Nico Williams

FinBarcelonafan

Be fucking huge for La Liga if this can be done.

They should be bending over backwards for it and letting Barca inflate their projected income with Nico.
True. I am drooling now for the El Clasico if this happens.. and because who Atletico signed, those games will be massive too. Absolutely huge signings for LaLiga.

jamrock

What amazes me about FIFA is that Ultimate Team is allowed to be a thing, given the sheer amount of microtransactions and how it feeds into kids' vulnerability and adults' gambling addictions.

EA make (made as they don't make the games anymore do they?) an absolute fucking fortune by exploiting kids and vulnerable adults who couldn't control themselves. Playing with legends sounds amazing in theory but not when you need to blow thousands of pounds/euros/dollars on the mode. And it wouldn't be so bad if you could keep these teams for a decade or something, but I heard that the teams reset every season, so some people are spending 10 grand on a game and then the next September their money spent is basically USELESS and it resets again.

I wanna play with Maradona, Gullit, Pele as much as the next guy, but absolutely fuck that. It's an unethical game mode.
I never touch ultimate team, it's a joke, but there bread and butter, my nephew lives for it, making money off kids is the business model.

FinBarcelonafan

Let's face it, we've got no choice now. Nico's pace up top would be such a game changer for us that we have no option but to keep holding out the begging bowl for him.

The signing of Olmo means signing him makes even more sense now. It's almost going to be the difference between challenging for major trophies or not.

We should have never got ourselves in this position, where our whole season could rest on the signing of one player, but that's the kind of shit our Special Olympics Sporting Department get away with on a regular basis.
I don't think Barca had any other option. Nicos clause is very attractive. Who are the other options? Leao? That's 120mil at least and I am not sure he has the technique for Barca's passing game. He needs more space.

Maradona37

I never touch ultimate team, it's a joke, but there bread and butter, my nephew lives for it, making money off kids is the business model.
It's a pretty disgusting business model isn't it. I hope your nephew isn't too addicted, or that he has strict controls on how much he can spend from his parents (assuming he's a kid).

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

What amazes me about FIFA is that Ultimate Team is allowed to be a thing, given the sheer amount of microtransactions and how it feeds into kids' vulnerability and adults' gambling addictions.

EA make (made as they don't make the games anymore do they?) an absolute fucking fortune by exploiting kids and vulnerable adults who couldn't control themselves. Playing with legends sounds amazing in theory but not when you need to blow thousands of pounds/euros/dollars on the mode. And it wouldn't be so bad if you could keep these teams for a decade or something, but I heard that the teams reset every season, so some people are spending 10 grand on a game and then the next September their money spent is basically USELESS and it resets again.

I wanna play with Maradona, Gullit, Pele as much as the next guy, but absolutely fuck that. It's an unethical game mode.

Because multi billion dollar corporations are more powerful than lawmakers and not the other way around.

Let's be honest, your toothpaste is not safe to use, neither is your shampoo. Microwaves should be banned.

But by far the most dangerous product on the market right now is the cancer inducing mobile phone. The lawmakers know this of course, but no chance they will do anything about it, because it will cost corporations ( who pay them off ) tens of billions.

Maradona37

Because multi billion dollar corporations are more powerful than lawmakers and not the other way around.

Let's be honest, your toothpaste is not safe to use, neither is your shampoo. Microwaves should be banned.

But by far the most dangerous product on the market right now is the cancer inducing mobile phone. The lawmakers know this of course, but no chance they will do anything about it, because it will cost corporations ( who pay them off ) tens of billions.
Yeah all that is true. And funnily enough I just seen a post from you about Ter-Stegen's complacency. This is an example of complacency too - we all know that about mobile phones etc, yet we continue to use them anyway.

Apathy and indifference is these corporations' best friend.

JamDav1982

I don't think Barca had any other option. Nicos clause is very attractive. Who are the other options? Leao? That's 120mil at least and I am not sure he has the technique for Barca's passing game. He needs more space.

Nico ticks every box imaginable.

Despite no DM.. getting him makes more sense.

Having that type of pace up top can slow down the pressure and men opposition commit forward or to the press.

We have seen in Euros what can happen if leave Nico and Yamal to get ball in space if over commit.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Yeah all that is true. And funnily enough I just seen a post from you about Ter-Stegen's complacency. This is an example of complacency too - we all know that about mobile phones etc, yet we continue to use them anyway.

Apathy and indifference is these corporations' best friend.

Read the small print of your mobile phone instruction booklet. It will tell you that you should :

KEEP YOUR PHONE AT LEAST 6 INCHES AWAY FROM YOUR BODY AT ALL TIMES.

This is due to the cancer inducing radiation your phone constantly omits.

For this reason I have my phone on airplane mode at all times.

FinBarcelonafan

Nico ticks every box imaginable.

Despite no DM.. getting him makes more sense.

Having that type of pace up top can slow down the pressure and men opposition commit forward or to the press.

We have seen in Euros what can happen if leave Nico and Yamal to get ball in space if over commit.
It's a wet dream for sure. Hah.

Maradona37

Read the small print of your mobile phone instruction booklet. It will tell you that you should :

KEEP YOUR PHONE AT LEAST 6 INCHES AWAY FROM YOUR BODY AT ALL TIMES.

This is due to the cancer inducing radiation your phone constantly omits.

For this reason I have my phone on airplane mode at all times.
Good idea. I think I will follow your lead.

Fortunately for me my phone is rarely at my ear, and I don't use it that much really. That might help a bit. But it definitely sits in my living room and bedroom when I am in them.

I only started using a mobile hone in about 2021 though. I was late to them.

Home of Barca Fans