Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

XavIniesta_6

What really baffled me was the fact that people actually had the premonition that he was really gonna put Barcelona in their place, or that he would drive Santos to victory, single handed. It's like they completely forgot Barcelona always has the ball and Neymar (and Ganso, who doesn't have much work rate or defensive discipline) would really stand out and shine against a team that has around 10 other players, besides Messi, that are currently more influential than Neymar.

I can imagine he had a ridiculous amount of pressure on his back though.

F

Flavia

What really baffled me was the fact that people actually had the premonition that he was really gonna put Barcelona in their place, or that he would drive Santos to victory, single handed. It's like they completely forgot Barcelona always has the ball and Neymar (and Ganso, who doesn't have much work rate or defensive discipline) would really stand out and shine against a team that has around 10 other players, besides Messi, that are currently more influential than Neymar.

I can imagine he had a ridiculous amount of pressure on his back though.
That was the stupid media, and santos' deluded fans(pelé included). I know some santistas that were sure of the victory. One even told me they had more class upfront. This Barça is the greatest team ever, but still there are people that underestimate them. Brazilian media is having the hardest time with Messi, cause he is argentine, and that's the reason behind all the neymar hype. Now, they'll have to acknowledge who is the best.

XavIniesta_6

It wasn't just Santistas though, it was a bunch of other idiots that live around me that have no clue about football. Not to mention, they always bring up Inter beating Barcelona in the 2006 CWC. They fail to realize that those are 2 different teams and only go by the name of the club instead of their actual performances over the years. That Barcelona was incredibly cocky and didn't work nearly as hard to win the ball back, didn't move the ball nearly as fast, and not to mention that year we pretty much gave La Liga away and got eliminated in the round of 16.

I swear, selective memory is a hilarious thing.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
The good thing, however, is that more & more Brasilian players are showing a healthy level of respect for the Argentine...You can see it on & off the pitch, I like that...Media is media, the world over they have agendas

ammarfcb

ze special one
“Barcelona have fantastic players. They are the best team in the world and were far superior. Today we learned how to play futbol.”

- Neymar

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
Foto-de-Neymar_54241250570_54115221162_190_228.jpg

MISSING
Neymar da Silva santos Jr.
Missing on Sunday 18/12/2011 around 8h
He should have gone to the final against Barcelona but nobody has seen him.

Sergio

Sergison
“Barcelona have fantastic players. They are the best team in the world and were far superior. Today we learned how to play futbol.”

- Neymar
Nice comments.

I have to confess I have seen few of his games, other than today, only a handful others with Brasil. But with his hype came claims of a bad mentality or character, somewhere between Cristiano and Balotelli. Basically he was portrayed as another hugely talented but unstable and unreliable as a pro.

From what I saw today, even though his play was bad, the character assassination seems unjust. His manner actually reminded me of Cafu, very ambitious, yet still care free enough to play for fun and with a smile. And actually respectful, even humble, after.

ammarfcb

ze special one
Nice comments.

I have to confess I have seen few of his games, other than today, only a handful others with Brasil. But with his hype came claims of a bad mentality or character, somewhere between Cristiano and Balotelli. Basically he was portrayed as another hugely talented but unstable and unreliable as a pro.

From what I saw today, even though his play was bad, the character assassination seems unjust. His manner actually reminded me of Cafu, very ambitious, yet still care free enough to play for fun and with a smile. And actually respectful, even humble, after.

+1

ricknattery

- Neymar

Respect for this player.
Hope he reaches his full potential. It would not be fair to judge him in this game, Pele could have been on his place today and he would have barely touched the ball as well. I value his words and sportmanship after the game. He has no problems acknowledging Barca is the best, media has built a bad image around him(inmature and spoilt kid), when you can clearly see it's the opposite. Hope he makes the right decisions in his career(crucially at early stages).

dalitis8

Banned

MISSING

That is too harsh on the kid (OK, I know it's a joke)

He seems genuinely talented to me. I was hugely impressed with one move he pulled on Abidal. I hope someone finds the clip, the way he controlled/protected/dribbled all in one one move, was something I have never seen before in decades of watching football. He also seems like a much more decent guy than he is presented by some. He seems willing to work hard and improve. With the guidance of a club like Barca or Madrid, and a manager like Pep or that cunt Mourinho, he will improve immensely. Firstly, he needs to cut the selfish part of his game, and then work on his passing and vision.

He is a future great if he works in those things.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes

MISSING
Very harsh :lol:

FCB makes a habit of making opposition forwards disappear. Nothing they can do without the ball really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans