Nico Gonzalez

JamDav1982

Nico should go on loan but I suspect they have signed Kessie as have not ruled out cashing in on FDJ which would be a mistake.

TheStig

What do people think about Kessie potentially eating away from Nico's game time next season??

Anyone cares??

I do. I am sure Nico is better than Kessie (at least in Barca's system) and that Kessie will be the reason that Nico will leave in a couple of seasons. He also didn't get even a chance at DM which he played in B team and could become long term Busi's replacement.

ajnotkeith

I do. I am sure Nico is better than Kessie (at least in Barca's system) and that Kessie will be the reason that Nico will leave in a couple of seasons. He also didn't get even a chance at DM which he played in B team and could become long term Busi's replacement.

Nico has been bad for the first team at DM.

I feel the parallel with Busquets has been drawn by people that haven't really watched Nico at all because it's not his game. Much more attacking like an 8 than DM.

mc_lovin

Nico has been bad for the first team at DM.

I feel the parallel with Busquets has been drawn by people that haven't really watched Nico at all because it's not his game. Much more attacking like an 8 than DM.

He can get there as DM. Contrary to popular belief players can adapt and learn (see Rodri...).

The bigger issue with him is that he generally looks a bit out of place in first team football (always a bit late, lacking intensity..). Not everyone can be a Busquets, Gavi or Pedri. But it's not a lost cause, he has talent and physical tools.

Joan

He is an odd player. Never though he played with particular intensity but always seems to tire soon.

A loan should do him well.

gregorrin10

Nico should go on loan but I suspect they have signed Kessie as have not ruled out cashing in on FDJ which would be a mistake.

Xavi said multiple times in recent weeks than De Jong is untransferable...so really don't know where these ideas about him going anywhere keep popping up from? He (along with our young core talents with good/great potential) is the biggest selling point to any other world class player we're trying to convince to join us right now.

Yes, you can have amazing young talents, but you need at least a couple of a few years older, but truly established world class players, who have already proved themselves on the biggest stage for club and country to really make your selling point. And De Jong is the heart of that right now, might be our only player who truly fits into that category right now, along with possibly Dembele, if he stays here and of course stays fit and firing, and Ferran, if he continues in this good trajectory since joining. And soon to be joined by Pedri, which is just crazy, since he's still only 19 years old.

Others are either in their 30s winding down (Alba, Busquets, Auba) or at least approaching that (Ter Stegen, but he isn't even world class and certainly not a big player, at least not internationally), or just aren't quite there yet, although they have every chance to get there (Araujo), or they just fit into that young core talent with good/great potential category. (Pedri, Gavi, Fati, Nico? Garcia? Dest?)

Home of Barca Fans