Nico Williams

JamDav1982

Fake news.....

But Jamrock did saying paying 50m for Lewa on salary such as 32m for a season made sense.

Also was great business to give Fati his.. Gundos his etc.

Jamrock thinks Barca had to either sell players or pull levers to pay loans due etc.

Level of understanding.. zero.

'But but Laporta sorted books by getting rid of Suarez!;

Top stuff Jammy Jnr.

MontenegrinCuler

Man if Nico leaves now he’ll be hated by Athletic fans :lol:

Idk if he has the will to trigger the shitshow it will cause.
I'd rather have angry at me a community of Basque fans that already hate a shitload of talented players that left them to show their full potential abroad than sit in their club for the rest of my career and hope I'll once get my club to Europa League round of 16. Hope Nico goes by this logic as well. If he wants to make something out of his career, he'll eventually have to leave. And whenever he that happens, Basques will be hating on him. They expect immense loyalty from their players, so he can't evade it.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I'd rather have angry at me a community of Basque fans that already hate a shitload of talented players that left them to show their full potential abroad than sit in their club for the rest of my career and hope I'll once get my club to Europa League round of 16. Hope Nico goes by this logic as well. If he wants to make something out of his career, he'll eventually have to leave. And whenever he that happens, Basques will be hating on him. They expect immense loyalty from their players, so he can't evade it.

They won't be happy either way, but leaving after seemingly confirming he'll stay with that video is a bit different tbf.
We'll see though. Just read the Sport report and it's not signed by any of their reporters which probably means it's fake news as no one want to put their own name on it.

DonAK

We're back in business baby!

tenor.gif

DonAK

Won't pretend to know what's in Nico's head but prospect of playing with Gavi, Pedri, Lamine, Olmo should be very tempting.

It 100% is, but on the other hand that loyalty to Athletic considering what they mean for his family and how they helped them.

It's probably driving him crazy trying to make a final decision. I think it would be stupid to stay, but it's tough to shit on a player showing that kind of loyalty these days.

A bit like Zubimendi who could have left probably three years ago to a big club, but waited and waited and now seem to be joining Liverpool.

JamDav1982

It 100% is, but on the other hand that loyalty to Athletic considering what they mean for his family and how they helped them.

It's probably driving him crazy trying to make a final decision. I think it would be stupid to stay, but it's tough to shit on a player showing that kind of loyalty these days.

A bit like Zubimendi who could have left probably three years ago to a big club, but waited and waited and now seem to be joining Liverpool.

He would also be leaving them 58m and played a huge part in their first trophy in 40 years.

Strong argument against the 'we saved your family argument' which becomes a bit of emotional blackmail.

Loki

Won't pretend to know what's in Nico's head but prospect of playing with Gavi, Pedri, Lamine, Olmo should be very tempting.
That's the only reason why he considered us and no one else, although you can be sure PL clubs offered him a much bigger salary. This guy isn't after money in the first place, but he wants to feel good and if he feels good in Bilbao, it's really difficult to convince him to join. His buddies at our club could be the last straw, or not enough. We'll see.

Andresito

Staff member
If we sign him then the Olmo signing is even dumber. Imagine signing only Nico and spending 60m on Zubimendi or some other defensive player instead of trying to replicate Spain's attacking formation.

Home of Barca Fans