Nico Williams

jamrock

Competition and rotation is a good thing.

Every team needs a core 15-16 players that can play without much drop In quality we are almost there

Kounde
Araujo
Cubarsi
Christensen
Balde
Bernal
De jong
Gavi
Pedri
Olmo
Yamal
Raphinha
Lewa.

We need 3 more.

1 FB
1 winger
1 striker.

The starting 15.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Still, if we have the chance we should take him, there's no point being bitter that he rejected us temporarily.

My only question would be who goes to the bench? We'll see by the end of this season if Raphinha keeps up his good form or not but then it would be him competing for that spot with Raphinha.

I am not bitter with him at all. I actually thought it was retarted that fans booed him at Montjuic.

But Barca needs to know it's worth when going in to negotiations. Otherwise it will end up bending over for him, like they did for so many others, giving them a farcical contract. Know your worth, without stepping over the line in to arrogance.

We should still consider him, yes. However, we absolutely should be looking to play hardball with his wages more than at the start of the season. The power has shifted and smart people take advantage of that.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Are you starting to believe in the sporting department a bit more now? Since you've converted on Olmo?

Absolutely not. Not in the slightest. I'm not converted on Olmo. I thought he was a good player, but admit to being surprised by just how good he is.

That does not change the fact that Olmo"s signing made absolutely no sense whatsoever. The fact was that they spent the only money we had in a position we were the strongest in, whilst the team had many other holes to be filled. That doesn't, nor ever will, make any sense.

Neither is what Raphinha is doing now a Sporting Department win either. Buying a right winger, when you already have a right winger, and playing him as a left winger is never ever going to be something I'm going to congratulate them for.

What we are seeing now is the result of excellence at La Masia and excellence of Dr. Flick ( who Laporta should get credit for recruiting ) and is in spite of the SPECIAL OLYMPICS SPORTING DEPARTMENT, not because of it.

jamrock

Absolutely not. Not in the slightest. I'm not converted on Olmo. I thought he was a good player, but admit to being surprised by just how good he is.

That does not change the fact that Olmo"s signing made absolutely no sense whatsoever. The fact was that they spent the only money we had in a position we were the strongest in, whilst the team had many other holes to be filled. That doesn't, nor ever will, make any sense.

Neither is what Raphinha is doing now a Sporting Department win either. Buying a right winger, when you already have a right winger, and playing him as a left winger is never ever going to be something I'm going to congratulate them for.

What we are seeing now is the result of excellence at La Masia and excellence of Dr. Flick ( who Laporta should get credit for recruiting ) and is in spite of the SPECIAL OLYMPICS SPORTING DEPARTMENT, not because of it.

Okay fair enough, you are holding firm on your opinion, nothing is wrong with that.

I wasn't happy with olmo initially either, but after I thought about it, realized he'd be good for us.

No L can be given to the sporting department with the signing of raphinha, he's been too important to everything good that has happen in the team since his arrival.

1 goal contribution every 2 games, is no joke.

They have had some good moves in the transfer market.

Net spending a 100m or close to it, since theyve been here and winning a league, isn't too horrible.

But flaws exist.

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

We'll still have to see if the lack of DM costs us in the long run, because having to play Casado there until De Jong comes back is really far from ideal.

But it's difficult to make such choices with no money, under normal circumstances we'd have been able to get everything we needed, alas.

On the financial side of things I hope Laporta is getting us back to 1:1 soon.

vuji_31

I am not mad at Nico at all.

I am 100% conviced that he wanted to come here but Barca didn't have money to buy or register him.

He never said he didn't want to come here.

Next year we will be (hope so) in 1:1 FFP rule and we will get him.

Add to that CDM, RB and ST and we are covered with young players on all positions and this team has everything.

Nico, Osimhen, Pubil and CDM and we are good to go.

Joan

Signing Olmo instead might prove to have a much bigger impact on us than Nico would.

But if Raphinha works out at LW and considering our tight finances, we’ll have bigger priorities in the summer. Namely DM and CF, FBs too if an opportunity presents itself. Might end up missing on Nico.

Loki

If Rapha continues to perform like that, we don't need him in the foreseeable future. There are far more urgent positions to take care of.

TheStig

Nico was right in the end, there is no chance we could register him and Olmo. We probably couldn't even register only Nico (if we chose to not buy Olmo) because of the release clause and Athletic would report our shananigans to La liga. I also think Nico wanted to come but it's better he waited because he would probably now be unregistered and couldn't play.

Next season if the financial situation is better we should go for him again if he has a good season (which is not a given).

Our biggest holes (if we count on Bernal) for next summer will probably be ST, LW and a backup fullback if the kids don't convince. I would add a GK but we probably won't go for one in the next 10 years.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Nico was right in the end, there is no chance we could register him and Olmo. We probably couldn't even register only Nico (if we chose to not buy Olmo) because of the release clause and Athletic would report our shananigans to La liga. I also think Nico wanted to come but it's better he waited because he would probably now be unregistered and couldn't play.

Next season if the financial situation is better we should go for him again if he has a good season (which is not a given).

Our biggest holes (if we count on Bernal) for next summer will probably be ST, LW and a backup fullback if the kids don't convince. I would add a GK but we probably won't go for one in the next 10 years.
Exactly (y) But I would still try to add a "tough" and gritty box-to-box/defensive midfielder if FdJ doesn't add anything beyond Casado/Gavi/Pedri(Bernal) - such a fucking shame about Bernal, he could have pushed FdJ out but now we won't really find out :cry:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Should not go in next summer having tunnel vision for him. Look at alternatives. Don't need a Griezmann v2.

Also every summer a CDM is mentioned, but which CDM do you even sign at this point?

Home of Barca Fans