Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
everytime I read a "Neymar>Villa" post I want to reach through the computer screen and punch someone. how a 19 year old kid w/ a douchebag (and it is a douchebag haircut, for the definition of swag-tastic see Guardiola, Pep) haircut is better than the best striker on the planet right now, a man who played out of position to accomodate the best player in the world, hit the post 30 times, and sacrificed his personal stats to still score 20+ goals (and the turning point goal in the Spanish Super Copa, you guys remember that right? you remember how Madrid were up 1-0 and completely outplaying FCB? right? guys?) is absolutely beyond me. if Neymar, and the kid is talented no doubt, turns out to be half as effective/clinical/selfless as MaraVilla then his price tag is irrelevant. but seeing as how our team (FCB, remember them?) is built on trust/sacrifice/hardwork/work ethic (character archetypes of all players on the team) and history has shown us that superstars who are coddled in their own little world (see: James, LeBron) rarely have any of the afore-mentioned atributes as valued by Pep (manager/mad scientist of FCB) then (and this is in my anything-but-humble opinion) unless FCB conduct a full psychological review before agreeing to his purchase in order to definitively (not half-assed-ely) ascertain that Neymar as all of those character archetypes and find said archetypes ... then I'll rest easy. otherwise ... I fail to see why a team built on chemistry should introduce Mentos to their CocaCola-type existence.

#justsayin

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
everytime I read a "Neymar>Villa" post I want to reach through the computer screen and punch someone. how a 19 year old kid w/ a douchebag (and it is a douchebag haircut, for the definition of swag-tastic see Guardiola, Pep) haircut is better than the best striker on the planet right now
But people are saying Neymar is better than Villa, not van Persie.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
everytime I read a "Neymar>Villa" post I want to reach through the computer screen and punch someone. how a 19 year old kid w/ a douchebag (and it is a douchebag haircut, for the definition of swag-tastic see Guardiola, Pep) haircut is better than the best striker on the planet right now, a man who played out of position to accomodate the best player in the world, hit the post 30 times, and sacrificed his personal stats to still score 20+ goals (and the turning point goal in the Spanish Super Copa, you guys remember that right? you remember how Madrid were up 1-0 and completely outplaying FCB? right? guys?) is absolutely beyond me. if Neymar, and the kid is talented no doubt, turns out to be half as effective/clinical/selfless as MaraVilla then his price tag is irrelevant. but seeing as how our team (FCB, remember them?) is built on trust/sacrifice/hardwork/work ethic (character archetypes of all players on the team) and history has shown us that superstars who are coddled in their own little world (see: James, LeBron) rarely have any of the afore-mentioned atributes as valued by Pep (manager/mad scientist of FCB) then (and this is in my anything-but-humble opinion) unless FCB conduct a full psychological review before agreeing to his purchase in order to definitively (not half-assed-ely) ascertain that Neymar as all of those character archetypes and find said archetypes ... then I'll rest easy. otherwise ... I fail to see why a team built on chemistry should introduce Mentos to their CocaCola-type existence.

#justsayin

Normally I'd never read a post with such atrocious formatting, but in this instance I'm very glad I made the exception. :worthy:

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
Normally I'd never read a post with such atrocious formatting, but in this instance I'm very glad I made the exception. :worthy:

sorry ... I had to just blurt it out. I normally edit my posts on Word before posting. I was kinda angry.

thanks for the back-handed compliment though :)

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
The Lebron comparison is perfect also, I cannot stand when the media and agents start pimping teenagers as the next great thing to the point where their life revolves around their marketability and are stuck in an echo chamber of praise. Neymar could be the nicest guy in the world but this sort of treatment has got to have a terrible psychological impact.

There's some guys who manage to turn out relatively normal despite being marketed as the next greatest of all time before their balls even drop (see Crosby, Sidney), but even then they are typically tremendous douches.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End

#justsayin

Agree with every single word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans