Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
Yes the Denilson comparison does seem apt.

It just amuses me though that these so called barca supporters, who want Neymar and thinks that he is brilliant, do not realise he is anti everything that Pep wants Barcelona to represent. Work ethic, team work, working for each other, humbleness.

Neymar has none of those, but because he is a showboater and apparently the biggest talent in Brazil (if so then Brazil are fucked) these so called Barca supporters want him because he will showcase his brilliant and awesome skillz for their team.

Personally I would laugh my arse off if you spend £60m plus on him because he will be an utter failure at Barca.

What a bunch of horse excrement...

You're really trying too hard to sound like a smartass.

I'm really interested to know how many times you've actually watched Neymar play. According to many people I know who follow him closely, the attributes you listed couldn't be further away from the truth. I really would like to know how you came to your thoughtful and insightful conlcusion on him, Brazilian media? Youtube? His hair? The fact that he goofs around with Barcelona's Dani Alves? It's like someone who never watches Barca seeing the goofy shit that Alves does and then watching him dive a few times and coming to the conclusion that he has no work ethic and is an arrogant prick.

Also if you go back and read the arguments some of these 'so-called Barca supporters' put up you would find that they have nothing to do with 'showcasing his brilliant and awesome skillz'. I'm not even one of those supporting the idea and actually don't agree with all of their thoughts, but I would like to see you actually come up with a valid counter-argument than trying to sound like a smartass...

DucdeOrléans

AnfieldEd:

Yes, after all Neymar is infeiror to Ganso, Leandro and Lucas despite having proved way more than all 3 combined.

Denilson was not an attacker and Neymar has already scored more goals for Brazil than he did in his entire career.

Quaresma? Seriously? Neymar already proved himself on a bigger stage (Copa Libertadores>Portuguese league).

Nobody is going to buy him for 60 million Punds ffs:lol: How many times do I need to tell you that?

It would also not surpirse me if you have only watched 2 games with Neymar and you have probably no knowledge about his behaviour since you do not speak Spanish nor Portuguese other than what is written in the English press or what you see is written on some insignificant forum.

Apart from that there have been countless of reports in both the Catalan/Spanish media and Brazilian media that have confirmed that Pep is very much interested in Neymar. I posted the most recent report a few weeks ago.

Name me a better 19 year old attacker that has proven his worth for the Brazilian national team, a top club in Brazil, (the best league in South America by far) the Copa Libertadores (the best club competition outside of CL), that has scored 81 goals in 158 matches for his club team (Santos) and 8 goals in 15 matches for the Brazilian national team and who at the same time is suited by all the worlds top clubs?

And don't say Andy Carroll.

Last edited:

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
You guys are missing the core issue.

He has a terrible haircut.

(Also please don't claim Neymar singlehandedly won the Libertadores, anyone who watched it that year knew how talented that Santos team was. He was their best player and best goal scorer, but we are talking a matter of degrees. Santos was above and beyond the best club in South America that year, and even then they grinded their way to victory - Pele's Santos they were not.)

Last edited:

DucdeOrléans

I'm really interested to know how many times you've actually watched Neymar play. According to many people I know who follow him closely, the attributes you listed couldn't be further away from the truth. I really would like to know how you came to your thoughtful and insightful conlcusion on him, Brazilian media? Youtube? His hair? The fact that he goofs around with Barcelona's Dani Alves? It's like someone who never watches Barca seeing the goofy shit that Alves does and then watching him dive a few times and coming to the conclusion that he has no work ethic and is an arrogant prick.

Also if you go back and read the arguments some of these 'so-called Barca supporters' put up you would find that they have nothing to do with 'showcasing his brilliant and awesome skillz'. I'm not even one of those supporting the idea and actually don't agree with all of their thoughts, but I would like to see you actually come up with a valid counter-argument than trying to sound like a smartass...

Exactly. But the last time he was humiliated and escaped from the discussion just to show up recently to write the same nonsense for the 1000th time in a row.

I am close to conclude that he has a chance to level the nonsense of the clueless idiot, VivaUnited.

Apart from that I have never said that there are not better players around than him who would fit the team better. That's not the point. My point is that he is way more talented than some users (who have no knowledge about him or his abilities) would like to give him credit for.

Last edited:

DucdeOrléans

You guys are missing the core issue.

He has a terrible haircut.

(Also please don't claim Neymar singlehandedly won the Libertadores, anyone who watched it that year knew how talented that Santos team was. He was their best player and best goal scorer, but we are talking a matter of degrees. Santos was above and beyond the best club in South America that year.)

Namely because of Neymar who also happened to score in the final and was their best performer during the whole season.

There is no doubt that the guy is hyped (and there are several reasons for this, one of them being the lack of Brazilian talents right now, especially in the attack) but to compare him to Denilson, Quaresma and Keirrison does not make any sense for obvious reasons (Quaresma and Denilson being traditional wingers and Keirrison a totally different attacker than Neymar)

Again, how many 19 year olds have the track record of Neymar, the abilities and potential right now?

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Namely because of Neymar who also happened to score in the final and was their best performer during the whole season.

There is no doubt that the guy is hyped (and there are several reasons for this, one of them being the lack of Brazilian talents right now, especially in the attack) but to compare him to Denilson, Quaresma and Keirrison does not make any sense for obvious reasons (Quaresma and Denilson being traditional wingers and Keirrison a totally different attacker than Neymar)

Again, how many 19 year olds have the track record of Neymar right now?

Mauro Boselli was the highest scorer (not only on his team, but in the entire Libertadores) and scored in the final two years ago. Joffre Guerrón was the best player on LDU Quito the year before. How did moves to Europe work out to them?

Now I'm being half serious, Neymar is clearly more talented. He's maybe the most talented 19 year old in the world sure. But emphasis on 19. Comparing him to Denilson is as absurd as comparing him to Ronaldinho - it's possible he will be that good or that bad when all is said and done, but neither of us know that. Realistically he's going to end up somewhere between those two.

The problem is not that he doesn't have potential to be great (he clearly does, he's already an above average football player), the problem is that he's being hyped to absurd levels. People already claiming that he's Pele 2 and the fact that he's constantly surrounded by enablers who make him out to be some sort of God has got to be bad for the ego. He's not the first player to recieve tons of hype like this, but I've never seen such an extreme. The truth is his career trajectory has not been extraordinary, he's in good company but there's a new one of these Brazilian wonderkids every other year, Neymar is further along than most, but so were Robinho and Adriano.

Plus he's going to be expensive. Real fucking expensive, and for a player that Barca doesn't desperately need, the obsession to me seems to be far more about style than substance. As much as a lot of us superficially bash him for the way he carrys himself and his haircut, a lot of his biggest proponents are in love with him for equally shallow reasons, because he carries that swag and stereotypical samba "joga bonito" marketability that makes so many people fall in love with Brazilian football.

JonM

For me it has nothing to do with his talent or attitude. I'm just not a fan of big transfers, especially when the team is winning and it's not needed.

We got the hyped young forward everyone wanted a few months ago. Now we need another one? Despite Cuenca showing great promise and Delofeu and many others in the pipeline?

Most people laugh at Man City and Real Madrid for buying all the top players like they're pokemons. "Haha, Madrid still lost despite speding 200M!!!" Well Barça is not all that far behind...

Just save the money and pay off the freaking debt already.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End

I've seen most of his appearances for Brazil and I've watch most of Santos's games in the Copa Libertadores (albeit not live).

According to many people I know they agree with my assessment and those people know much more of south american football than I.

Your comparison to Alves is a load of nonsense because he proved his quality at Sevilla and proved his work ethic and his team work at Sevilla, long before he joined Barcelona.

I admit 50% of what I am posting on this thread is of smartass attitude but the other 50% is the underpinning thought that backs up my smartass attitude.

I admit I don't like Neymar and I don't like his attitude and I think he is hyped up beyond belief. However those opinions on him are backed up of what I have seen of him for Brazil and Santos.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Mauro Boselli was the highest scorer (not only on his team, but in the entire Libertadores) and scored in the final two years ago. Joffre Guerrón was the best player on LDU Quito the year before. How did moves to Europe work out to them?

Now I'm being half serious, Neymar is clearly more talented. He's maybe the most talented 19 year old in the world sure. But emphasis on 19. Comparing him to Denilson is as absurd as comparing him to Ronaldinho - it's possible he will be that good or that bad when all is said and done, but neither of us know that. Realistically he's going to end up somewhere between those two.

The problem is not that he doesn't have potential to be great (he clearly does, he's already an above average football player), the problem is that he's being hyped to absurd levels. People already claiming that he's Pele 2 and the fact that he's constantly surrounded by enablers who make him out to be some sort of God has got to be bad for the ego. He's not the first player to recieve tons of hype like this, but I've never seen such an extreme. The truth is his career trajectory has not been extraordinary, he's in good company but there's a new one of these Brazilian wonderkids every other year, Neymar is further along than most, but so were Robinho and Adriano.

Plus he's going to be expensive. Real fucking expensive, and for a player that Barca doesn't desperately need, the obsession to me seems to be far more about style than substance. As much as a lot of us superficially bash him for the way he carrys himself and his haircut, a lot of his biggest proponents are in love with him for equally shallow reasons, because he carries that swag and stereotypical samba "joga bonito" marketability that makes so many people fall in love with Brazilian football.

Pwnage right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans