Nico Williams

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Cesc was Premiership MVP and Barca boy. Different stuff.
If history teaches us anything it's there are no guarantees. So many transfers looked great on paper and then failed.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
The hype is slowly dying, the minutes I've seen him this season have been meh - not impressed at all. I'm not saying much more for now, but maybe we can do better than Nico?

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
called it
Yeah you might have called it, let's evaluate after a couple of months because its still early days :) But one problem with Nico is I don't see him playing #10, #9 or RW (he can play RW, but much better on LW) - that's a downside tbh. But ok, if we buy a #9 we only expect him to play there - fine. But the more games we play, the more injuries and we need more versatility. It's not like we can put Lewa on LW, RW or CAM (honestly, he can hardly play as #9 this season... sure he's scored 4 goals but omg he's been bad) - he would suck immensely. With Flick-ball I would pay more than 100M for Eto'o if he was 20 and played today :lol: That's the kind of striker we need - fast, mobile, technical and killer in front of goal... We should try Toni and Guille, they could play RW, LW and CAM - I even think Toni could be a very mobile false #9. I've proposed that before, but got shot down...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The options that would either fit the profile or quality are:

Rafael Leao, Luis Diaz, Khvicha Kvaratskhelia, Anthony Gordon, Nico Williams and that's really it unless I've forgotten someone.

Either way there's no perfect player out there for us.

And if you are as delusional as I am then Musiala I would add too.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
The options that would either fit the profile or quality are:

Rafael Leao, Luis Diaz, Khvicha Kvaratskhelia, Anthony Gordon, Nico Williams and that's really it unless I've forgotten someone.

Either way there's no perfect player out there for us.
Leao? Gordon? Gordon won't join a Spanish team and Leao sucks. Kvara is alright, but doesn't fit us.
Nico is still alright, season just started. But sometimes the stars align for Masia and we need to harvest the fruits - Guille and Toni look like they could play for the first team already and maybe we shouldn't look further than them for now. Raphinha looks amazing, Yamal even better - we have Fermin and Guille and Toni coming through. Sure, in modern football you should never stop looking for talent - but Masia has give us so much so we should trust the process before we splurge +50M on players we might already have here.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Leao? Gordon? Gordon won't join a Spanish team and Leao sucks. Kvara is alright, but doesn't fit us.
Nico is still alright, season just started. But sometimes the stars align for Masia and we need to harvest the fruits - Guille and Toni look like they could play for the first team already and maybe we shouldn't look further than them for now. Raphinha looks amazing, Yamal even better - we have Fermin and Guille and Toni coming through. Sure, in modern football you should never stop looking for talent - but Masia has give us so much so we should trust the process before we splurge +50M on players we might already have here.

Neither Guille or Toni nor Fermin are wingers and we need quality depth/competition.

It's not sustainable to play Yamal and Raphinha every game and the quality drop off with Ferran is massive. As for Ansu then he's always injured and we don't even know if he can still play at a decent level.

They need to sign a winger and it makes more sense to sign a right-footed left-winger considering Raphinha can fill in at RW. Obviously don't need to spend 100m on one, but we need more quality.

Joan

Once you start thinking about Musiala, that list starts to look very uninspiring.

A few days ago I would've welcomed Nico with my arms open :bartomeu:

Home of Barca Fans