Nico Gonzalez

Gnidrologist

He's better than Busquets. Quicker, more vertical passing, no useless turns, where he gets flat footed and doesn't leave gaping hole in middle of the park.

Porque

Shame he didn't get the first half where the intensity was higher

Hopefully Xavi shakes things up a bit more versus Juve.

Gnidrologist

Yes, their style is also somewhat similar. No as fancy as unique skills guy, but seems more effective and doesn't slow the game down. Tries a lot of sharp vertical passes and mostly good decision making. That quick combination, where it lead to Kessies shot is what is needed. Also blocked some crucial passes and runs. Think he has progressed since last season. Hope it remains and, if not DJ than he gets to push out the old slowpoke.

mc_lovin

Just pre-season, but he looks very good. Would like to see if he can keep up the intensity for 90 minutes, which was his biggest problem last year - easy to forget he was just 19. Got criticized far too much here.

I like the new, leaner version of him.

Total-Football

His positioning is good and so is his passing. The red flag so far is his technique he seems to fumble the ball when he receives it. He is not technical enough in handling the ball like buskets and it shows. It's like he needs 2 to 3 touches to just control the ball.

serghei

Interesting, I can see something there... Xavi must be grooming him as our next DM. He is completely gone from being a box to box and keeping position much better. More passing, more positioning, less traveling with the ball or going up.

To be honest, I expect our midfielders to go up less considering the attacking players we have now. Focus on giving them proper service.

He has the qualities to develop much like Rodri did.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Interesting, I can see something there... Xavi must be grooming him as our next DM. He is completely gone from being a box to box and keeping position much better. More passing, more positioning, less traveling with the ball or going up.

To be honest, I expect our midfielders to go up less considering the attacking players we have now. Focus on giving them proper service.

He has the qualities to develop much like Rodri did.

Nico was b2b in youth categories and wasn't the mist hyped, then moved to DM and had a breakthrough there with B team after some time.
He was actually promoted with the idea of him being dm but didn't work well last year.
Maybe after a year adapting to professional football he might make progress as DM.
Will be huge for us, but won't bet on it though

xXKonan

He played some of his best games as an interior under Koeman but fell off as the season progressed, Seems like he struggled with what Xavi wanted out of him and seemed sluggish.

Hopefully this season he can prove his worth as a DM.

Home of Barca Fans