Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

For the amount of money Neymar will cost, I'd rather have Cavani or Aguero. They would cost the same, so, why not one of them? :rosell:

Cavani is CF, how this will work when Messi is always in the middle. That's why I think Neymar is very suitable for Barca. Also regarding his price tag, if he is very marketable then we will make our money back. Spending Euro 40m for Cavani is a money that will not cover.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Cavani would not do well with our style of play, he is used to being the reference point in attack not the 2nd option and his style of play doesn't match ours.

Love to see Aguero but no way is City going to give him up, especially after losing Balotelli and possibly Tevez this summer.

I have dreams of Deulofeu-Messi-Neymar absolutely terrorizing defenses next season

ammarfcb

ze special one
Do i have even to clarify that it is a joke ? Are you kidding me?
I think i am the user with most post against the purchase of pussy Neymar

139. beat that, no one is against buying that shitty futsal pussy as much as i am.

140 now.

DucdeOrléans

It looks very much as a done deal. As it has done for months now. I fully expect the deal to be concluded before next month.

RM's interest is solely a smokescreen IMO. They look more keen on Bale and Agüero/Cavani.

Anyway regardless of Neymar failing or not then his arrival will guarantee revenue. That's more than you can say about all the other flops that were bought in the last 10 years.

MagIX

Neymar is the most marketable player in the world and he is only 21. He's potentially the biggest goldmine in football history thus far. You can't compare him to other players. Barca could potentially make 10s of millions of profit off of him.

:facepalm:
Are we buying a soccer player or a Nike advertising product ? the purpose of buying Pussymar is to help us to win vs big teams like Bayern or RM and not to help us to sell marchandises

139. beat that, no one is against buying that shitty futsal pussy as much as i am.

140 now.

:worthy:

Barcilliant

Cavani would not do well with our style of play, he is used to being the reference point in attack not the 2nd option and his style of play doesn't match ours.

Love to see Aguero but no way is City going to give him up, especially after losing Balotelli and possibly Tevez this summer.

I have dreams of Deulofeu-Messi-Neymar absolutely terrorizing defenses next season

Keep dreaming buddy! Deulofeu is not yet ready and Tito doesnt trust kids. Neymar will be a flop.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
It might sound weird, but I'd play a 3-5-2 when Neymar comes.

----------Neymar/Tello----------Messi/Deloufe-----------

Alba/Sanchez---Iniesta/Cesc--Thiago/Xavi------Alves/Pedro

---------------------Busquets/Song------------------------

------Adriano---Pique/Masch----new CB/defensive RB----------

The 'wingers' could be more defense minded like Alba and Alves, or play Sanchez and Pedro or a combination. Adriano can play both wings and also as defender.
One of Thiago, Cesc or Iniesta could be more attack-minded in this system.
Neymar and Messi each have their 'half' up front and could alternate to help out in driving the ball forward from midfield. Sanchez can also play upfront.

It simply would give us more options and makes us a little more unpredictable. Both Messi and Neymar could alternate as false '9' and also stretch the defense or go out wide sometime - this would open up for Cesc/Thiago/Iniesta in the AM spot. Wingers could play almost as in the system we play today, also alternating being very offense minded, or like against Bayern or other strong teams, stay back a little.
Our DM will fill in for the attack minded AM when in control of the ball since we play with 3 CB's. And Pique could also drive the ball forward (which he does very good) without risking much.
Neymar will push a little more forward than Messi so we actually have somebody in the box from time to time.
But, we could also need one more forward in this system since we can't rely on Pedro to score (but maybe in this system, who knows), Villa is out and Deloufe is far from ready.

Duke

:facepalm:
Are we buying a soccer player or a Nike advertising product ? the purpose of buying Pussymar is to help us to win vs big teams like Bayern or RM and not to help us to sell marchandises

How old are you? Do you understand we have to make money for us to be able to compete, win, retain talents, pay top salaries, fund new players accusation etc.

Are we that naive here?

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
The word is from marketing firms that Neymar has more potential marketability.

However, of course if his career went down the drain so would sponsorships but at the same time, he doesn't have to be good as Messi or robaldo to make more money either.

I don't really get that tbh.. not sure how he'd be so marketable if he keeps up his haircut history

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
How old are you? Do you understand we have to make money for us to be able to compete, win, retain talents, pay top salaries, fund new players accusation etc.

Are we that naive here?

It's a sport. A player should always be primarily brought in for sporting reasons, commercial profits are a secondary bonus. What good would Neymar do if he's just an expensive commercial product that fills a spot in our lineup that could have gone to youth products.

The club needs to make money, but shirt sales from buying Neymar is far from a smart or ethical way to get it. I doubt he would even warrant a decent amount of money from his commercial profits to pay off our debt.

PS. Neymar wouldn't be a tenth of the commercial profit that Ronaldo was for Madrid. Ronaldo had come to them as one of the top players in the world from Manchester United. Both of those clubs have the biggest fanbases in the world who all adored Ronaldo to a huge extent, making him the perfect commercial icon. Shirt sales for him came from a huge percentage of the EPL fanbase around the world let alone the Real Madrid fanbase. Added to that, he brought all his profitable sponsorships from England to Spain. Ronaldo was a face of football and that's why he warranted so much money. Neymar on the other hand won't bring a fraction of the shirt sales Ronaldo had. He'll bring in some money through his sponsorships, but hardly enough to warrant any place in the team.

Last edited:

Paganinisrvnge

Why does everyone think Neymar is suddenly going to make Barcelona an insane amount of money? You guys do realize that we have Lionel Messi, the greatest player ever, half of the Euro, World Cup, and Euro champion Spain team, AND have won 2 Champions Leagues in the past 5 years as well as making 3 other finals...right?

Neymar is just a Rosell obsession. Please read this.

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2012/7/30/3201349/how-much-are-shirt-sales-really-worth

JamDav1982

It's a sport. A player should always be primarily brought in for sporting reasons, commercial profits are a secondary bonus. What good would Neymar do if he's just an expensive commercial product that fills a spot in our lineup that could have gone to youth products.

The club needs to make money, but shirt sales from buying Neymar is far from a smart or ethical way to get it. I doubt he would even warrant a decent amount of money from his commercial profits to pay off our debt.

The basis of signing Neymar is his ability.

The commercial benefits are a bonus and may increase what the club are willing to pay but Neymar is a massive step up on the wide players currently at the club and he can play 2/3 different positions.

Duke

I don't really get that tbh.. not sure how he'd be so marketable if he keeps up his haircut history

Both of you do little research to know exactly how marketable in Neymar, we already discussed that here.

second, for donanderes, Neymar is one of the most wanted player on this planet not only for marketing reason, he is extremely talented and would probably take Barcelona into another level. Also, what youth product that we produced recently on the level of Xavi, Messi, Puyol and Iniesta? Yes we have to try with the youth but lets not kid ourselves and think we can produce world class players every year or two.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Both of you do little research to know exactly how marketable in Neymar, we already discussed that here.

second, for donanderes, Neymar is one of the most wanted player on this planet not only for marketing reason, he is extremely talented and would probably take Barcelona into another level. Also, what youth product that we produced recently on the level of Xavi, Messi, Puyol and Iniesta? Yes we have to try with the youth but lets not kid ourselves and think we can produce world class players every year or two.

I don't need to go more into telling you that Neymar's marketability would do very little for the team, just read the article Paganinisrevenge posted, facts are there too.

If you don't follow our youth progress then allow me to tell you that there are plenty of young players who have the ability to turn world class. Players like Thiago, Deulofeu, Montoya, Rafinha, Samper, Sandro, Dongou, etc. are all amazing, but wasting time focusing on outside players like Neymar will stunt their development. Hell I'd say Deulofeu will be more marketable than Neymar in the future, only difference is that Neymar would cost us a massive amount of money and could very well end up being a burden. We'd be producing a lot more world class youth players if Rosell and co. focused on developing that area of the club instead of buying a high profile media icon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans