barca and have built sides to compete with the passing game etc.

I get the feeling Neymar could come in and be fantastic but some people will call him a failure as the team won 2 CL's in 3 seasons before he was here.

This current Barca side is not the dominant one of a few years ago and Neymar will improve the team massively in the big game. I am 100% confident of that.

AntiMadridista

I could care less what he costs, how many shirts he sells, etc. None of us work in the front office, so all we should care is if he performs well.

JamDav1982

Sounds like Neymar(Brazil friendlies don't count).

Neymar is by far and away the best player in south america where lots of brilliant young players are coming from all the time.

Neymar has performed in intl matches and in the copa libertadores and was voted one of the top ten players in the world.

JamDav1982

I could care less what he costs, how many shirts he sells, etc. None of us work in the front office, so all we should care is if he performs well.

Which he will.

He is far superior to any wide player at Barcelona. None of which would get in the the starting line ups of other top teams. Added to that he can play 2/3 positions and will allow for the team to be more flexible during games.

He is going to be phenomenal.

cloned warrior

So Ronaldo has not been a good signing for Real as they have not won the CL?

Teams have caught up with Barca and have built sides to compete with the passing game etc.

I get the feeling Neymar could come in and be fantastic but some people will call him a failure as the team won 2 CL's in 3 seasons before he was here.

This current Barca side is not the dominant one of a few years ago and Neymar will improve the team massively in the big game. I am 100% confident of that.

well if he bangs over 40 goals a season then that argument comes into picture, mind u he is still unproven in Europe and has impressed me very little in international stage! I hope he performs well if he comes to us!

LeoMessi10

we are a football club and not in shirt selling business! unless neymar helps us win UCL its not a win - win situation! specially for a 57 Mill. player!!
Obviously, but if we pay a huge sum and make our money back from shirt sales they will justify spending the money now and allot more for other transfers. If we planned to spend 50m in the first place not expecting to have any of our initial investment returned then naturally 50 would be all we spend, but if we think we will regain much of it they are willing to take the risk and go ahead and pay more now if you see what I'm saying. Obviously 57m is a huge amount but I would honestly bet we don't part with even half of that up front for him. Considering Nike of Brazil has been all tied up in this deal from the start maybe they'll underwrite it as they did Ronaldo's? Who knows but have faith that the clubs understand that's a whole lot of money, we aren't the only ones.

AntiMadridista

Which he will.

He is far superior to any wide player at Barcelona. None of which would get in the the starting line ups of other top teams. Added to that he can play 2/3 positions and will allow for the team to be more flexible during games.

He is going to be phenomenal.

I agree. And he takes on defenders, something our other wingers (except Tello) don't do.
We don't need another player to hold the ball and back-pass (Alexis/Pedro)

JamDav1982

well if he bangs over 40 goals a season then that argument comes into picture, mind u he is still unproven in Europe and has impressed me very little in international stage! I hope he performs well if he comes to us!

He has to bang in 40 goals?

That wont happen with Messi in the team I am afraid.

As long as he is an improvement on the players at the club and performs his job that will be enough.

B

Bob88

so on what logic you base your opinion?! Did you follow the player or watched his games?
At his age, his average goal scoring per game is only comparable to Pele and way above Ronaldo, Romario and Ronaldinho

Scoring where? In Brasilian league?

You can check NT matches, he constantly scores against non-european teams

He played 10 or more games against European teams in friendlies
He scored 2 Goals

Even Pedro scores more goals against European teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans