Nico Williams

Porque

Dembele with Lamine would have been excellent if he could play LW as good as he plays RW.

Anyways, Assane Diao is an interesting player. In one year time we could be talking about him up there and be ruing not paying 10-15m for him like Samu who cost 6m and is now getting offers for 40m.

Rory

What I like about him is he gets the ball and turns to face the fullback and tries to take him on. Just like Yamal does to the other fullback. We'd finally have a balanced dynamic pair of wingers where the opposition is unsure which wing we will attack down. At the moment you close down our right flank and we're as good as finished. Imagine teams not being able to double up on Yamal all game because they've got the other winger to worry about. Would also free up Lewa a bit more to not put in so many poor performances.

He'd very quickly settle in to the team, spanish, chemistry with Yamal already. Seeing few downsides at the moment. Doesn't matter if he turns out to be a world class level. You can rarely fill a squad with players of that level and keep them all happy. 60m today is 30m 5 years ago in the football world.

cubarsiyamal07

I really love Nico Williams and I would exchange him for Raphinha… the issue is that Barça is in debt and cannot afford signings, and unless we sell several left-wingers, I see his signing as difficult.

Birdy

Things you d love to see

When we get to 1:1, he should be the first signing

Like I said before: having an 1-1 master in your XI is a must nowadays.
But having TWO on both wings is a cheat code

Plus, that would allow Raphina to be tried in his natural AM position.
4-2-3-1 with Nico-Raph-Lamine behind a fast striker (not Lewa) would be eye-watering

Horatio

You're welcome
Things you d love to see

When we get to 1:1, he should be the first signing

Like I said before: having an 1-1 master in your XI is a must nowadays.
But having TWO on both wings is a cheat code

Plus, that would allow Raphina to be tried in his natural AM position.
4-2-3-1 with Nico-Raph-Lamine behind a fast striker (not Lewa) would be eye-watering
1-1 master?

Horatio

You're welcome
1 vs 1, master of dribbling and getting past your man
But he’s not. Maybe if you give long balls yes he will get to ball faster.

Dembele is better at beating direct opponents and no one in their right mind would dub him 1-1 master.

You know how often Nico opts the backpass?

Temptation

Dembele is better at beating direct opponents and no one in their right mind would dub him 1-1 master.

Dembele is unplayable 1 on 1. Defenders just can't stop him.

Birdy

Yes, all the world would dub Dembele as 1v1 master
Who would you?

Home of Barca Fans