Nico Williams

Birdy

I think 12 million gross (6 mln net). 24 million gross (12 mln net) would be crazy.

Same as Raphina, Ansu, and a couple of others are receiving at Barca

Won't be crazy if we offer him the same wage, especially given that Lewa and Gundo who are above that
will be gone soon

FDJ who is oscenely above that might be gone in 2 years

Birdy

He earns more at Athletic than Rodrigo at Real.

Of course he will ask us for more money. I don't think we should make concessions to him.

Same money.
Won't reduce, but if he wants to play for Barca he has to show that

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That's just what Athletic players do. They always renew their contracts with a high-ish buyout clause.
Almost everyone's that left that club have done it from Javi Martinez to Laporte.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's rare you see a highly rated player leave Athletic on free not leaving them any money behind. They do inspire some crazy loyalty from their players. Sure they do compensate them quite well too with higher salaries than you would expect, but it's still interesting to see how many of their players either flat out reject offers from bigger clubs or keep renewing with higher and higher buyout clauses. They treat their players like kings.

Guys like Inigo Martinez are more of an exception and tbf in his case he already stabbed Real Sociedad in the back by moving to Athletic so not entirely unexpected from him :lol:

FCMessi

Not necessarily.
What DonAK says, he wants Bilbao to get decent money from him.
Wouldn't have left on a free
But not wanting to move is a different thing

NW must live under a rock if he's plotting for Bilbao to get decent money from Barca these days.

Messigician

It's rare you see a highly rated player leave Athletic on free not leaving them any money behind. They do inspire some crazy loyalty from their players. Sure they do compensate them quite well too with higher salaries than you would expect, but it's still interesting to see how many of their players either flat out reject offers from bigger clubs or keep renewing with higher and higher buyout clauses. They treat their players like kings.

Guys like Inigo Martinez are more of an exception and tbf in his case he already stabbed Real Sociedad in the back by moving to Athletic so not entirely unexpected from him :lol:
Inigo is in his 30s and injury prone

Doubt Bilbao care that much to see him go

Nucky

I'd love to see Nico in Barca, LW is much needed and he's natural LW.. If its true Barca gets 150M bonus money from Nike, then bringing Nico and Frimpong won't be a problem.. But that is a little too good to be true, something will go wrong I suppose..

vuji_31

Well I hope so Laporta is smart enough to get some deal that has some boost immediatly on our finances so we can spend something this season.

If we are 1-1 in terms of swlling and buying, selling De Jong/Araujo plus lot of players that we don't count we can get Nico and Merino for sure.

Hope so Tebas will not make any new law meanwhile to stop us.

companyofcules

12 milions salary to Forest Gump
Nice
I bet they will pay 22. I mean the fans want him and they will pay. Fuck brazilians, let's go for savana runners because we want to win the Olympics.

companyofcules

Well I hope so Laporta is smart enough to get some deal that has some boost immediatly on our finances so we can spend something this season.

If we are 1-1 in terms of swlling and buying, selling De Jong/Araujo plus lot of players that we don't count we can get Nico and Merino for sure.

Hope so Tebas will not make any new law meanwhile to stop us.
This is absolut bonkers. Close to 3 billions debt, failed levers, let's spend the future on fucking Nico Williams.
Are you all insane? Those money are not coming every year. The VIP seats are for 10 years.The Nike contract bonus is probably for a long period.
You are a bunch of plastics

Home of Barca Fans