Nico Williams

companyofcules

Nico strikes the ball really well and is clever in his decision making as well. It's rare where you see him go on a blind dribbling raid or do something insanely stupid as a lot of wingers tend to do.

I do believe he has a decent chance of becoming a 10-15 goals type of goalscorer in a league season, but you never really know how a player is going to develop.
But why we should pay so much before actual proofs he can do it? I get he has some potential but his ball control is so sloppy that he can end up a flop. Guys, clutch players are not growing, it's in their DNA.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
But why we should pay so much before actual proofs he can do it? I get he has some potential but his ball control is so sloppy that he can end up a flop. Guys, clutch players are not growing, it's in their DNA.

You don't have to, but if you're looking to buy a ready made player then you better bring 100m+ on the table these days.

If not Nico now, then the club will have to take a risk and sign a similar talent or hopefully better in the future for a similar price. The issue is that this club have been losing out similar or better talents to other clubs such as our arch rivals for the last five years.

BJJ

His speed and creativity cause problems but his finishing is tragic. He really needs to up his goal output but that may happen with time. On the flip side he could end up like Dembele so you never know.
I'd take him over Olmo or Dias though...anyway.

kattanib

Plese remember this fucked us hard. Is not enough to run. You need to be effective to get things done. Dembele was running like hell, provided assists but got no end product in a consistent manner. If we judge only by chaos Neymar was better than Ronaldinho.

What are you trying to say, its not clear. Anyways, Dembele issue wasn't about finishing, it was IQ and decision making. Playing Tiki Taka and high defense requires self control and intelligence, thus Dembele was a horrible fit for Barca

Birdy

Him and Lamine on both wings will be a cheat code

Get him in now or next summer.

Strategic signing

companyofcules

What are you trying to say, its not clear. Anyways, Dembele issue wasn't about finishing, it was IQ and decision making. Playing Tiki Taka and high defense requires self control and intelligence, thus Dembele was a horrible fit for Barca
We buy many "hopes" but hope is given by talent and prolific players show that talent from the start. You can refine many things but finishing is very hard to refine when you don't have the close quarter ball control and strenght. Neymar was the most talented skiller you could ever dream, but his body mass never allowed him to win the glory his talent deserved, 1 v1 with all his dribling was very exposed to being mauled or blocked by simple tactics.
This guy on the other hand is very strong, fast and by changing directions looks a very dangerous player, but he lacks the refined style as Dembele.
Dembele is not an idiot but very inconsistent in tight spaces because he lacks ball control. Add his flimsy body and the disaster is complete.
My point is you can look very dangerous and good but if you lack in strenght or ball control the prospects aren't that good. In my opinion what we witnessed from Nico is his prime, as was the case of Dembele and Neymar.
Neymar is a very important case to study since he had it all except strenght.
Now we should take in account your idea of football Iq, but remember most players are average in Iq and most finishes come natural. Dembele needed many times to rush the ball to compensate for lack of ability and streght. What you consider a defect in my opinion was just a needed atitudine. If Dembele had the possibility of dribling on the spot and turning players around he would have probably played with more calm.
Ability gives you time to find solutions. You can be a big brain player but if your abilities are poor you will simply lose the ball before you would have the oportunity to give a briliant pass or make a briliant curved shot.
Talented players look on average more inteligent because they have the ability to buy time in every situation. Dembele and Nico lack that. Of course you can pass backwards but then boos might come from the Catalan crowds who want you to be a hero not a cog.

companyofcules

You don't have to, but if you're looking to buy a ready made player then you better bring 100m+ on the table these days.

If not Nico now, then the club will have to take a risk and sign a similar talent or hopefully better in the future for a similar price. The issue is that this club have been losing out similar or better talents to other clubs such as our arch rivals for the last five years.
Just buy young prospects that have lots of talent and are sharp. It might take 5 years to mold them into a team but hell that team will be a machine. Buying half talented players because we can't afford proven talents isn't going to cut it anyway so maybe 5 years will be faster than buying average every year. In football miracles are rare at the top.

companyofcules

1000042619.jpg

This is a pin point example of why I think this guy will do better at us than in Bilbao given we are an attacking team but why this is his prime and he will flop badly.
He was ravaging the defence with his speed, change of directions, but his limitations made it impossible for him to score.
A more talented player like CR7 Neymar would have touched the ball with more skill changing the direction of the ball and keeping her inside their range of control.
Nico on the other hand touched the ball without changing the direction and with a blunt force that made the ball impossible to shoot/control. AKA the distance was 2 m from his initial position and human legs can't control balls at 2 m if not for super human speed and agility. More than that his touch was so blunt that the ball was heading in the range of the defender and Nico lost it.
So in this case Nico failed to score not because of his lack of experience or Iq, but because his lack of ball control. You can't get better ball control, that is a born trait.
A more skilled player would have put the ball for a shot in the far corner. If you don't believe it search tens of goals made this way by Cr7.
I hope it helps. Creating chaos isn't going to cut it.

Porque

Yeah he should have done an Mbappe and signed a 1 year extension.

Paying a buyout fee is not financially favourable to us. And if he truly wanted to join then he should have atleast waited until Jan to renew so we could have had official transfer discussions with him.

Home of Barca Fans