Nico Williams

Porque

Tough to find widemen who can comfortably go inside and outside, can both shoot and cross.

He will be better when surrounded by better team mates as he will have more space. Spain NT is hinting at that.

And in that half space his decision making on where to go is very good.

So not world class in terms of natural technical ability but smart enough to take advantage of his physical abilities. And great mentality to keep going even if it is not working which is a world class trait, because you understand that all those fails can be needed for that one positive action and chance.

Compare that with Ferran Torres who cost us the same. Player with way better utility.

mc_lovin

Did his job, very controlled performance. That one touch in one of their counter attacks was gorgeous. Not at all the mindless brute some people made him out to be. He's no bozo like Dembele, who had another shit performance in a big game. Thank fuck he's gone @Birdy.

Birdy

Did his job, very controlled performance. That one touch in one of their counter attacks was gorgeous. Not at all the mindless brute some people made him out to be. He's no bozo like Dembele, who had another shit performance in a big game. Thank fuck he's gone @Birdy.

Funny that I did not like him today that much.
He was too controlled TBH
very tamed for my liking.
Lamine was trying more stuff

Hope that Hansi can make him more courageous and unpredictable

JohnN

He was more subdued today, but I feel it's expected. Having him and Yamal in the same team though, gives you a real edge.

FCBfan22

Funny that I did not like him today that much.
He was too controlled TBH
very tamed for my liking.
Lamine was trying more stuff

Hope that Hansi can make him more courageous and unpredictable
Those were the tactics by De La Fuente. You cannot bomb forward with both wingers all the time. De La Fuente seemingly predicted that Lamine has better odds and went with it.

If anything, Nico showed that he can play per instructions even if that means more defensive play. And that is a big plus IMO.

Birdy

Those were the tactics by De La Fuente. You cannot bomb forward with both wingers all the time. De La Fuente seemingly predicted that Lamine has better odds and went with it.

If anything, Nico showed that he can play per instructions even if that means more defensive play. And that is a big plus IMO.

Yes, he is disciplined.

But i want to see him in a more dynamic tactical setting, taking more initiative and trying to dribble front foot

FCBfan22

Yes, he is disciplined.

But i want to see him in a more dynamic tactical setting, taking more initiative and trying to dribble front foot
The thing is, if you have 2 attacking wingers, you need them to be very disciplined and respect coach's tactics.

Both Lamine and Nico do that. And that's why we need to get him and we are set for neht 5-10 years on the wings.

Horatio

You're welcome
Are we watching same player?

Yeah from tactical standpoint he stretches pitch. But produces close to nothing on the ball. Then does one thing then gets praised as if had very solid game. A lot of backpasses, failed take-ons, very poor crosses(almost always go way to wide), bad control.

Bojan is right. Better to put gun to raphinhas head and force him to play LW.

But don’t think he’s selfish btw. But his production is very low.

Don’t know what he would cost on wages and does have age in his favour. If cheap willing to gamble, but not excited at all so far.

Home of Barca Fans