Nico Williams

cubarsiyamal07

Lewan may be getting on in age… but he scores goals, which is what he’s supposed to do… while Nico and Lamine Yamal, whom I love, can’t even score against a rainbow… in that respect, Raphinha, when he’s on form, which comes in streaks… is miles ahead. Moreover, Lewan and Lamine Yamal have had a lot of trouble understanding each other… I doubt that Nico will get along well with Lewan… I don’t know, with that change of wings… a very beautiful game, but just enough goals… they get along with Morata, but I have my doubts with Lewan.

I mean, I love Nico and I don’t even want to see Raphinha… but I don’t think there will be more goals in favour with that change of wings. And that’s much more important than a flashy and beautiful game…

JohnN

We have a striker for most goals and AMs who can also score. Two direct and fast wingers that occasionally score too is great tactically. With the right tactics the front three with Lamine, Nico and lewa with the likes of Gundo, Pedri or Fermin behind them would be a problem for any team.
I like Nico for our current situation.

draconifire

I don't think we should be going for Nico this summer. Yes, he is a fast winger, yes he will provide that pace and agility on the left that we don't have, yes he is that old-school winger who runs and crosses the ball which we have sorely been missing for ages.
But I do not see him as a goal threat at all, you add Yamal to it and both our flanks are not going to score that much, so it will all depend on RL9 and the AM, which I don't believe they are going to compensate that much. Plus his ball control when in tight spaces is not good, and that will again hinder his ability in front of the goal or when he is getting pressed. I think having Raphinha on the left is good enough for now, as he might not be that agility god, but his goal output and the threat he possesses in the box (be it set piece or normal) is much important than pure pace.

Another major issue for me is, him coming to Barca will require Raphinha to be started on the right wing. And because of the sum we pay for them, both will have to be a starter. This means Yamal gets relegated to be a substitute, not good for his development. As of now, Yamal is good enough to be our starter, heck he will be a starter in almost every team he goes to. What he needs is consistent game time and not sporadic 15min substitution here and there. We have enough depth in the front that he can be rested for all of the easy games we play. So he won't be overplayed.
What we actually need in the front next year is an RL9 substitute. We have none.

JohnN

I don't think we should be going for Nico this summer. Yes, he is a fast winger, yes he will provide that pace and agility on the left that we don't have, yes he is that old-school winger who runs and crosses the ball which we have sorely been missing for ages.
But I do not see him as a goal threat at all, you add Yamal to it and both our flanks are not going to score that much, so it will all depend on RL9 and the AM, which I don't believe they are going to compensate that much. Plus his ball control when in tight spaces is not good, and that will again hinder his ability in front of the goal or when he is getting pressed. I think having Raphinha on the left is good enough for now, as he might not be that agility god, but his goal output and the threat he possesses in the box (be it set piece or normal) is much important than pure pace.

Another major issue for me is, him coming to Barca will require Raphinha to be started on the right wing. And because of the sum we pay for them, both will have to be a starter. This means Yamal gets relegated to be a substitute, not good for his development. As of now, Yamal is good enough to be our starter, heck he will be a starter in almost every team he goes to. What he needs is consistent game time and not sporadic 15min substitution here and there. We have enough depth in the front that he can be rested for all of the easy games we play. So he won't be overplayed.
What we actually need in the front next year is an RL9 substitute. We have none.
if we can keep rafa and offload ferran it's OK. rafa can cover for both wingers when needed and provide an extra threat on goal if that is what the team needs.
ferran is the odd man out. he brings nothing better than a y of our other players.

Loki

You're dreaming guys. Where exactly should the club find €100m+ to be able to buy him? Not to mention the registration problem.

draconifire

Ya, it will be stupid to spend that money on anyone in our current state.
I forgot to add that to my points of negative against him.
Even if we offload Ferran, there is no club that's going to give anywhere close to the sum of 50mil, let alone 80-90mil which we would need for Nico. It will be a net negative for the club to sign Nico this summer. Maybe next year we can, but surely not this year.

companyofcules

maybe only a few really worth 100m+ today. Say Vinicius.

Spending 100m+ on NW could end up like Antony, Joao Felix, Griezmann, Coutinho, Sancho.
Could? It's fact, I fucking posted a print of his atrocious ball control not allowing him to score a easy goal for Neymar or CR7. I don't know what club we want to be but let's hope we don't bitch next year about referees and bad luck because we bought another expensive mediocre player. There 2 Brazilian talents for the left wing. Gabriel Mec is comparable with Neymar. Just buy them both for 50 mil and play Raphinha. Don't waste money on average.
If you guarantee me UCL victory with Nico or 3 titles in 4 years, buy him. Other than that is wasting money on average.

Home of Barca Fans