Nico Williams

TheStig

If Nico wanted to come we would sign him today for free even in our financial situation. I would also love to have him but we have to respect his decision.

I am sure he knew that Barca won't be able to pay 60 for the clause and the big salary, his priorities are elswhere. I don't know why cules think we could get him if we had money, his actions show he wants to stay at Bilbao or go to a club that can afford his clause and salary. After the Euro he will have a lot of options.

Last edited:

Porque

In England, a signing like the youngest of the Williams for 58 million euros seems like a bargain. Chelsea is willing to pay Nico Williams' release clause right now and is offering the player a contract of 15 million euros, three times more than what he earns at Athletic . Arsenal is also putting money on the table, both for the club and for the player.

---

Sounds like BS. Nico is currently on 5m NET. If true it would mean that Chelsea would be paying Nico 30m GROSS / year.

For reference, Chelsea current highest earner Sterling is on 16m GROSS / year.

Loki

In England, a signing like the youngest of the Williams for 58 million euros seems like a bargain. Chelsea is willing to pay Nico Williams' release clause right now and is offering the player a contract of 15 million euros, three times more than what he earns at Athletic . Arsenal is also putting money on the table, both for the club and for the player.

---

Sounds like BS. Nico is currently on 5m NET. If true it would mean that Chelsea would be paying Nico 30m GROSS / year.

For reference, Chelsea current highest earner Sterling is on 16m GROSS / year.
Just today's media. Take current net wage from one side, promised gross wage from the other side and create some diarrhea headline for klicks.

Porque

javier-tebas.jpeg

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Question, why do you follow Barca media/Twitters? Me personally I would never follow another teams Twitter rumours.
Truth is no one knows what is happening, it‘s rumour season - every year it occurs to one degree or another. Some ’sources’ are legitimately ITK while most are not, historically. These days, leaks appear more deliberate - both to use as leverage that have little to do with reality as well accurate ones to apply pressure to spur negotiations

Rumour mill is a popular pastime to follow for many but in the end, it’s simply pointless until presentation - what is known is there is interest from all parties between player & club. The rest is speculation until a possible presentation

Andresito

Staff member
Truth is no one knows what is happening, it‘s rumour season - every year it occurs to one degree or another. Some ’sources’ are legitimately ITK while most are not, historically. These days, leaks appear more deliberate - both to use as leverage that have little to do with reality as well accurate ones to apply pressure to spur negotiations

Rumour mill is a popular pastime to follow for many but in the end, it’s simply pointless until presentation - what is known is there is interest from all parties between player & club. The rest is speculation until a possible presentation
Yeah that's what I mean. The guy I quoted doesn't support Barca. I try to follow most Barca rumours just to get a feel of what's happening and not, but I would never bother with made up stuff for other teams.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Yeah that's what I mean. The guy I quoted doesn't support Barca. I try to follow most Barca rumours just to get a feel of what's happening and not, but I would never bother with made up stuff for other teams.
And post-Alemany, we don’t close deals very discretely anymore - all too often strange rumours precede them under Deco. Unfortunately, too high a number of highly publicized pursuits that ended in failure

Cannot blow this with Nico, must get it over the line by the end of Euro - letting it drag out all summer will impact too many other club moves

Home of Barca Fans