Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I'm less concerned about Neymar's personality himself than that of his handlers.

again, the exact same thing was said about Ronaldinho before we signed him.

sometimes mercurial Brazilians are worth taking a risk on.

now, I mean, it could be a complete disaster, but I don't think so. Neymar clearly knows how good we are and how good Messi is. I can't see him being as obstinate as Zlatan was, especially as one of his best friends (Dani) is already so assimilated into our way of doing things. he'll being him into the fold, for sure.

that said, I don't know when we'd sign him. we have Messi and Asexis as the studs. Pedro and Cuenca are the squaddies. and then we have Villa. a stud, but 30 years old. but he's still performing and Pep still loves him (as does everyone else, too). that's 5 players for 3 spots (or 4 for 2, really) which is a perfect balance. unless we do sell Villa, Neymar would be over-egging the pudding. and I can't see us selling Villa.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Rossell loves Brazilians so I can't see something like squad stacking in a specific position being a problem.......

DucdeOrléans

He isn't the most talented Brazilian right now though.

Lucas Rodrigues, Ganso, Leandro Damiao are more talented.

Based on what exactly? Have you ever watched those guys in action? How can you compare Damiao who has scored less goals in every tournament than Neymar although being 3 years older and only played 4 games for Brazil (1 goal) to Neymar? The same with Ganso and Lucas. They are talented but not at the level of Neymar. Even Ganso himself has admitted that.

I rate Lucas highly as well (see my post about Brazil's future lineup in the Brazil thread) but he has not really proven anything in comparison with Neymar. It's not even debatable.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Based on what exactly? Have you ever watched those guys in action? How can you compare Damiao who has scored less goals in every tournament than Neymar although being 3 years older and only played 4 games for Brazil (1 goal) to Neymar? The same with Ganso and Lucas. They are talented but not at the level of Neymar. Even Ganso himself has admitted that.

I rate Lucas highly as well (see my post about Brazil's future lineup in the Brazil thread) but he has not really proven anything in comparison with Neymar. It's not even debatable.

Damiao being as talented as Neymar is a fucking joke.

Ganso could be more talented, but he can't stay fit so his progression has very much slowed down.

Lucas is fucking bananas, he could be better than Neymar. but like you say, he's not proven enough. they could do epic damage for Brazil in years to come, though.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Having seen Neymar, Leandro Damiao and Lucas play in the flesh, admittedly I only seen Lucas for 15-20 mins, allow me to venture my opinion.

Neymar is the shizz man, on the left cutting in he was absolutely lethal so if he came to us I think LW may be his position.

Leandro Damiao was the worst of the 3 by far, I mean he did nearly score one or two but he looked as if he was limited to a certain level, I wasn't so impressed with him.

Lucas was a livewire when he came on, he dribbled round 3 of Scotland's players every time he got possession. I liked him the most. He had a good chemistry with Neymar from what I recall.

Such a shame I didn't get to see Ganso (I'll Google to triple check he didn't play).

DucdeOrléans

Damiao being as talented as Neymar is a fucking joke.

Ganso could be more talented, but he can't stay fit so his progression has very much slowed down.

Lucas is fucking bananas, he could be better than Neymar. but like you say, he's not proven enough. they could do epic damage for Brazil in years to come, though.

Exactly. That said Damiao is a decent forward and I see clear potential in him but as of now a comparison between him and Neymar (based on achievements) is pointless not to say claiming that the former is better than the latter.

Ganso is incredible talented but as you say he has unfortunately had too many injuries. If he somehow can avoid them (much like Messi and other greats have done before him) he could potentially be more decisive than Neymar. But I do not see it as of now.

Totally agree with Lucas. And yes he must prove himself yet before being rated higher than Neymar. But he has time ahead of him.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
No player on the Brazil iside is more talented than Neymar. Stop takling out of your ass just to hate on the kid. And if you suck at your own language god help you. Makes me wonder if you know what talented means. In terms of pure talent, Neymar is at the top and he is pretty consistent to boot. He has scored and assisted against big teams with his NT, even though he did look like an idiot sometimes. What I think he is, is still too raw and for his position, it will take patience and as much time on the ball as possible to get this technique down to the wire to be able to perform on exclusive WC level.

Lucas though, is less talented, but he is boss. He is my favorite Brazilian midfielder right now because he is a courageous player who isn't afraid and never gets anxious (I am looking at you Ramires).

As for Ganso, I have high hopes for him but to be honest, every time I have seen him play for Brazil, he has been shit. He does one or two nice things on the ball, but no way he is more talented than Neymar. He may spot a slick through ball, does a nice flick here and there but every Brazilian can do that shit.

As for Liandro Dimao, :lol:, he is everything I hate about Brazilian strikers these days.

Co0ter

No its because Neymar is an overhyped, overrated twat who thinks he's better than he is when in reality he hasn't proven jack shit, has poor work ethic, has no intelligence and because he can do a trick or two people like yourself and Johnny would easily be willing to pay £70m for him when like 95% of brazilian talent at that age, their first forage into europe is mostly failure.

Am I a Neymar hater? no but I am not a fan of his either and until he proves me wrong I will hold that opinion of him.

I don't know where to get started. Half of what you said isn't even true. Not even close.

I'm guessing you don't watch Neymar on a regular basis for Santos. You probably only watch the international games where the Brazil team has fallen into shambles. He hasn't been amazing, but he's been the only one consistently imposing a threat while the rest of the team acts useless.

After seeing quite a few of your comments, I'm pretty sure you know nothing about players outside the EPL b/c it's probably the only football you watch.

He isn't the most talented Brazilian right now though.

Lucas Rodrigues, Ganso, Leandro Damiao are more talented.

LOL. Ganso, maybe...but he's been off color for a very long time now. As of right now, it's not even close.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

People are just hating on Neymar's image really. He has a douche bag haircut, that brawl he partipated in didnt do him any favours either. What happened to the time when South Americans had to do an apprenticeship in the lesser leagues (Holland, France, Portugal) before moving onto bigger clubs??? First Chelsea were going to get him, then RM and now us.

I dont know how some players get so much hype (Lukaku-prime example) and are pure $hite!

Having said that Neymar can play on the left, he has potential and Alves will help him settle in. I really think we shouldnt pay more then 30 million for him though. He's unproven in Europe and It will be interesting to see him play against us assuming we meet Santos in the final.

Maria

There are some rumors about Neymar being in top 3 for Ballon d'or..if it's true then really is only a marketing prize. More so if Iniesta isn't in top 3.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
again, the exact same thing was said about Ronaldinho before we signed him.

sometimes mercurial Brazilians are worth taking a risk on.

now, I mean, it could be a complete disaster, but I don't think so. Neymar clearly knows how good we are and how good Messi is. I can't see him being as obstinate as Zlatan was, especially as one of his best friends (Dani) is already so assimilated into our way of doing things. he'll being him into the fold, for sure.

that said, I don't know when we'd sign him. we have Messi and Asexis as the studs. Pedro and Cuenca are the squaddies. and then we have Villa. a stud, but 30 years old. but he's still performing and Pep still loves him (as does everyone else, too). that's 5 players for 3 spots (or 4 for 2, really) which is a perfect balance. unless we do sell Villa, Neymar would be over-egging the pudding. and I can't see us selling Villa.

And people were entirely right to fear Ronaldinho, as his first experience in Europe, with PSG, was very much a mixed bag - the lack of success was PSG's fault to some extent, but Roanldinho's lack of discipline kept him from consistently making an impact too. He cared more about the Parisian nightlife than he did football. While he only matured so much, using PSG as a buffer helped Barca get him at his peak.

Now Neymar is actually better behaved in a lot of ways, supposedly he trains a lot harder (not that it's hard to train more than Ronaldinho) and doesn't really drink, but he does have plenty of distractions and in virtually all cases it gets harder to focus after moving to Europe. I think moving directly from Santos to Madrid is one of the things that hurt Robinho

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
And people were entirely right to fear Ronaldinho, as his first experience in Europe, with PSG, was very much a mixed bag - the lack of success was PSG's fault to some extent, but Roanldinho's lack of discipline kept him from consistently making an impact too. He cared more about the Parisian nightlife than he did football. While he only matured so much, using PSG as a buffer helped Barca get him at his peak.

Now Neymar is actually better behaved in a lot of ways, supposedly he trains a lot harder (not that it's hard to train more than Ronaldinho) and doesn't really drink, but he does have plenty of distractions and in virtually all cases it gets harder to focus after moving to Europe. I think moving directly from Santos to Madrid is one of the things that hurt Robinho

I agree, but only because he moved to Madrid, a club that has no fucking idea how to develop young talent.

and he still found his way, only to be horribly advised by his agent. his career didn't become a joke 'til he moved to City. Milan have rescued him, but those lost couple of years have really damaged his reputation and sharpness - despite the brief interlude of magic when he was loaned to Santos.

Neymar has no personal issues anymore, he's grown out of most of them. realistically, the only problem he'll face with us is an issue of his place in the team. he'd have to work like a dog (which he doesn't for Santos or Brazil) and wouldn't be the #1 option on the ball. now I know he has the talent to meet both of those challenges, but it's whether he has the drive and desire to do so.

also his price is fucking bananas. but there's sadly nothing we can do about that. United, Milan and Real permanently fucked the transfer market up with the Cristiano and Kaka deals I'm afraid.

Flavius

Puskas Award candidates: Messi, Rooney and Neymar.
puskas.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans